PDA

View Full Version : Another warranty question

Abrannan19
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I just purchased my 2006 trx450R electric start of course and I have read the other few threads about the extended warranty and most people are saying not to b/c it will take a large problem for the warranty to pay for itself..understandable. And alot of other people say that mods will void the warranty..i was told that was only when the mods go internal(motorwise) jets, pipe and that type of stuff is ok and the dealer installed HRC kit will not void the warranty..So if I am gonna spend the money on the warranty and the hrc kit do you guys think that it would be a good investment..I have heard about alot of problems from the 06' (knocking on wood and fingers crossed) I have not had any problem yet but it only been a full week now.The dealer told me that this warranty cover everything except the tires and battery..so my last questions is are there any of you who did in fact purchase the warranty on a 04,05,06 and have had a problem ...was it a problem to get it fixed, was there small print or was everything great..your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Abrannan19
I just purchased my 2006 trx450R electric start of course and I have read the other few threads about the extended warranty and most people are saying not to b/c it will take a large problem for the warranty to pay for itself..understandable. And alot of other people say that mods will void the warranty..i was told that was only when the mods go internal(motorwise) jets, pipe and that type of stuff is ok and the dealer installed HRC kit will not void the warranty..So if I am gonna spend the money on the warranty and the hrc kit do you guys think that it would be a good investment..I have heard about alot of problems from the 06' (knocking on wood and fingers crossed) I have not had any problem yet but it only been a full week now.The dealer told me that this warranty cover everything except the tires and battery..so my last questions is are there any of you who did in fact purchase the warranty on a 04,05,06 and have had a problem ...was it a problem to get it fixed, was there small print or was everything great..your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

technically you should be covered as long as what you did didnt cause the problem, but you will for sure be covered if you have your dealer install the part which you choose to buy, me myself think warrenty is a waste, and would never pay to extend it

kyex40047
01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I have had $1500 worth of warrenty work done to my motor. The whole top end is brand new, execpt for the cam. It was all with in 6 monthes though. I would get it because I have had alot of problems with mine. Plus with the stock gas tank having that stupid design, it may be worth it just for that.

MAD450r
01-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Granted I have only had a few stupid problems. I think any first year vehicle should ahve one.

When I bought mine I told him I had a pipe already for ti and I wanted to widen and change the shocks. My dealer said no problem. Anything you change out isn't covered is all.

My rear hub's kept coming loose till I red locktighted them. So they replaced them twice. Now I have to get a new anitfade locknut since that likes to come loose every weekend.

A friend said to me he thought my axle was bent or something to cause that cause his never did it. He just put an hrc kit in his. Within 2 hours his axle came loose too. Using the higher rpms all the time causes more vibration which in turn causes things to loosen up on you if you dont keep an eye on them.

So now every oilchange I go over most every bolt.

Abrannan19
01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
thansk you very much for your input it will definitly be taken into consideration..:D