PDA

View Full Version : putting different bars on 06

yamablaster24
01-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Well guys im gonna be racing MX on my 06 and i want to put these renthal Fat Bars on. Only thing is that the cover for bars contains everything :grr: overheat light, neutral light, key... I need to put it somewhere where it is easy to turn on and off. Also I need to install Pro Design Kill switch and wire in push button starter. What does everyone think and how hard is it to install?

Prey
01-04-2006, 07:16 PM
it will be fairly easy. i assume you are going to remove the light switch assembly, that contains the wires you need to install the start and the kill switch

ignition relocation is easy to..... 1" drill bit if you wanna put it in the plastics or you can screw clamp it under the hood.

yamablaster24
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
what do i do with neatral and over heat light. What do i do with headlights and brake light? I know how to wire into the start to install start button and wire into run switch but is there any easier way? Is the key on a nut thing or just pushes in?

Prey
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
the key snaps, its has no nut.

as far as lighting?? you can always go to a 3 way switch for the light from and auto store, when you said you were putting an after market start button on, i thought you were removing the light switch assembly. If you want to keep your lighting, why do you want to remove the light switch assembly?

i thought you said the clamp has a place for those?? if not, you could always drill the hood where it folds down, i chose to unplug and remove mine from the bike

Prey
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
i understand what you meant now about the lights and switch.......................

yamablaster24
01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
yeah i wanted to take them off but i think ill wait until like spring to do all that. Its fine for me right now.

Matt400ex_17
01-04-2006, 08:51 PM
should have got a kick start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave400ex
01-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Kickstart has nothing to do with relocating that stuff. Just drill 3 holes in the stock hood, there's a little flat part at the top, put them there.

KRMit
01-05-2006, 07:33 AM
You could get the Trail Tech X Bar Clamp. It includes a new plastic dashboard and you can run fat bars.