PDA

View Full Version : wich graphics on green plastic

hotrodbelair
01-04-2006, 05:16 PM
i found this graphic kit on hmfs website and im wondering if i should get it or not. i was also thinking instead of these grahpics i would go with a green and blue combo like blue arms and number plates with blue flame grahpics from kandkatv. but cant decide. this kit here u can either go full or just gas tank cover.

hotrodbelair
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
and heres a pic of my fourwheeler.

NacsMXer
01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry, but green and red are a big NO NO in terms of color combinations. Cool if you want your quad to look like the ninja turtles or a christmas tree...

With green you want to stay with neutral colors that complement it; nothing too flashy or out of the ordinary. Your quad would look very clean with any combination of green, black, or white. Sometimes you can get blue to look good with green too, but only in small amounts. The difference between the nicest looking quads and the not so nice looking ones is all in the DETAILS. Too much of one color, or a mismatch of colors will ruin it.

Stick with Green, Black, Blue, and White as your color options and you can't go wrong ;) :)

hotrodbelair
01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
yea i wasnt sure about the red either. no of any other grahpics that would look good on green plastics besides blue? i found this one but dont think it would look good on green plastics.

NacsMXer
01-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Those Ballance graphics you posted would look pretty good on there. I just noticed that your AC mudscreen is painted black, so I think if you switched your number plates to black ones, it would go together nicely. Change the shock covers and seat cover to black and change the top a-arms to black or candy green and it'll make a world of difference :devil: Don't get me wrong, you have a sick looking quad, just need a little color combo change.

I have a Kawasaki KLX 110 that is pretty much all stock and I think it has a very uncluttered look to it. Its colors are green plastics, white number plates, black seat, and black/white graphics. I am basically speaking from what colors look good with that green bike. Any hint of yellow or any other color would disrupt the flow so the only stickers I put on are two black and white Alpinestars stickers.

I can't think of any other specific graphics kits right now off the top of my head so if I come across some i'll let you know. Just look for monotonous colors like those black/gray ballance graphics kits. Those will complement your quad best :)

drifterx
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Agreed. Balance graphics, black number plates, and black shockwears, and it wouldn't clash as much. Looks kick @$$ now, but it would look better then.

hotrodbelair
01-06-2006, 10:34 AM
yea thats what im leaning more towards the ballance graphics but wish i could see them on a quad first. think just the gas tank cover would look good?

hotrodbelair
01-07-2006, 06:43 PM
its down to just these 2 graphic kits the ballance graphics or these kandk atv graphics. heres a pic of the kandk graphics on a 450 with green plastics cant see the blue flames to great but gives me an idea.

hotrodbelair
01-07-2006, 06:44 PM
and heres a better pic of the graphics

Fred55
01-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Who did you buy your 400ex from?

hotrodbelair
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
my brother bought it last winter i dont know the guy he lives 2 hours north from here i think it was bought it for 2900 and he came and droped it off. and then i bought it from my brother in the fall cause he fed up his back and cant ride anymore. why have u seen it before?

quadmaster88
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
orange also works... well it can if your green is dark enough...

but the blue does work.... that frame color on that black kandk bike would look nice also...

pastfast125
01-08-2006, 03:46 PM
put a side shot of your quad in photoshop section along with the graphics picture and somebody will put them on..I could do it for ya, but they don't want any more photoshops done outside of the photoshop thread.

hotrodbelair
01-08-2006, 03:55 PM
i think im gonna go with the kandk graphics and paint the upper aarms blue. and get some black number plates and a friend of mine gots some blue shock covers i could probaly trade for mine. and if i ever feel like like tearing it down the bare frame might send it in to get it powder coated black. i think that would look better than it does now. cause the more i look at it the more im not liking the whole red and green. but i might hold off on this till i get closer to getting this paid off. so i still got more time to think about it.