PDA

View Full Version : good video editing software?

400exracer511
01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
anyone know of any free video editing software that i can download off the internet? I have "windows movie maker" that came on my computer but it sucks. If anyone knows of anything better please let me know.

Thanks

Bush0102
01-04-2006, 08:36 PM
there are like 200 threads about this. use the search feature at the top of the page.

01-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Vegas.

JLanphear
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Vegas.

Yup Sony Vegas is a good one....Pretty Easy to use and plenty of things you can do with it.

It's not "free" if you play by the rules, but I think you can download a demo on Sony's website. If you find other versions of it on the net then that is all up to you ;) .

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear
Yup Sony Vegas is a good one....Pretty Easy to use and plenty of things you can do with it.

It's not "free" if you play by the rules, but I think you can download a demo on Sony's website. If you find other versions of it on the net then that is all up to you ;) .

Ill have to try that trial version out for my next video :)

JLanphear
01-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ill have to try that trial version out for my next video :)

For sure....I have seen some very high quality work done with it....yet I was able to figure out how to use it all on my own....so good mix of power and ease of use.

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 10:46 AM
For sure....I have seen some very high quality work done with it....yet I was able to figure out how to use it all on my own....so good mix of power and ease of use.

OMG... That program is HARD to figure out :scary: Its ALOT dif than WMM was...LOL!

about the time I finish reading all the info on how to use it, the trial version will be gone by then!

JLanphear
01-05-2006, 11:13 AM
OMG... That program is HARD to figure out :scary: Its ALOT dif than WMM was...LOL!

about the time I finish reading all the info on how to use it, the trial version will be gone by then!

You know, one would think that learning one program would help you learn others, but that's not true. Once you learn one it's often times harder to adapt to something else.

Don't give up though....it will all come together.

8my_Cash
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
adobe preimer with adobe after affects great program to use i personally think it is better than vegas.

but i use both to edit

JLanphear
01-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 8my_Cash
adobe preimer with adobe after affects great program to use i personally think it is better than vegas.

but i use both to edit

It's surely better, but wouldn't you say it's a bit harder to use if you are a novice?

8my_Cash
01-05-2006, 12:11 PM
It's surely better, but wouldn't you say it's a bit harder to use if you are a novice?

most definitly...but alot of editing programs are hard to use, but if you have take the tiem to learn them they are not so bad to use.

The power of the internet will always help a novice person learn how to use complicated programs

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
most definitly...but alot of editing programs are hard to use, but if you have take the tiem to learn them they are not so bad to use.

The power of the internet will always help a novice person learn how to use complicated programs \

I am DEF. A novice !!!:o

WMM is a no brainer to use ,this is MUCH more complex,. I love a challenge but this one is giving me a headache! :huh :scary: :p

8my_Cash
01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
\

I am DEF. A novice !!!:o

WMM is a no brainer to use ,this is MUCH more complex,. I love a challenge but this one is giving me a headache! :huh :scary: :p

haha we have all been there just keep working at it and use google its a great program when you learn it.....sorta like photoshop haha

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 01:23 PM
haha we have all been there just keep working at it and use google its a great program when you learn it.....sorta like photoshop haha

I stil havent had the time to learn that program either :( But would like too. Just not enough time in a day .