PDA

View Full Version : undecided

thunderisland
01-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Hello everyone can't decide which quad to go with this season for the GNCC.My youngest son is going to try to tame the woods but were trying to decide which quad is best.Not sure whether we are going to get in the limited class or production.My oldest son had the Dinli great quad but not the best for xc type of mud.Looking at the Honda,Kasea,DRX,Pro Shark.How about it guys what do you think?He would probably be more suited for the limited class as he is not very aggressive.Looking forward to hearing from all and seeing everyone at the track.My oldest son was really looking forward to that 13-15yr old class they were considering but looks like that's not going to happen but we are still getting a 300ex.see ya P.S .Have the opportunity to race at the RCA Dome later this month so we need to decide quickly unless we borrow a quad for the event,if your interested in showing off your quad let me know as thousands we'll see it run,a Cobra would be nice just kidding we'll find something if we don't buy by then

400ex4ever
01-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Pappy on here's son, Cody, I believe does that same type of racing and he rides a TRX 90. I would wait for him and get his honest opinion.

Pappy
01-04-2006, 08:53 PM
if he can shift and you dont feel like making tons of mods, the TRX90 gets my vote.

the Kasea will be a close 2nd, easy to ride, decent power for limited class etc but liek all 2 stroke mini's they can be finiky about the mud.

glad to see the boy wanting in it, and tell your oldest son we all said "Hey":D

Arctic Cat Dad
01-05-2006, 05:44 AM
We had to make the same choice. We got the 06 Honda. Michael loves it. He took to the shifting like a fish to water.We did some testing in water and in the rain and snow and it never missed a beat. This will make a wicked XC racer!

smokinwrench
01-05-2006, 05:48 AM
We are 100% happy with our 06 trx90. It is unreal how much faster it is over the LT80. I'm not sure it has anymore power but it is so much smoother that he is able to ride it so much faster. Mom doesn't like the extra speed:confused:

charles welch
01-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Hey Rich i have a Dinli You can buy or borrow for the Dome this month...
Hey artic cat dad...Are you going to Florida Mar. 4??? We plan to but its a long haul.
CW

Ty1on
01-05-2006, 06:13 AM
I would like to find out more info on the RCA Dome race this month. My son started racing last year and plans on running the GNCC 90 Production class this year on his Predator 90. Any info on the dome race would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

charles welch
01-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Where are you From ???
We already have 10 riders with 2 on the sub list for the dome...sorry...I am from Franklin, In and will race the gncc series and the extreme dirt series ythis season.

Ty1on
01-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Bloomington, IN Can you e-mail me your phone # at merrimat@bsci.com. I have some questions.

thunderisland
01-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the comments guys keep them coming.Chuck thanks if we don't find one we might take ya up on your offer.As far as the honda 90 I know they are extremely competitive in the Gncc class just not sure he wants to shift.DeLeon,FL is a haul just got back from Punta Gorda,Fl and that drive is a killer and the first race for quads is on a Sunday I think might skip that one.Artic Cat Dad glad Michael is enjoying his new ride he do great in that class hopefully we'll find what were looking for soon.Pappy thanks I'll tell Cain maybe we can hook up on a hare scramble somewhere else this year that they have a schoolboy class Cain is getting a 300ex this weeked

Arctic Cat Dad
01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Were not going to FL. To far and to close to GA. We plan on starting the #2 race and doing all of the rest. Don't know what class and on what quad. He'll decide shortly before race season. He loves the Honda and is wicked fast on it in stock form. He LOVES his Honda way more then his AC 70.

161xchonda
01-05-2006, 06:07 PM
nothing like a honda. they run forever. all around great quads.:p

charles welch
01-06-2006, 05:21 AM
We plan to make at least 7 races, hopefully 8 and Fla is one that fits the schedule...Charlie loves to shift and i kick myself in the butt for selling his Honda 90 last year...Last week he rode the crap out of his cousins Honda.