PDA

View Full Version : How to get to sleep!

Titanium
01-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Ok i've had this problem for a while now. i can't get to sleep until the wheee hours of the mornin sumtimes i'm even awake until 5 in the mornin. im startin to think i have a sleepin disorder but do u guys have any suggestions on how to get to sleep.:confused:

MXRACER86
01-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I have the same problem, What time do you wake up though?

MXRACER86
01-03-2006, 12:37 AM
dam, it's almost 3:00a.m.!

kenwoodjeff
01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
go take some nyquil.

and get off the internet!!

TheFontMaster
01-03-2006, 05:04 AM
Last night I couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs at 12 ate dinner since all I had to eat yesterday was a big mac, go on the computer, then I'm usualy tired enough to go right to sleep.

Camaroguy87132
01-03-2006, 05:33 AM
mmmm big mac at 12am... thats always a treat

Titanium
01-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
I have the same problem, What time do you wake up though?

I have to wake up at 6:30 every mornin.

dober250R
01-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Don't drink a lot of pop. The caffiene will keep you awake.

Hondadudeehhhh
01-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by dober250R

not really, if you drink soda in the afternoon thru dinner time you will be a litte hyper until like 9 and you will get burned out. Caffine is short term energy and gets used fast.

Also, dont take nyquil. You can become reliant to it very easily (like eminem). Do you excersize or did for a while and just stopped? For some people if they excersize on a daily basis for a couple months and then just stop it will throw their body out of whack.

quads14589
01-03-2006, 11:04 AM
turn a fan on sometimes it gets me alsleep from the noise that it makes.

ZeroLogic
01-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I have the same problem. I can't go to bed when I'm not tired because I won't fall asleep for the whole nite so I go to bed when I'm tired. I have been doing this for almost 4 years now. For the past month I've been doing I can't seem to fall asleep. I toss and turn and it usally takes me at the very least two hours to fall asleep. Last nite I went to bed at 1:00am, I didn't fall asleep until 3:00am. I'm glad we had a snow day today because I would be in a bit of trouble. I can sleep fine in school. lol But theres the problem, I'm doing extreamly bad inschool for the lack of sleep I get at nite. I tryed to go to bed at around 10 or 11 but no luck. I guess I'm just really stressed from everything and I can't clear my mind to fall asleep.:ermm:

crday98
01-03-2006, 11:19 AM
same problem here. i have to be up by 4:30 am for work. i never make it to bed before 1:30 am on the nights before i have work. what is strange is that there are nights that i could fall asleep around 9 pm when i don't have work the next day.:confused:

quadmaster88
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
i work nightshift so i dont have a problem with sleeping at night... the key probably is is just dont go to sleep thatll make your *** tired for the next night...:huh

01-03-2006, 11:25 AM
i take a sleaping pill that u can get at stores cuz i cant sleep at night either. at night im jest waking up. during the day i want to sleep.

Titanium
01-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I have the same problem. I can't go to bed when I'm not tired because I won't fall asleep for the whole nite so I go to bed when I'm tired. I have been doing this for almost 4 years now. For the past month I've been doing I can't seem to fall asleep. I toss and turn and it usally takes me at the very least two hours to fall asleep. Last nite I went to bed at 1:00am, I didn't fall asleep until 3:00am. I'm glad we had a snow day today because I would be in a bit of trouble. I can sleep fine in school. lol But theres the problem, I'm doing extreamly bad inschool for the lack of sleep I get at nite. I tryed to go to bed at around 10 or 11 but no luck. I guess I'm just really stressed from everything and I can't clear my mind to fall asleep.:ermm:

I kno wat u mean man. i didnt get sleepy until 3:40 last night and i wake up 6:30 every mornin to take care of animals and such. Cause this has been happenin to me for about 3 or 4 years now and its really startin to take a toll on me my temper is really bad now cause of it and my grades are slowly goin down hill.

Flip_SideEX
01-03-2006, 12:41 PM
I having the same problem right now, but its not as drastic. Hondadude seemed to solve it for me cause I exercised twice a day during school and then sometimes would go to work. Then christmas break came along and i did absolutely nothing and now it takes a long time to finally fall asleep. But without any exercise over christmas break i still lost weight.

Atkins
01-03-2006, 12:45 PM
I have the same problem....over vacations I usually turn nocturnal. Just go to bed, turn the lights off, and throw in the new In Flames DVD at Hammersmith....works for me!:devil:

01-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by dober250R

no, nothing keeps me awake, pop usually makes me more tired, nothing has an effect on me really

MR.BIG
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
All I have to do is have like 3 or 4 beers and I fall right to sleep. I work 6 days a week so I can usually fall asleep anytime but it takes me about 1/2 hr or so to fall asleep. You could also smoke soom weed then you will sleep like a baby but that's illegal and bad, lol!

Rip_Tear
01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
All I have to do is have like 3 or 4 beers and I fall right to sleep.

I can agree with that. But for those of you having this problem here are some easy things to try:

1. Don't Sleep in so much

2. Get on a Sleeping schedual and keep it. I try to go to bed around 10pm and get up at 8am at the latest

3. Read a book before you go to bed (novel etc)

4. Don't eat 1/2 hour before you try to sleep

5. Don't think when you try to sleep (I know, I know)

6. Do not do/think/anything about ATVing or your other hobbies (makes you think too much)

7. That includes reading ATVriders.com (ahahaha, seriously)

8. Get outside during the day, seriously, fresh air will do wonders

9. Sleep with your window open

10. Get a fan or something that makes constant noise to fall asleep to

11. Make sure it's dark, no lights, blinds down etc

12.Get physical activity during the day

I'll post more if I can remember anything else, I've had the sleeping problem before, but I learned/was told how to fix it, these things seriously helped me, hope they help you guys

j_cyrus3
01-03-2006, 03:12 PM
This is crazy. Last night I was wondering the same thing. I can't sleep at night, I get up at 6:45 every morning to get ready for school. I am sleepy all day, can't sleep at school though. Even if we are watching a movie or something, I can't sleep. When I get home I mess around in the garage then come in, eat, watch some tv, browse the net, and get in bed. I can go to bed at 11 and still be awake at 3. I only get 4 hours of sleep on a good night. I know this can't be good for me. If I do fall asleep early I wake up 4 to 5 times. I don't know what the problem is, I have had girlfriend problems lately and I have really began to think it has been stressing me out more than anything.

quads14589
01-03-2006, 03:27 PM
dude i had that problem like 2 yrs ago i stayed up to late so then i got over tired and couldnt get to sleep so i took night quil and fell asleep and after like 3 nights with that i fall asleep no problem.:p

Robin Hood
01-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Wow, and I thought I was the only person who had these problems..

Im usually up to about 3am every night, and it's really getting on my nerves lately. I stopped eating late, I read occasionly at night, but my problem is I think about everything when I hop into bed. I just sit there and think, and it aggrivates me so much that I can't sleep. It sucks because I have to wake up at 6 for school, and after school I work out for around 2 hours to try to burn off energy. Maybe I have a disorder..:confused:

muddy400EX
01-03-2006, 04:10 PM
i always fall asleep late and am tired all day at school, but then i get home and i start to wake up and then i end up staying up late again, i dont get it:confused:

Titanium
01-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I can agree with that. But for those of you having this problem here are some easy things to try:

1. Don't Sleep in so much

2. Get on a Sleeping schedual and keep it. I try to go to bed around 10pm and get up at 8am at the latest

3. Read a book before you go to bed (novel etc)

4. Don't eat 1/2 hour before you try to sleep

5. Don't think when you try to sleep (I know, I know)

6. Do not do/think/anything about ATVing or your other hobbies (makes you think too much)

7. That includes reading ATVriders.com (ahahaha, seriously)

8. Get outside during the day, seriously, fresh air will do wonders

9. Sleep with your window open

10. Get a fan or something that makes constant noise to fall asleep to

11. Make sure it's dark, no lights, blinds down etc

12.Get physical activity during the day

I'll post more if I can remember anything else, I've had the sleeping problem before, but I learned/was told how to fix it, these things seriously helped me, hope they help you guys

I kno this sounds stupid but i've trie almost all of that stuff. i think wat's really botherin me is stress because when i get in bed i think sleep sleep sleep and when i don't get to sleep i get mad and when i get mad i can't get to sleep and then i wake up the next day and my temper is even worse so it gets worse and worse every night it seems.

01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
All I have to do is have like 3 or 4 beers and I fall right to sleep. I work 6 days a week so I can usually fall asleep anytime but it takes me about 1/2 hr or so to fall asleep. You could also smoke soom weed then you will sleep like a baby but that's illegal and bad, lol!

that dont work for me if i try that i wake up and want more.

400exrules
01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
i heard somewhere that donald trump has been gettin 4 hours of sleep everynight, for most of his life, and i believe it. My chemistry teacher said if you stay on a schedule and try to goto sleep and wakeup at the same time everyday, your body will adjust and you will get used to it, and your body will get all the energy it needs in that time, if you do it routinely(sp?)

Honda TRX250ex
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
i always find that some warm milk and my mommy rubs my tummy and she sings to me. that puts me right to sleep:macho :blah:

Titanium
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
i always find that some warm milk and my mommy rubs my tummy and she sings to me. that puts me right to sleep:macho :blah:

lol thats all i got to say:p

Honda#4
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM
what i did was get off the soda pop and started to drink more milk that didnt really help just took my mind off soda and now im soda free worse darn thing that could happen it really hurts the first day of quiting cause u feel so tired.i sleep with the radio on that kind of works better and i think about girls all night.

Honda TRX250ex
01-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
what i did was get off the soda pop and started to drink more milk that didnt really help just took my mind off soda and now im soda free worse darn thing that could happen it really hurts the first day of quiting cause u feel so tired.i sleep with the radio on that kind of works better and i think about girls all night.
there the reason why you wake up and your underies are wet! :p :macho

bulkdriverlp
01-03-2006, 05:21 PM
i wouldnt take sleeping pills, like some said, get a fan to make a humming noise. i never needed it until i met my wife. now i cant sleep without a fan. turn it on hi, it can point to the wall, just as long as it makes the noise. we turn the tv on and set the timer for 30min every nite.

01-03-2006, 05:23 PM
melatonin (its speld right) get it at any store and works very good cuz thats what i take. but i chew it instead of swloing it and as soon as it gets down i start yaninig.

theTman
01-03-2006, 05:24 PM
i have this problem...i usually get 8 hrs of sleep a night, and im tired all day long in school, makes no sence

01-03-2006, 05:26 PM
or u could jest get tosted every night and pass out. that works very good to.

01-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by theTman
i have this problem...i usually get 8 hrs of sleep a night, and im tired all day long in school, makes no sence

im tired at schoool too. thats y im in alternitve school cuz the other school couldnt teach me cuz i sleap all day at school and i meen it to.so they didnt want me. they sid its cuz drugs.

01-03-2006, 05:32 PM
warm milk will not make u tired its a mith and im not just saying that its true.

TCracin440ex
01-03-2006, 05:32 PM
well i have sleeping problems sometimes when im stressed out ill just lay in bed and think about shyt that is going on...but the way i sleep and i have to sleep every night is i have a floor fan blowing on me at all hours of the night....if i cant have my fan i cant sleep...the fan puts me to sleep every night. i sleep in the coldest climate i can. my room stays cold...when your cold you breathe better and everything. Heat just stiffles me. winter time all my vents get shut off, my windows get opened, and my fan(s) (floor and ceeling) are blowing on me at all times...i get a lil chill...then im out like a fat kid in dodgeball

Hon300ex
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
im tired at schoool too. thats y im in alternitve school cuz the other school couldnt teach me cuz i sleap all day at school and i meen it to.so they didnt want me. they sid its cuz drugs.

mayb u shud stope takeing al dos drugz so u can type sumthin:D

TCracin440ex
01-03-2006, 05:41 PM
forgot to mention my windows are blanketed up so no light comes in...we have a dust 2 dawn light in my yard and if i didnt have the blanket over my window it would look like daylight in my room all the time...ive also gotten so used to it but its kinda bad but my body cant go on 8 hours of sleep...i can sleep maybe 5 and function fine all day...if i sleep 8 i wake up and im STILL tired...so sleeping 8 hours aint always the best answer

sleeping pills work...but they are addicting and once you get addicted you will always have to have them unless you break the habbit

ive always heard too that turkey makes you sleepy...never tried it or anything...and i dont kno why but maybe somebody can shed some light on this for me

i was working night shift and when i came home in the mornings the sun was up and i found it hard going to sleep knowing the sun is up...somethin bout the sun commin up jus makes me wanna go outside and do something...but the best way i found to fall asleep during those circumstances is just put in a totally boring movie...a movie that youve seen a billion times works wonders....

01-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
well i have sleeping problems sometimes when im stressed out ill just lay in bed and think about shyt that is going on...but the way i sleep and i have to sleep every night is i have a floor fan blowing on me at all hours of the night....if i cant have my fan i cant sleep...the fan puts me to sleep every night. i sleep in the coldest climate i can. my room stays cold...when your cold you breathe better and everything. Heat just stiffles me. winter time all my vents get shut off, my windows get opened, and my fan(s) (floor and ceeling) are blowing on me at all times...i get a lil chill...then im out like a fat kid in dodgeball

i used to not be able to sleeep cuz of stress but then i stoped caring and that helped alot. wasnt a good thing though.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Haha, I love it blue450 , youve got the answers to everything and anything .

Honda TRX250ex
01-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
mayb u shud stope takeing al dos drugz so u can type sumthin:D
thats what im saying too:o

quads14589
01-03-2006, 05:58 PM
ya man i got a blanket over my window to we just got snow here so when that moon comes out it will be like daytime with the moon light shinin off the snow its bs:mad:

ZeroLogic
01-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo

I think you should stop talking and taking drugs and wise up. Your life is going to be ****. You won't get into any colleages (sp?), the only thing you have to look forward to is the army.:ermm:

01-03-2006, 06:16 PM
u guys just keep talking about drugs and this thread will probly and up getting closed like all the others

xx3003xrdrxx
01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
ok , wow Im not usually one to just pick on someone but serioulsy , your the one who comes on here and talks how they get stoned and take all these crazy pills all the time. In case you havnt noticed pal , the reason many of those threads got closed was because of you.

01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
ok , wow Im not usually one to just pick on someone but serioulsy , your the one who comes on here and talks how they get stoned and take all these crazy pills all the time. In case you havnt noticed pal , the reason many of those threads got closed was because of you.

well not rilly cuz u people always start calling me dumb and saying i ride a pos and stuff goes on from their then it gets closed. not my falt u people cant keep your lips closed.