PDA

View Full Version : 400ex brakes???

ImWhite
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
ok some1 please help,i couldnt get the answers i need from the other post i made...
so my rear brake lever is really stiff...when i press hard they work,but my lever is sticking down when i press....what can it b??
my shop put new pads on acouple of weeks ago and i havent had problems until like 3 days ago,i cant figure it out...
any help is great!thanks

Jonesy
01-03-2006, 05:47 PM
is it bent? the bushing in the frame could also be stiff, master cylinder sticking, mud around the pedal? could be many things, need more info.

ImWhite
01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
ok ill try to explain best i can,its clean,so no mud or nothing...once i press the pedal down it just sticks there...like when u push it down it presses the bar into the cylinder?sorry i suck at brakes lol....but anyways,its like it needs greased up or somethin,i know this probably wont help much but throw anything out at me and it will help!thanks

JOEX
01-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Remove the lever, clean it out real well then grease it and put it back together. It may be very difficult to remove, remove everything attached to it, spray some penetrating oil into it and work it up and down while appling outward pressure on the shaft.

I had the same thing happen, fried a brand new set of pads in about ten minutes:mad:

ImWhite
01-03-2006, 08:06 PM
haha,well when mine gets stuck down the brakes only work until i release the lever then the lever just sticks down but the brakes wont work...it weird,anyways ill try that,whats the easiest way to get the lever off?and will fluid come out from anywhere when i take it apart?thanks

JOEX
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ImWhite
haha,well when mine gets stuck down the brakes only work until i release the lever then the lever just sticks down but the brakes wont work...it weird,anyways ill try that,whats the easiest way to get the lever off?and will fluid come out from anywhere when i take it apart?thanks
That didn't make alot of sense to me but anyway.......:p

It could also be the slider pins that hold the pads on the calipers but they should have been cleaned and inspected when the pads were replaced.

Just remove everything attached to the pedal and work it free. No fluid will be lost.

ImWhite
01-04-2006, 07:25 AM
haha,sorry about that not makin sense,lol but i said it was hard to explain but anyways thanks for the help,ill c what i can do instead of takin it to my shop and wastin more money... ;)