PDA

View Full Version : flip fronts????

flaneledholes
07-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Hey has anyone on here flipped the front rims and tires??? If so what kind of valve stem did you use so it wouldnt rub against the calipe??? be specific.... Like where can I buy them, how much, and what type????

07-05-2002, 11:43 AM
on stock wheels there are stiffners that hold wheel against hub. if you flip the rims, these stiffners are on the inside. 2 weeks ago we were up riding and my buddy's front wheel flew off going about 40mph and he flipped end over end. all 4 lugs were still on the hub along with the stiffners. the stock rims are too soft to do this.

to flip aftermarket rims you need to plug stock stems and drill new holes on opposite side.

Rastus
07-06-2002, 09:34 AM
I have. I just took the stock valve stem, took it out, and flipped it around, and put it back in. On the other side, got a new stem, drilled the hole, put the new stem in. For the rim falling off thing,i put washers on there. ive never had any problems with anything in the setup and would recommend it.

Striker49
07-06-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by '92 : 250X er
I have. I just took the stock valve stem, took it out, and flipped it around, and put it back in. On the other side, got a new stem, drilled the hole, put the new stem in.

Thats what my buddy did on his 400. He races MX and hasnt had any problems yet. Im not positive if he used washers or what-not, I didnt ask. :cool:

Rastus
07-07-2002, 10:16 AM
I had to insure my 50 cent investment to the stems, etc. :) I jsut put those on there just to be sure the lugs wouldnt go through the rim.

voges
07-07-2002, 12:15 PM
i did this
and did not use washers
the contersunk inserts came out of the rim so
i just put them in on the other side :huh
my left side inserts have not come out yet
i might try the washer thing
but i dont know if i can get the wheel centered on th elugs like that

krazykurtk
07-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I race MX pretty heavy and have my fronts flipped also. Just drilled new valve stem holes like '92 : 250X er talked about. I also put the countersunk inserts back in backwards like voges and threw em back on. I've used them like this for at least a year. Haven't broke anything...just get more bump steer though. Being the low budget racer, I'll take the bump steer rather than paying the outrageous prices companies are getting for extended a-arms.

kc 300EX
07-07-2002, 05:22 PM
I flipped my front rims, I wasnt ready to drill holes in my rims, SOOO I first took off the valve stem cap, then I put one regular washer, and one lock washer on each stud, that gave me just enough clearance for the caliper, took me a day to get used to the bump steer, I thought I hated it, after a day, I relized I loved it and it handled a lot better, Id reccomend it, atleast give it a try

yellow_ho_01
07-08-2002, 07:36 AM
i dont know where but the kid i got my ex from had some "racing" valve stem on it... there are cool... if you look at my rim you think... alrights, wheres the valve stem.. It has a screw that you take out,. then screw in the "adapter" and air up. . when your done airing up,.. take the adapter out... put the screw back in,.. and now your" valve is almost flat with the rim... ill get some pics sometime..

kc 300EX
07-08-2002, 02:30 PM
those are flush mount valve stems, Just go to a search ( www.yahoo.com ) type in Flush mount valve stems, youll find a place to buy them