PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Badlands in Attica, IN?

Chris S.
01-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Evertime I read something that somebody posted about the badlands, they call it a sand pit. Just for those of you haven't been there, it is not sand it is pea gravel. Some recommend riding with sand paddles. Yeah it will help but you will trash them. The badlands is fun and I will probably go again but if your going you will want to have good tires and skid plates. Yeah I know there are also some wooded trail areas also but they are all rutted up from trucks and jeeps and if it rained recently look out. I live two hours from attica and three hours from silver lake and the longer drive is worth it. Badlands definately would benefit also from a little property maintenance. This is just my opinion, I would like to hear from others.

SidewaysSam
01-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Ive been going to the Badlands for about 7 years now and have seen the hills and cliffs deteriorate a lot. I'd say if you are going to go sooner is better than later. The trails have been under water the majority of the times i have been there. $15 is a lot for a day pass, but going somewhere different is nice for a change.

tzilch
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
I typically go riding at the badlands about once a month. Chris is right...it's mostly pea gravel...there is a sand pit behind the place where you check in, but the rest is pea gravel. The wooded trails can be pretty tricky espcially after a day or two of rain. There are quite a few ruts, but you can usually got around the real deep stuff pretty easily, but if you get to know the trails you know where to go and where to stay away. I personaly like tight, winding, wooded trails like the ones at the badlands, but I can understand why some dont like it. The comment I get from most people after riding there for the first time is that it's a fun place to ride, but is pretty damn tiring. And if has rained recently make sure someone has a tow rope cuz there's a good chance you're gonna get stuck. Just my $.02

Night-rider
01-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Bin to the cliffs and Ki,,,and foxvalley..And rockport...but never bin to the badlands,,,One day i will have to go to see what it is like,

wcbomb
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
not my first choice to go,only live 1 hour south of the badlands, would rather drive 2 hours to haspin or 5 to silver lake. skat trac desert trac tires would be a good choice for the different terrains at the badlands though. do love the steep hillclimbs though. need BRASS B**LS on some. seen alot of tore up machines though. it is worth going but go after it rains so you don"t choke on the dust.