PDA

View Full Version : 300 EX Help

bustedknuckle
01-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Help Me Settle An Argument,Whats Everyones Thoughts.Were Building A 300EX for GNCC Races Im Wondering What Pipe To Put On . Im Leaning Towards A Hetrick Pipe, A Friend Of Mine Clames A Full Yosh Pipe Is Better.Just Looking For Any In Put.Not Trying To Start a Fight.Thanks For Any Input. Almost Forgot Were Staying With Stock Motor.With No Mods.thanks.:D :D

chapmanmd
01-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Youre going to get as many answers as there are owners of 300ex's on this forum and this question has been asked ad nauseum. Top pipes are Yoshi (thats what I run for XC), White Brothers, Sparks, HMF, Hetrick.... NOT DG, Cobra, etc...

Dial in your suspension and wheels with GOOD shocks, a arms, beadlocks, etc . Then when you need more power, go for it.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

bwamos
01-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Make a list of pipes that meet the dB requirements of GNCC.

Form there find the power curves for those pipes. Find the power curve that best fits your riding style.

I like hihg rev pipes, I tend to keep it in the 7k-9k rpm range. Others like a low to mid pipe and like to pull at 4k-5k rpms. Peak HP doesn't mean crap, look at the curves for both the HP and Torque.

Every rider is different, so different people need different pipes to be effective.

bradley300
01-04-2006, 08:58 AM
there are plenty of good pipes to choose from. white brothers, curtis sparks, supertrap,HMF, yoshi, are all good pipes. the biggest issue, make sure you get a full system

big bad beny
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Bradley300 is right what ever you get make sure it is a full system. I run a HMF slip-on with a White Brothers Heder and i have no comlants about it

TarheelRedRider
01-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Have to say Im really happy with my HMF slipon with a my own custom header. Sounds great and adds a real nice snap to the throttle responce.