PDA

View Full Version : adam sicks 426 kit

forum
07-03-2002, 10:25 AM
If anybody is planing on converting over to a 426f type engine in there 400ex. I highly recomend adam sick's kit. Although i have yet to get the kit. They way it is described is amazing. The price he had given me was 650$ (not official yet) And it comes with pipe silencer billet engine mounts, air boot mod, and diagrams and instructions all drawn up in CAD. AMAZING!! Adam does a great business by the sounds of it. I will be ordering the kit shortly. I think he is able to keep his costs down because he might not have any over head. he just does it in his own home. If you are serious about this kit Email him at sickman80@hotmail.com

Again the price he gave me may not be the set price yet, he may still change it.

this is the email i got from him
"
YZ400/426F into a 400EX Chassis Conversion:

First of all I hope to keep the cost down by hopefully only needing to sell the main parts in order to keep cost down, but am willing to help with whatever is needed if be the case.

Thus I have a basic kit consisting of these components, and the rest I will provide part numbers, pictures, instructions, and to-scale drawings. I have all tabs and brackets drawn in a CAD program which I can print the drawing to actual size for templates. Once you have the engine mounted to the frame by the front and rear engine mounts, its actually probably about the most easy conversion that can be done.

Basic Kit ($650):

Billet Front Engine Mounts ($150)*

Ceramic Coated Exhaust Pipe and Megaphone Silencer ($450)*

Air Boot Mod

Instructions, Drawings, Pictures, and Part Numbers

For additional info, please contact me at Sickman80@hotmail.com or call me at (712) 323-8526. If truly interested in doing this conversion, I’d rather you call me in order to get the most accurate description of the project so we can asses the individual situation.

Thanks,

Adam

* Price given to help realize why the cost is what it is, not extra.

"

nakomis0
07-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Dude what does this mean in your sig?

"Suzuki=one step in the wrong direction"

:huh

forum
07-03-2002, 02:19 PM
I don't like suzuki.
I just seen some jerk make fun of yamaha so i wanted to put something about suzuki. I was just being a jerk.

Nausty
07-03-2002, 02:53 PM
your gonna have a awsome quad and that seems like a reasonable price considering walsh wants 1000 bucks and no pipe and probably not as mcuh stuff as that.

Wired
07-03-2002, 06:27 PM
i know adam pretty good and ive seen the kit he makes on his own quad when i rode to red bud with him. its all top of the line components. if anyone here wants to have a yzf426 quad and dont have the money to buy an aftermarket frame, this is definatly the way to go! his kits very reasonably priced and will save you a $hitload of money too ;)

Mxbubs
07-04-2002, 08:31 PM
I am doing a YZ conversion. I am working with Adam on it. I will have pictures soon. I just got my herrmanracing long travel +3's in, I have to say, these are hands down the best a-arms I have ever seen. It is a completely bind free set up, at a fraction of the cost of the pro traxx set up. It is better than the roll design and houser's because he uses a sperical race bearing and bolt (king pin style) on his upper a arm, so there no ball joint stud to bend or break like on the LOBO II or the Housers. I was extremely happy dealing with Brad Herrman, I have to say the guy knows his stuff, and builds QUALITY at a very reasonable price.

Foxrage
07-04-2002, 09:41 PM
What about the radiator mounts?? Does anyone know how much a motor and all that stuff would be. Thanks

P.S how much is my stock motor worth.

Nausty
07-04-2002, 11:54 PM
how much are stock yz426 motors new?

crashinmatt
07-05-2002, 06:42 AM
i believe, but i could be wrong on this, but u cant just buy a new yz426 motor. u have to buy the bike too. but u could always try to find someone partin one out. thats the only way to get a newer motor. but, i believe u can buy the crf450 motor straight from honda. at least thats what i was told by my dealer, cuz they had one for sale. so in other words u have to probably find a used one or someone who bought the bike and is partin it out, or buy ur own.

400exBro
07-05-2002, 04:22 PM
thats amazingly cheap.....
have you found a engine yet.????
i talked to a couple of my neibours around here and he said he saw a yzf 426 for sale for 4 500$ (i think ) at hully gully (but i wouldn't buy from there, they slam to much money on to you after you buy, like pdi, shipping and handling and **** like that ) and you could just sell the frame and all the other stuff....
can wait to race ya next year............ NOT!!!!!! i need to get my act togeter if i am going to race cmrc.... i am going to get creamed bad on my 400...
lata
Bro