PDA

View Full Version : West virginia miners....

nowukno
01-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Im sure you guys heard the news by now. 13 miners were trapped for 40+ hours and last night the families were told that 12 out of 13 were alive. Then 3 hours later they were told only one was alive! Owner of the mine called it a "miscommunication". What bull crap! I can't imagine the way the families feel.

Atkins
01-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Yea, someone should get f*cked for that. I was watching it last night and the families were all so happy because they thought they were going to see the miners within an hour.

Pappy
01-04-2006, 12:31 PM
The headlines all our papers state "12 miners found alive":ermm:

R.I.P.

Flip_SideEX
01-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I was watching the news last night and they were talking about the location where the miners could be. And the scrolling thing at the bottom said, 1 body found but still 12 missing. I didnt find out that it was actually the other way around til someone this morning at school argued with me for about 10 minutes. Its very sad and disgraceful for the families to have their hopes that high, and then wham, maybe I wont see the person ever again...I wonder whats going to happen now?

JRP
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
ya this morning when i got up at 6 i saw that they said that all the miners were alive, and i saw that all the familes were all happy.. then they said that the communication was wrong and they were actaully all dead.:( pisses me off that, that happen.

R.I.P.:(

Honda TRX250ex
01-04-2006, 01:37 PM
i sure feel bad for their familys...:(
RIP

MR.BIG
01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I think one lived! It's terrible to get your hopes up and then find out there gone. RIP!

ZeroLogic
01-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Our headlines also say 12 miners rescued.:ermm:
R.I.P

big bad beny
01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I feel so bad for the familys. It such a bad deal. I hate when i here of stuff like this happing. this has been on my mine for the last couple of days. Lets just keep them is are pryers

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
YOu know someone should be in some real deep (place your word here). But the way crap is now, no one will be held accountable, could you imagine the poor families. They even said they dont know who's responsible, they're just covering for someone

400exc
01-04-2006, 06:38 PM
R.I.P, but hey look at the bright side, one family is lucky! I heard it was pretty bad too! Hope the families can make it through this tragic event.

How is the one that survived? I heard he was in critical condition?!

watts16
01-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
R.I.P, but hey look at the bright side, one family is lucky! I heard it was pretty bad too! Hope the families can make it through this tragic event.

How is the one that survived? I heard he was in critical condition?!
ya CNN says he is in critical condition. Even the websites had that they were alive. Bad thing about newspapers they have to turn their articles in around 11 the night before. The sites can change. We talked about this in Current Events in school today. I cant imagine the families pain that were told their family members were alive.. then 3 hours later they are told they passed away.:ermm:
R.I.P.

user101
01-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have ever dealt with something like this or not before, but as a fireman I've worked wrecks and housefires where someone has been injured and by the time it goes through 5 people it's 3 people and there pets were killed(get what I'm saying). That's all this whole mining incident was, by the time whatever was said had gone through 5-6 people it had been changed to 12 miners we're alive.

hondardr4life
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I fell really bad for their family's. I will keep them in my prayers. R.I.P.

01-04-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah same with ours...

"12 miners still living"

OMG THIS IS REALLY STUPID!!! I HATE THE NEWS!!

"miscommunication"??? i dont think so

if i was the families i would sue

01-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by quad&dirtbike
yeah same with ours...

"12 miners still living"

OMG THIS IS REALLY STUPID!!! I HATE THE NEWS!!

"miscommunication"??? i dont think so

if i was the families i would sue

lol i dont sueing is the right thing they should do sorry bout saying that

they should mourn

knighttime
01-04-2006, 08:12 PM
the mining co. had lots of safety violations. they also really screwed up with how the miscommunication happened. im not sure that company deserves to be in business.:ermm:

01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by quad&dirtbike
lol i dont sueing is the right thing they should do sorry bout saying that

they should mourn Why did you quote yourself and respond to your own post with a different opinion?

JOEX
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Why did you quote yourself and respond to your own post with a different opinion?
quad&dirtbike admitted a mistake and corrected it.

01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
quad&dirtbike admitted a mistake and corrected it. lol I was wondering why he didn't just edit it.

BSTURDIVANT
01-04-2006, 10:25 PM
These miners all lived whithin 25 miles from my home. Alot of the people i know work in the mines.This situation is horrible and i am praying for the miner who is in critical condition. Maybe his story can answer some much needed questions and give the other miners families some sort of closure.

R.I.P.

SGA
01-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
I fell really bad for their family's. I will keep them in my prayers. R.I.P.

I agree, I feel terrible for them. I felt really bad last night for the one unlucky family that had thier loved one die while 12 lived, then to find out 12 dead and one alive?

Oh I saw on Larry King tonite the one who lived has suffered from a terrible lack of oxygen, His heart, kidneys, brain and liver have been affected and the doctors just dont know right now if and how he will come out of it.