PDA

View Full Version : Goin back to Hatfield McCoy in the fall

07-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Well guys and gals since we had so much fun at the Hatfield McCoy trails this past weekend,,we don't think we can make it another year before goin back..***Oh and for those of you that didn't make it, were gonna plan on goin there every year the last weekend of June*** But some of us can't wait that long so were lookin at doin another get to gether ride in October. So lets start throwin out dates for the next ride I'm open all month so I'll let you guys start it..:D :D

froggieboi
07-03-2002, 11:44 AM
How about we head out there the first week of Oct and come home just in time for Halloween. :D

Really though anytime is good for me. The sooner we set a date the sooner I can't mark those days off the calendar.:macho

07-03-2002, 11:50 AM
but SPORTS IN THE ROUGH had an event in Oct. last year. So I would say what ever weekend that is not going on. To me they were a rip-off, paying $60.00 for 3 days of trail riding. But I'm free the weekend of the 12 & 26 to go. Ill see if I can find out anything on the event going on this year, cuz the trails are to crowded to go on a weekend of a riding event.

07-03-2002, 12:12 PM
I'd prefer to also NOT go on a weekend when they have something goin on. We had the entire place to ourselves this past weekend,,It's great to ride for 2 or 3 hours and not see 1 other quad or dirtbike..find out that time for us brokeitin2 and let us know ASAP..

HOW ABOUT OCTOBER 25th - 27th

MOFO
07-03-2002, 12:12 PM
I know I cant wait till next year...so I will be at this fall ride without a doubt. One bad weekend for me though.... the weekend of Oct 12-13th. I'll be at a nascar race in NC with 2-3 other people that will go to this fall ride...so any other date is cool beans with me... :D

Eric

MOFO
07-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I'd prefer to also NOT go on a weekend when they have something goin on. We had the entire place to ourselves this past weekend,,It's great to ride for 2 or 3 hours and not see 1 other quad or dirtbike..find out that time for us brokeitin2 and let us know ASAP..

I agree 110%!!! The pace that we kept on Rockhouse....if someone was coming the other way....as Rico put it..."There would have been a nuclear explosion" :eek:

Eric

wyndzer
07-03-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm good with any weekend also. Somebody needs to set a date in stone.

October 25 - 27, 2002 it is then.

MOFO
07-03-2002, 12:38 PM
...sounds good to me..... I'm pulling out my chisel and stone as we speak....

Eric

froggieboi
07-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Hatfield McCoy ride ptII. OCT. 25-27, 2002:D :p :D :p

MOFO
07-03-2002, 12:56 PM
ok...so far so good.... How 'bout them WV boys (Taco)? You guys gotta make it again.... :D

Mandatory attendence for all riders of Part I. :D :D :D

Eric

wyndzer
07-03-2002, 01:03 PM
And ya'll thought you had fun last time! HE HE! HE HE!:devil :devil

YLW400
07-03-2002, 01:08 PM
I am supposed to be building my house around that time frame. If something falls through, I would like to slide out

MOFO
07-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wyndzer
And ya'll thought you had fun last time! HE HE! HE HE!:devil :devil

uh oh....:o :D

I gotta say, that haircut story was pretty damn good....

knighttime
07-03-2002, 01:19 PM
I should be able to make it! :D

Doibugu2
07-03-2002, 01:44 PM
I am going to try and come out. It is just a long drive from Chicago. I will try and get a couple of my ridding buddies to come along.

07-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
I should be able to make it! :D

Uhhhhhhh,,,,,,that's a big negative good buddy..you will make it..:eek: :D

I'm wondering if this this psycho hill billy's gonna show back up floppin his manhood around..:huh

07-03-2002, 03:16 PM
So the 25th, 26th, & 27th would be a good weekend. Did any of you guys get the name of the campground that was had trail access to rockhouse trails? It looked like a nice place to camp.

Pappy
07-03-2002, 03:44 PM
as long as it doesnt interfere with my deer huntin...count me in..25-27!!

wyndzer
07-03-2002, 04:44 PM
I almost forgot, my wife is expecting the first of November. Can everybody do the last weekend in September? If not I will probably make the end of October, it will just be real iffy, if Jr. comes for his first visit.

Taco
07-03-2002, 05:12 PM
September would be warmer

wyndzer
07-04-2002, 09:25 AM
That water splashing would be cold wouldn't it. I'm thinking one of the last two weekends in September.

froggieboi
07-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Sept is ok with me too. We just need to set it and leave it.

07-04-2002, 11:49 AM
would be fine too:cool:

Ex'r Marlin
07-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tacostrk
September would be warmer Yeah, I went to the event (Hatfield McCoy... The fued continues event) last October. It was held the last week and weekend of October. Although the majority of the 1000 plus riders brought their mobile homes and campers, I (amoung three of my buddies) roughed it and camped out in a tent like Knightime was putting up. We camped out for 3 nights, and all 3 nights were freezing! We woke up to a little snow one morning!:eek:

Yeah, we had a great time.... Until it came time to take showers!:rolleyes: Coooolllllldddddddd:(

As for the afternoon... It warmed up enough to have a good ride.

Note: The bon fire they had was awesome!!!!

Striker49
07-04-2002, 05:54 PM
Hey Rico, how bout I meet ya at your house and hitch a ride with you. Your a good 4-5 hour drive from me, then you could drive the other 5-6 :D Sound good? Id really like to go but distance and time stops most of us.

redzoomer
07-04-2002, 08:13 PM
The end of Sept..will work for me! I got a wedding sometime in Sept.. Mybe not then...I went last year the end of Oct. and It was 40 degrees and snowing.... no more of that pls..... I am ready!! CranMan...your ready aren't you??

Quadfather
07-04-2002, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure you could count me and about six others in for the fall leg.

knighttime
07-04-2002, 10:36 PM
I like the october date better.

froggieboi
07-04-2002, 10:44 PM
I guess maybe we should take a vote on which date it will be then.

07-05-2002, 06:32 AM
Well if it snowed and was cold late October like last year I'm game for moving it up to the end of september or whatever..i"m open for any date just about..:blah

So how does sept. 20 thru 22 sound?????????????

I don't wanna wake up to snow and cold weather..:(

wyndzer
07-05-2002, 07:05 AM
Official Fall Hatfield Trail Ride = Sept. 20 - 22, 2002

CranMan
07-05-2002, 09:15 AM
Sounds good for me, but I gotta check with the wife and see it we don't have anything else planned already. I'm pretty sure you can count me in though:D

Checked the calendar, and that weekend's free...so count me in!!

froggieboi
07-05-2002, 11:20 AM
sounds good fellas

07-05-2002, 12:10 PM
Well I guess we need ta contact cheif smoking logan campground and reserve them 2 spots again or possibly get some sites closer to the chit house/shower..:D I"m wondering if that damn urban legend hillbilly is still hangin around the camp ground??:huh

PS...somebody bringin a garden hose this time??:blah

froggieboi
07-05-2002, 12:50 PM
A hose would be good next time. I could make that happen. :D

redzoomer
07-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Unless I end up unemployed,, I'll be there... Maybe with 2 or 3 more.. It all depends.. wyndzer and Cranman we will have to hook up a meeting place on the road..

Taco
07-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by froggieboi
A hose would be good next time. I could make that happen. :D

Just dont run your truck over it with the rest of your stuff this time:D

September sounds fine to me, I'll run it by the rest of the WV boys and see what happens.

upstate rider
07-05-2002, 06:44 PM
I'll keep it in mind but I'll most likely will miss this fall's ride. Son will be back in school , I don't mind him missing 1 day but I need 1 day travel each way. As long as your going to make this a yearly event I'll see ( ya'll ) next June.

redzoomer
07-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Ok it is official! The wife said I could go!!!hehe Hey would anybody be interested in going on Thursday?? Least that way we can ride 2 days? Its a 7 hr drive from my house. really need 2 days of riding...

froggieboi
07-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Taco, I'll run over whatever I want to. That includes but is not limited to my toolbox, pillow, sleeping bag, duffel bag, sheet, hose and whatever else I choose not to recognize as being in my way.

07-06-2002, 04:42 AM
or what? sorry guys wont be able to make that one either. gotta work.

07-08-2002, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by redzoomer
Ok it is official! The wife said I could go!!!hehe Hey would anybody be interested in going on Thursday?? Least that way we can ride 2 days? Its a 7 hr drive from my house. really need 2 days of riding...

Well we came down friday morning and rode for about 6 or 7 hours on friday and then rode about the same on saturday so you should be able to ride 2 days if ya come up...only bad thing is we were up and on the way there friday morning at 6 A.M. :(

CranMan
07-08-2002, 07:00 AM
Hey Red,Wyndzer and I are planning on going up there thursday after work.

WVEXrider
07-08-2002, 07:19 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a little advice from a local. Your sept. dates will probably be a little better than oct. October could be in the 70's one weekend and the next could be in the 50's. Also, you guys would love some of the stuff my freinds and I ride. Contact me if you are interested through my site. I can show you as much of whatever type of riding you would like to see(off system, private trails, very little to no traffic). I have some freinds that race gncc, and I am going to as soon as I can get a free weekend from guided tours, so we probably do a lot of the same type of riding. Have a good trip.

07-08-2002, 10:58 AM
:devil Sounds good to me you might want to ask Taco if he has anymore diesel to run? He might have to get some more of that raw power so he can keep up:blah

Scott
07-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Should be able to count me +3 in for September. And I think avoiding the cold and snow at the end of October is a GOOD thing.

Hey redzoomer, I'm unemployed right now, got the axe 2 weeks ago, don't let that stop you!

Obviously I'll know more about how many are coming with me as things get closer.

knighttime
07-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DieselEX2002
:devil Sounds good to me you might want to ask Taco if he has anymore diesel to run? He might have to get some more of that raw power so he can keep up:blah

lmfao, Yeah he gets it at the gas station that was near the campground. I'm not sure what he paid for it though. The quad ran good but smelled like a greyhound bus. :eek:

Taco
07-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by knighttime

lmfao, Yeah he gets it at the gas station that was near the campground. I'm not sure what he paid for it though. The quad ran good but smelled like a greyhound bus. :eek:

oh hardy f*in har:D :blah
So whats the final date?

07-11-2002, 07:09 AM
sounds like it's the 3rd weekend in Sept..

wyndzer
07-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Hey guys, may not make the ride afterall. I had a pretty bad wreck Saturday, here's a short rundown. Boken collar bone, road rash all over my left arm and left mid-section, part back, concussion, I was knocked out for a few seconds, none of these hurt to speak of. My hip, pelvic area is swollen pretty big, some internal problem that I've got to go back to the Doc Monday to get looked at again. I can't stand up for more than about two minutes without blacking out. It really sucks, I feel so helpless. I know the rear shock, rims, maybe axle, steering stem are messed up. Hopefully the Frame and Swingarm are fine? Crossing my fingers!

Taco
07-15-2002, 06:25 AM
wyndzer come on now you can get better by then. If you dont come who will play with the hillbilly? Keep us updated man we want to make sure you recover and get back to riding.

07-15-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey guys, may not make the ride afterall. I had a pretty bad wreck Saturday

:( Dude that sucks to hear,,hopefully you'll heal up OK and not have any long term damage,,sounds like the speed's in as bad a shape as you are,,hopefully the custom thumb throttle survived the crash..:eek: Get well man and keep us posted on how your doin..:cool: I'll keep my fingers crossed too..

CranMan
07-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Hey how about a little sympathy for me too...that's my riding Bro!! Well one of them at least. Hopefully Redzoomer is able to go , and maybe Wyndzer will be able to make it still. Something tells me he's going to want to be there pretty bad...

07-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Maybe we should put some training wheels on the C'dale for him. IF that won't work I'll contact the urban legend hillbilly and see if he would consider pulling a small trailer behind his John Deere yard tractor with wyndzer in it and follow us down the trails. :eek: Hopefully he'll heal up and maybe him and dad could follow up the pack together..:D Im sure dad's snake bite juice would cure what's ailin jamie..:D

knighttime
07-15-2002, 11:40 AM
of wyndzer's wreck. Maybe he was ridin with froggieboi and they were both all "torn-up"!!

:eek:

2001250ex
07-15-2002, 11:46 AM
ill have nine done then adn i live not even 5 miles from rockhouse and ill try t meat you guys down there

knighttime
07-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by 2001250ex
ill have nine done then adn i live not even 5 miles from rockhouse and ill try t meat you guys down there

:D

wyndzer
07-15-2002, 03:08 PM
Some details (http://www.atvnc.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Ridingstories;action=display;num=102 6616382)
Notice the bone sticking out.

wyndzer
07-15-2002, 03:11 PM
oops! My wife won't let me post the nasty pics of the swelling and half body bruises. I still can't stand up by myself.

07-15-2002, 03:19 PM
[B
Notice the bone sticking out. [/B]

And your gonna let that stop ya,,come on Jamie you look stronger than that..:D

Ok all jokin aside that looks painful man,,I can see it in your face. .:( Hopefully you can heal up in time but it doesn't sound to good at this point..

jcv400ex
07-17-2002, 10:45 AM
Hey guys, I'll be able to make it down for the Sept. run. I've always wanted to ride it. I'll convoy down with Scott, if it's the Scott I'm thinking of. I'll see if I can get CBRSLIDER to go too.

07-17-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I'll see if I can get CBRSLIDER to go too.

Only if he leaves the badge and firearm at home...:D ;)

jcv400ex
07-17-2002, 01:50 PM
We'll be out of the state....so he won't be able to! lol

Hey, by the way......Terry made a mistake....those Razors he sent you...are mine. He said you can just mail them out to me when ever you get a chance.:devil

Pappy
07-17-2002, 02:45 PM
hey rico.....looks like we will have to settle the "who cooks the best deer steaks". hehehehe!!!

MOFO
07-17-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, I'll be able to make it down for the Sept. run. I've always wanted to ride it. I'll convoy down with Scott, if it's the Scott I'm thinking of. I'll see if I can get CBRSLIDER to go too.

Let me know if you guys are going....odd's are you will go past Pittsburgh.... we take 79South all the way down to 64. If this is your route...we'll all caravan down....

EXtreme-
07-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Haven't been there in 9 months....whatta place! What's the rough headcount at this point? If I brought a half dozen riders, would that cramp someone's style?

Rico, I talked to VW and it seems most are tenting....got room for my ole winnebago? It's only 22ft, but is loaded for bear, or in this case, sqealing pigs :D Also, when are most guys arriving at the park?

JVC, I think that's the wrong Scott....I emailed Jute for ya.

jcv400ex
07-17-2002, 08:24 PM
Yeah, sounds good. I'll swing over that way and meet up with ya.

Looks like about 6 hours from Pittsburgh? What day would you leave? I'd like to leave Thursday, don't know about you guys.
Ride friday and saturday, saddle up and go home on Sunday...

Thanks Steve. ****, the more the merrier in my opinion. We'll take over the campground if we have to.....

07-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Where is Hatfield McCoy?

froggieboi
07-17-2002, 10:09 PM
It is in West Virginia. About 1 hour or so south of Huntington.

07-18-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by EXtreme-

It's only 22ft, but is loaded for bear

I"m hoping that's a typo and is supposed to say loaded full ole beer.:D LMAO

Yeah the more people is better,,,I guess we need to start gettin a head count and get the camp sites arranged,,I beleive we only had 2 sites last time and had ta barrow part of a 3rd site and we only had 13 people and we had the 2 sites packed..sounds like we need to get about 4 sites this time..:eek:

I might start another thread in this forum asking for just a head count,,we'll do all the planin and stuff in here,,it might be easier to count heads in the new thread instead of goin thru all the pages in this one..sound kewl??

MOFO
07-18-2002, 08:29 AM
Actually we only had one site Rico. We did however end up using that "workers" site for a couple tents & parking. So, we could probably use 3 sites this time....keep in mind, if you call for a site and request a tent only site, they can be very small.....the site we had was setup for a RV of somesort with full hook-ups & a bit more room.... just something to keep in mind.

Eric

07-18-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Actually we only had one site Rico. We did however end up using that "workers" site for a couple tents & parking. So, we could probably use 3 sites this time....keep in mind, if you call for a site and request a tent only site, they can be very small.....the site we had was setup for a RV of somesort with full hook-ups & a bit more room.... just something to keep in mind.

Eric

Sounds like you just volunteered to be the official site planner and organizer..:eek:

knighttime
07-18-2002, 08:57 AM
VWVR6 is the ride coordinator. :D

MOFO
07-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Damnit, I better get some kind of tee-shirt for this. :D :D

Ok, ok....this weekend or begining of next week I will order up some sites.... we are gonna need a good headcount though.... :confused:

Eric

07-18-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Damnit, I better get some kind of tee-shirt for this. :D :D

Eric

Ok,,how about one that says "I'm with stupid" for when you, Chris and Mike go to the bar to shoot pool....LMFAO

MOFO
07-18-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Ok,,how about one that says "I'm with stupid" for when you, Chris and Mike go to the bar to shoot pool....LMFAO

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I dont need a tee shirt to show people that those guys are stupid... :eek: :devil

Eric

knighttime
07-19-2002, 12:11 AM
:blah

R u guys ready for eve's?

yellowex01
07-19-2002, 10:33 AM
I believe I will be motoring on down that way myself. Vito and Steve are you guys coming this way or going further south? If so we can caravan or I can just meet up with you guys down there. Vito are you going thursday or friday? If thursday maybe I will go then as well. Steve when are you going?

EXtreme-
07-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Hi Scott!
As for me (getting this rico?), a couple of us will be heading down Thursday night for the campground. We'll probably be hauling a camper/trailer combo followed by a stolen beer truck with two 400ex's duct taped to the back door:D I like to make a good first impression on my new friends....lol. Seriously though, it's too hard to say who's all coming on my end of things...some PaAtving guys are already psyched up and packing. Plus knighttime, VW and JCV are local bloodline, so I'll include them too in the convoy from Pennsylvania. We'd have to hook up with you in Washington, Pa at the 79/70 split if you want to follow us down. Most of my hardcore riding buddies have EX's (same guys from Rumble on the Ridge) plus a few with big 4x4's. You usually don't need a winch there, only a paper bag and dustpan to collect any get-offs. :eek: You're in for a real treat!

jcv400ex
07-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Thursday night it is then! Sweet Jesus this is gonna be a heck of a trip! we gotta be pushin 30 people......def. gonna need the beer truck, now who's bringin the side of beef?

07-23-2002, 06:37 AM
, now who's bringin the side of beef?

Don't need ta bring any,,the deer in the pic hung out at our campsite all weekend...we just need to talk it into laying down on the grill for us..:D :D

jcv400ex
07-23-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm surprised those West Virginie boys didn't have her on the barbeque......I guess it'll take a couple of PA boys to show ya'll how it' done. :p

So is it "Bring your own Feedbag" or are we just gonna do fast food?

07-23-2002, 07:27 AM

So is it "Bring your own Feedbag" or are we just gonna do fast food?

Well all most all of us last trip brought our own feedbag and cooked it at camp,,but after riding all day it kinda sucks...I'll be getting something on the way home from the rides,,but will bring breakfast and lunch stuff..

EXtreme-
07-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Hmmmm...we could have that thing gutted, cooked and garnished with parsely less than an hour:D We'll be cooking a light portion 20lb breakfast, snicker bar for lunch, then roast beast on the grill for dinner. Buuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. Half the fun is cooking like a king in the mountains without the wife knowing that you have talent that can be used against you at home!

DEAL
07-23-2002, 02:11 PM
I gotta get down to one of these exriders rides. You guys look like you need some riding lessons from the all mighty canadian ;) :D

EXtreme-
07-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Bring it on....eh!

Taco
07-24-2002, 07:13 PM
damnit Rico i was looking forward to more of your cheesy taters for dinner:mad: :mad:

redzoomer
07-24-2002, 07:21 PM
Taco, if you hang around wyndzer long enough you'll get plenty of cheesey taters... oh my fault those are cheesey poots!!
But then again, he might have some cheesey taters in his undies!!

wyndzer
07-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Hey Zoomer that reminds me. Please bring my hammock w/ you.