PDA

View Full Version : Houser vs. Walsh/JB...HELP!

TREDZ71
01-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, I'm new to owning a 450R. I raced a fully modded Z400 for the past (2) years....LSR, Axis, & TCS (all standard travel).

I picked up a trail-ridden, bone stock, '04 450R for a killer price from my sponsor. Sold the Z400 and now have the money to fully mod my new (used) 450R. The problem is that I need to make a decision on what mods to do so I can order everything now to show up in time for late march racing.

I've spent the last 2 weeks searching this site for some "usable" info, but, once i think i have the answer...some say something different.

I am a B-class, mx rider.

Here's the scoop:

From my sponsor I get: Houser LT arms and LT swinger and linkage for about $1350. PEP shocks will come for around $2000. Total of $3350.

I also have the ability to get JB LT arms, LT Walsh Savior swinger and linkage, and PEP shocks for around $3950.

The question is....considering that I am a B-class, MX rider, is it worth the extra $600 to go with the JB/Walsh setup?

I'm having a killer of a time deciding and any help would be much appreciated.....

Thanks in advance.:D

bad01300ex
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I would say you couldnt go wrong either way

with that in mind, why not save the extra 600 for something else?

im sure you could find other areas of the quad to put it to use

XChondaracer450
01-03-2006, 10:36 PM
i would def. go with the houser stuff i have it on my r and it is awesome...the pep stuff i dunno about the best shocks with the houser a arms and swingarn is axis shocks ...

thugpassion4lif
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM
personaly, i say save the $600 for something else since i know racing is expensive and you can find another use for it... just make sure your suspension is dialed in correctly of course

TREDZ71
01-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Hey peep's....thanks for the feedback.

xchondaracer - help me understand why you commented that axis may be better with the houser setup...i've seen comments like that made before...but why? won't PEP set my shocks up for me for my style, arms, swinger, etc????

if that's the case, then why would one set of arms/swinger be better than another?

Jersey450R
01-04-2006, 11:54 AM
i dont think i could turn down the axis/savior, just too nice of a ride.

slosh13
01-04-2006, 12:56 PM
You have chosen some very good products. I have rode on Houser and JB and the quality is great. I have also ran Walsh ( and currently still am) and just like JB and Houser, their quality is unmatched. As far as shocks, I have rode TCS, Elka, Axis, and PEP. And IMO my Axis worked awesome. I loved them. Then for 06' I just decided to go to PEP for sponsorship reasons. If I were you, I would call Jody @ JB Racing and talk to him and explain to him your situation. One of my friends just got his new stlye swingarm and new Baldwin linkage with a new shock just introduced from PEP ( single rate dual adjust i believe). This setup would save you some cash in the long run. Dont get me wrong Walsh stuff is great and so is Houser, but for the price I would consider JB and PEP. Now with that said, that is just my OPINION. You won't be disappointed with either JB, Houser, or Walsh. It is a definate advance from bone stock :D

slosh13
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I forgot to include that no matter what shock company you decide to go with, having them be dialed in and setup for you will make the difference. All top 3 companys (PEP, Axis, and Elka) setup correctly will be close to compare IMO.

Ridin' Jesse
01-04-2006, 05:15 PM
The walsh rear end is AMAZING. No others compare. Just my 2cents tho.

FHKracingZ
01-04-2006, 07:58 PM
People ... please dont make comment on shocks if you havnt rode shocks setup for EXACTLY for you... If you go from riding a 450R with axis shocks to hopping on ure buddys 450R with PEP's you SHOULD say its not as good as your axis due to the fact there not valved for you... Few People have gone from PEP shocks valved for them to Axis shocks valved for them or vise versa. Most people dont have the money. Axis and PEP are the best shocks, PEP have better progression throughout the shock stroke but Axis is damn good. Axis will run u a little more exspensive for LT with compression. Nick , houser , walsh , jb w/e u go with u wont be disapointed. Ask seth about the Lonestar Outlaw swingarm, with swingarm/linkage that is $1100 and its damn good.