PDA

View Full Version : good MX tracks around western PA?

hondardr4life
01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm looking for some good MX tracks around paestern PA, or eastern ohio. Four of us are getting into racing this year, 2 have raced before, and me and the other kid have never raced. I think I am picking up a full MX 250r in a few days, so I will be set with a quad. We have switchback, county line, and mapleshade. Also there is this indoor track in Andover, OH. Are there any other nice tracks around the area? We don't want to go very deep into ohio, because its a long drive. Let me know of any places!

Tommy 17
01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Beaver Valley - MX,HS
Camelback - MX,HS
Challenger - MX
Field of Dreams - MX
Greene County - AX
High Point MX,HS
Latrobe - AX
Maple Shade - MX
Pleasure Valley - MX
R & D Raceway - MX,HS
Roaring Knob - AX,MX,HS
Rocket Raceway - MX
Rolling Thunder - MX
Starvation Point - MX
Steel City - MX
Washington County - AX
Westmoreland - AX,MX
Wolfmanns - MX
Iron valley - MX

go here to find more info on most of them..

walker054
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
www.district5ama.org switchback not as good as it used to be, countyline is decent but has low turnout, nice place to practice, Mapleshade is decent for racing, but even better for practice on non-race weekends, district 5 races vary, i like some of the tracks but will NEVER go back to some. There is also CRA races, never been to any of their tracks except for Pymatuming, and that is ONLY for the Matt Bartosek race, Ohio has a couple nice tracks also, really liked Spring Valley, practiced once at dirtworld also, seemed ok.

hondardr4life
01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I heard dirtworld was a nice track, but its a long drive for me. Tommy, do you have any info on iron valley this season. We were assuming that they were closed.

450r51
01-05-2006, 05:29 PM
also check out www.d4mxatva.com, they have tracks in ny and PA mapleshade is a sick track one of the best in the region. also check out NEMX an indoor track in ohio, Andover i beleive.

shogun_98
01-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I heard that the owners will open Iron Valley if they can't find someone to run it. The owner actually comes in to where I work so if i get a chance I'll ask him.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
yeah , definatley shoot either one of us a pm if you find out

ATV Father
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't know how far u want to travel but Breezewood Proving Grounds is in the western part of the mid-state.
Breezewood Proving Grounds (http://www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com/)

450rboy
01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
Beaver Valley - MX,HS
Camelback - MX,HS
Challenger - MX
Field of Dreams - MX
Greene County - AX
High Point MX,HS
Latrobe - AX
Maple Shade - MX
Pleasure Valley - MX
R & D Raceway - MX,HS
Roaring Knob - AX,MX,HS
Rocket Raceway - MX
Rolling Thunder - MX
Starvation Point - MX
Steel City - MX
Washington County - AX
Westmoreland - AX,MX
Wolfmanns - MX
Iron valley - MX

go here to find more info on most of them..

yea i think he named all of them

450rboy
01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Thanks a lot guys. I heard dirtworld was a nice track, but its a long drive for me. Tommy, do you have any info on iron valley this season. We were assuming that they were closed.

I herd that they might not be racing there anymore but i have no idea. if they are i would like to here more about it. its a nice track to go to just to get more practice and stuff like that. i say this because this ain't a good track if you need a really big challenge. but they do need to change some of the track and rework it. a lot of people don't go there either because of the track and because there ain't a lot of people there.

thats just my opinion

K_Fulk
01-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Big Game and TV Land are a couple more CRA tracks. Big Game is in Hubbard, and TV Land is fairly close to nemx.

hondardr4life
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Yea, I saw TV land on the way up to Baldwins. It looks absolutely nuts. Well at least the fmx track did, lol. We checked out the indoor place in andover. Its pretty nice. I got my MX quad :cool: , so im ready to go. I know for a fact we will be going to mapleshade at least once this season, and staying there for a weekend.

ATV
01-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Switchback is ALOT better than it ever was! There is a totally seperate mx track there now, the dirt is better and track maintance is ten fold better this past yr then yrs previous. Not sure when the last time you guys were there but 2005 there were alot of improvements and I've heard alot more are to come. The old owner let the place go and the new one has done alot in 1yr. I recomend it to anyone exp. now that there is a seperate mx track there. The new website address is
www.switchbackmx.com for any info there arent any pic's on the site yet but the track line and other info. is on there. I would check it out if you havent as it's transforming into a nice fun place.

Hondacrf15
01-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Switchback.....

Spoke to the owner there. Problem is he will not let quads practice in June, July, and August. He feels the quads dry the track out and make it dusty?????? I guess bikes don't?????

He did state if he ever got an auto watering system, he would rethink this.

Hard to support a track that is not overly supportive of quads. This same owner has other mx tracks that also, do not allow quads to practice. They will take your money on race day tho....

Just my 2 cents. I understand here in western pa, that the bikes pay the bills for the track owners.... no problems with this. My problem is being treated like we're 2nd class. Example. Quads are always asked to run the track in after it has been groomed. I have attempted to explain to the owners, we have 20-30k in these race quads. They don't want to hear it. Until a track starts making a safe mx, quad friendly, facillity, it is hard to expect to get a good turn out for parctice and racing. Guess we will just have to travel.

walker054
01-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe we should put a couple racks on our quads so that we can water the track while we ride, i have a couple small water tanks that we could strap on there. anyone remember how good Fox Raceway used to be before they changed it? now it is closed.

Hondacrf15
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Ya, Russ I agree with you. I remember certian track owner that got pretty p*ssed when we refused to run the track in every race weekend. Hey I don't mind doing my share...but every time?

If I wanted to have fun packing in the track, I'd left the race quad at home and just hauled the John Deeere out there!

shogun_98
01-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Fox Raceway was one of the best tracks, I wish Dana still ran it.

ATV
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Hondacrf15
Ya, Russ I agree with you. I remember certian track owner that got pretty p*ssed when we refused to run the track in every race weekend. Hey I don't mind doing my share...but every time?

If I wanted to have fun packing in the track, I'd left the race quad at home and just hauled the John Deeere out there!

What track owner are you talking about? I raced at Switchback alot this past yr and all but 1 or maybe 2 times I was out for first practice with all the other 250/450's (bikes). I would have to agree with the track owner on this one as in the hot summer months quads dry the track out alot faster and cause alot more dust and I ride both so I'm not being biased. I wouldnt be suprised if you see more and more places not running quads heck PlumCreek doesnt anymore either. I use to take both bike and quad to track and ride but now I just ride/practice on my bike as the quad as someone stated takes alot more maintance anyway. The ideal solution is to have a quad only seperate track.

BLURR250X
01-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I agree. Fox Raceway was way better when dana ran the show. It went downhill fast after he left. Has anyone herd if the track is still there or is it flattened out?Iron Valley better re-open to practice at least this year.

450rrider69
01-20-2006, 11:12 AM
does dirt world have a website. i was up at nemx yesterday there were a couple of quads. not much tho. its a real nice track. didnt get to practive but sat its open quad practice from 10-2 so i might go and ride.

shogun_98
01-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I think Fox is still there, its up for sale but they want alot for it, i think around 200k but im not sure what all comes with it.

Nick110
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 450rrider69
does dirt world have a website. i was up at nemx yesterday there were a couple of quads. not much tho. its a real nice track. didnt get to practive but sat its open quad practice from 10-2 so i might go and ride.

did u see a red 450r #51 and a yellow z400 #155.

thet was my bro and my friend. the Z went out in B practice

Hondacrf15
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 450rrider69

Yes... Dirt World web site.......www.Dirtworldmx.com

01-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Dave and Brendan call me when u guys go riding dont leave me out!

Brendan are u gonna come to NEMX the 28th?

Hondacrf15
01-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Anyone ever been to Scenic Highlands or Spring Valley mx tracks in Ohio? Let me know your impressions on them if you have. I believe both are Distric 12 tracks. Thanks.

bustedknuckle
01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
hay russ whats up hows everyone this is greg.you guys are right switchback has gotten to be a bike track.the owner doesnt like quads.we raced twice there this year.cant believe the owner cant set up a water system they have a lake and a creek.buy a pump and get some help.you know what most busness people say it takes money to make money.some just dont get it.take to many short cuts and people will go some where else.its a shame we live only twenty min. from switchback.but what do we know were quad riders.russ do you know anyone looking for a blaster were selling travises.and a bunch of parts.

K_Fulk
01-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Looks like tv land is a Bike only track this year.

01-27-2006, 12:42 PM
as breifly mentioned before...pymatuming holeshot raceway...they have recently built a quad only track, but i have not seen it o know what it is like... here is a link...
holeshot (http://www.pymatuningholeshotraceway.com/)

hondardr4life
01-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Yea, I am excited for this season. I need a few things for the 250r, then as soon as practices start we'll be out there. Hopefully my shocks and motor will be done in time.

shogun_98
03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Iron Valley is going to open first race is April 30th. www.ironvalleymx.com