PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Ok, my brother is in jail, and they are charging $3 for a phone call. Wouldn't this be like reselling the phone companys product for more than what they pay? Wouldn't it be like me buying a bunch of KFX's and calling them fxc's or something and then selling them for double what I paid for them, + i wouldnt have kawasakis permission. I'm just curious

JUSTINcredible
01-04-2006, 03:52 PM
when i was in there i just had to call collect

Scro
01-04-2006, 04:01 PM
They know that the only way for a person in jail to make contact with the "outside" world is through the phone (please don't take this literrally, I know you can have visits:p ). The officials are jsut taking advantage of it.

Oh and about the KFX's, that would only work if you bought all the new KFX's in the world. If someone realized that they were the same thing, then they would just buy a KFX for the lower price, instead of your "imitation". This goes back to the sort of monopoly principle I described in the first paragraph.

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
Oh and about the KFX's, that would only work if you bought all the new KFX's in the world. If someone realized that they were the same thing, then they would just buy a KFX for the lower price, instead of your "imitation".

I wanted you to take that as an example, not practically. I mean if i only bought a few 100 of the KFX's and not all of them, and i was selling them for 10 grand apiece w/ a different name. How do you think Kawasaki would feel about that? All the customers coming to me instead of them

SGA
01-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Hotels have been charging high rates for phone calls forever. There is no law against that.

You cannot buy Kawasakis quads, put your name on them without permission from Kawasaki and then resell them because Kawasaki has copyrights on thier design.

Companys like Sears buy thousands of products by different manufactuers and sell them with the Kenmore name.

You can bet Kawasaki would say yes to you if you went to them and said " I would like to buy 10,000 Quads, put my name on them and resell them.

01-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Hotels have been charging high rates for phone calls forever. There is no law against that.

You cannot buy Kawasakis quads, put your name on them without permission from Kawasaki and then resell them because Kawasaki has copyrights on thier design.

Companys like Sears buy thousands of products by different manufactuers and sell them with the Kenmore name.

hahahahaha its not a hotel is J-A-I-L dude wow read the post right thats a huge mistake on ur part...not to bust on u or anything

SGA
01-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by quad&dirtbike
hahahahaha its not a hotel is J-A-I-L dude wow read the post right thats a huge mistake on ur part...not to bust on u or anything
It was a example! I know his bro is in jail.
I guess jail could be kind of a "Hotel"

Check in, but dont check out:D

fast_enough, whats he in for?

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by SGA
It was a example! I know his bro is in jail.
I guess jail could be kind of a "Hotel"

Check in, but dont check out:D

fast_enough, whats he in for?

I hope he gets out soon, I talked to him on the phone and he sounded like crap, and he pretty well gave me his dirtbike. That made me feel bad, cuz he had just got it

fasterblaster09
01-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeh,my bro been in jail for 2 years now,gets out in september of this year. He only pays 50 cents for a call (well he use to,now they're free because hes been a trustee for about 1 year. But $3 is alot for just 1 call.

kicken250x
01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by quad&dirtbike

hahahahahahaha no its a huge mistake on youre part. he was saying that hotels do the exact same thing and theres no law aginst it. they have funny area codes that they support that are different from others in the area. its like theyre their own city or something

01-05-2006, 06:07 AM
he is in jail..he broke the law...he does not deserve the same liberties as those who do NOT break the law

accept the consequences

Loser450
01-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
he is in jail..he broke the law...he does not deserve the same liberties as those who do NOT break the law

accept the consequences

I like you.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM

accept the consequences

he's still a person and an american. wtf is your problem?

JDiablo
01-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Anyway,what we all want to know is what he is in jail for?!

Loser450
01-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

do the crime, do the time... when he gets out he can make phone calls just like we do.

SGA
01-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by JDiablo
Anyway,what we all want to know is what he is in jail for?!

Hes not going to tell us because everyone will be saying how stupid his brother is and hes a idiot and so on.

Scro
01-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by fast_enough
I wanted you to take that as an example, not practically. I mean if i only bought a few 100 of the KFX's and not all of them, and i was selling them for 10 grand apiece w/ a different name. How do you think Kawasaki would feel about that? All the customers coming to me instead of them

Well, first of all, they would laugh because they know that you are not going to sell any. Then they would take legal actions. It doesn't matter if you bought just one of them and changed the name. Nobody in their right mind would buy a KFX look-alike for 10 grand.

stiffy
01-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

America has laws if you break them you get punished. They are lucky they even get to make a call.

BadAss03
01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Exactly.

They are lucky they get to leave their cell at all.

Jail is getting too soft

I blame the liberal media

01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
my wife is involved in the legal sytem(paralegal/legal secretary). she informs me of how the prisoners are treated...sometimes i think it would be better to be locked up...

the simple fact is is that he did something that he needed punished for...he is being punished...prisoners have too many rights, and are treated too nicely during their incarceration. there is work release, tv, etc. if they took away most of the what prisoners feel are rights, then they might not be so quick to be repeat defenders. I do not know what your brother did to put himself in jail, but he is there. HE should be thankful he gets to make a phonecall. to me, that is one thing they should not be allowed, along with tv, "yard time" or whatever they want to call it, work release, and i could go on and list a lot more.

fasterblaster09
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I know my bro has been in jail for 2 years,and hasn't been in a cell in 1 year. He works at the sheriffs dept.,he walks around,goes accross the street to the donut shop for the officers,for himself too. Cooks for everyone,we can go see him anytime,bring him food anytime. They also have some thats been in there for 20 years and haven't seen the outside of a cell since they've been in there. It all depends how you behave in jail..

and please dont have dumb@$$ remarks about he should be locked up and all that crap...

fast_enough
01-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Whats it matter what he done? Maybe he was charged w/ manslaughter for beating a guy that was raping a girl, yes he shouldnt have no rights for that. But whats it to some of you? I ask a simple question and you throw it in my face, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Why do you ppl bring stuff in these threads that are just...irritating, I know where not to get help from next time, thanks for your replies

exboy
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Loser450
I like you.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-05-2006, 07:37 PM
If i saw a guy raping a women , i would absolutley beat the **** outta them. Call me oldfashioned or w.e but i beleive that women are like glass and should never be hitt or touched in a harmfull way and I absoltely FLIP if I see a man hitt a women.

exboy
01-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
If i saw a guy raping a women , i would absolutley beat the **** outta them. Call me oldfashioned or w.e but i beleive that women are like glass and should never be hitt or touched in a harmfull way and I absoltely FLIP if I see a man hitt a women.

i agree totally dude. any guy that hits a girl should have a special place in hell.

ATV Father
01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
What about the women that beat the men. Yeah, there around. Believe it.

Nobody has the right to ABUSE another.

stiffy
01-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Didn't think you where asking for help just saying how much the calls where.

fast_enough
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by stiffy
Didn't think you where asking for help just saying how much the calls where.

Sorry I thought when you asked someone a question that meant you needed there help. But w/e man, I dont want your help

exboy
01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Ok, my brother is in jail, and they are charging $3 for a phone call. Wouldn't this be like reselling the phone companys product for more than what they pay? Wouldn't it be like me buying a bunch of KFX's and calling them fxc's or something and then selling them for double what I paid for them, + i wouldnt have kawasakis permission. I'm just curious

read carefully stiffy...see the question marks and at the end where he says just curious...those things indicate that hes askin a question.

Aceman
01-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry I thought when you asked someone a question that meant you needed there help. But w/e man, I dont want your help

Chill fellas, Stiffy probably just missed the question mark when she read it, yes Stiffy is a chick. But to answer your original question fast_enough, SGA put it best. It's like a hotel that charges whatever they want to for a phone call because they know sooner or later your going to make one. I doubt you can do anything more than just whine about because it's probably 100% legal. Yep, they pretty much have you by the balls.

hon400ex
01-06-2006, 03:06 AM
i dont believe prisoners should have their rights violated, but he is in jail; if he hadn't broke the law he could make his phone calls for .35 cents like the rest of us. i am very, very liberal on most things but i think it sucks when someone breaks the law and then complains that the jails don't treat them fairly. if they don't like jail; don't commit the crime.

fast_enough
01-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by hon400ex
i dont believe prisoners should have their rights violated, but he is in jail; if he hadn't broke the law he could make his phone calls for .35 cents like the rest of us. i am very, very liberal on most things but i think it sucks when someone breaks the law and then complains that the jails don't treat them fairly. if they don't like jail; don't commit the crime.

Did I say that he was complaining?

exboy
01-06-2006, 05:48 AM
ok does he ask anywhere in the thread anything about ur views on his brothers rights or does he ask if the jail is charging for phone calls illegally?

01-06-2006, 06:05 AM
just by asking a question like this is, in itself, a complaint.

exboy
01-06-2006, 06:29 AM
it is a complaint but his bro is not the one complaining and hes not the one havin to pay the $3 for the phone call morgans family is so basically what ur sayin is they have to suffer and lose rights also because maybe his bro made a mistake?

01-06-2006, 06:42 AM
now you are starting to get it...not only does the criminal suffer, but so does the criminal's family...that would be a reason to remain un-incarcerated.

your buddy is lucky he even gets to talk to his brother at all...criminals should be allowed one monthly visit or phone call. they are being punished

exboy
01-06-2006, 07:02 AM
allright but now were both off subject.

fast_enough
01-06-2006, 03:11 PM
now you are starting to get it...not only does the criminal suffer, but so does the criminal's family...that would be a reason to remain un-incarcerated.

your buddy is lucky he even gets to talk to his brother at all...criminals should be allowed one monthly visit or phone call. they are being punished

He didnt mean to be "incarcerated", so thats your honest opinion every person in the world thet is in jail or prison should have no rights?

hon400ex
01-06-2006, 04:09 PM
of course he didn't mean to be incarcerated, no one commits a crime and expects to get caught. that is why jail is a"deterrent".
it is not alot of fun and it is hard on you and your family'

stiffy
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
May I ask why he is incarcerated? I'm not here to judge, people make mistakes not everyone wants to be in jail but if you commit a crime you will be punished. I've had someone in my family go to jail and it was way harder on all of us than it was on him.

stiffy
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by exboy
ok does he ask anywhere in the thread anything about ur views on his brothers rights or does he ask if the jail is charging for phone calls illegally?

He clearly asked if the jail is charging for phone calls illegally and that has been answered plus 2 cents.

coolex
01-06-2006, 06:03 PM
i think some people in this thread are d**k heads because not everyone in jail did something there are people that are getting wrongfully accused for things they didnt do actually alot are and the person that did the crime is just left alone after that also the punishment doesnt always fit the crime you can get in alot more trouble for selling cocaine than for rapping some one or you can get in a lot more trouble for killing an animal like a dog than raping a person

exboy
01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by stiffy
He clearly asked if the jail is charging for phone calls illegally and that has been answered plus 2 cents.

right and my point was stiffy that he didnt ask for the added 2 cents

SGA
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by exboy
right and my point was stiffy that he didnt ask for the added 2 cents
Yeah but hes going to get them anyway. You know how people are. We all like our opinion to be heard.

fast_enough
01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i think some people in this thread are d**k heads because not everyone in jail did something there are people that are getting wrongfully accused for things they didnt do actually alot are and the person that did the crime is just left alone after that also the punishment doesnt always fit the crime you can get in alot more trouble for selling cocaine than for rapping some one or you can get in a lot more trouble for killing an animal like a dog than raping a person

thanks, he didnt rob a store or anything he was being stupid and night before new years he was drunk and went to get gas and was clocked going wayyy too fast and they chased him, and he spun one of the cars around, then took off and got very far away from them, and was just fine but then he ran outta gas, and tried coasting behind some chicken houses while he was still going moving pretty quick and then got stuck in the mud, and hit a few hay bales, and a sign. then the idiot proceeded to take off and hide on foot then passed out then they found him, and he said some not so good words to them, there were some other charges but i dont wanna say them. All and all the sheet of charges is over 20 so far and they're still adding up. Plus there are a few felonies on there. I talked him into joining the army, he agreed and he has to serve 4 years in the army. And all the charges will be dropped, along w/ the felonies.

Go ahead judge away like you ppl do.

fasterblaster09
01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
thanks, he didnt rob a store or anything he was being stupid and night before new years he was drunk and went to get gas and was clocked going wayyy too fast and they chased him, and he spun one of the cars around, then took off and got very far away from them, and was just fine but then he ran outta gas, and tried coasting behind some chicken houses while he was still going moving pretty quick and then got stuck in the mud, and hit a few hay bales, and a sign. then the idiot proceeded to take off and hide on foot then passed out then they found him, and he said some not so good words to them, there were some other charges but i dont wanna say them. All and all the sheet of charges is over 20 so far and they're still adding up. Plus there are a few felonies on there. I talked him into joining the army, he agreed and he has to serve 4 years in the army. And all the charges will be dropped, along w/ the felonies.

Go ahead judge away like you ppl do.

What a coincidence..that's one of the things my brother is in jail for. He ran then tripped over a stump in the woods and broke his leg,then crawled into this tree stump that we would use to play paintball,and passed out then next day a kid found him passed out...Thats about 1/4 of the things my brother did..idiot.