PDA

View Full Version : Oil Question

nwi45
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
I've talked to a couple serious local A-riders, and more than one of them has suggested using Yamahalube 10w-30. What is everyone's opinion on running this? I am switching over from a 2-stroke, so I'm not very knowledgable on these new thumpers.

How would you say it compares to Maxima, Klotz, Belray, etc.?

Any response is appreciated, please don't discard.

Splatter Matter
01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
the only oil i run is the 20/40 yamalube i hear the 10/40 will flow a little better threw the motor and clutch but wont hold up good in the summer heat.

bullet3z
01-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I just switched my WR250F over to Bell Ray Thumper oil in the smi-synthetic 20/50 formula. I am very happy with the oil. The WR250F is hard to shift sometimes and this oil made it shift very smooth. I will probably stick with the Bell Ray from now on.

The Yamalube in 10/30 is good but it is a little thin. But as long as you change your oil and filter often any "bike" oil will work. Do not use car oils. Also make sure you drain all the oil before you add more, most new 4 strokes have sumps. So there are 2 places you have to drain the oil from.

SRH
01-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by bullet3z
I just switched my WR250F over to Bell Ray Thumper oil in the smi-synthetic 20/50 formula. I am very happy with the oil. The WR250F is hard to shift sometimes and this oil made it shift very smooth. I will probably stick with the Bell Ray from now on.

The Yamalube in 10/30 is good but it is a little thin. But as long as you change your oil and filter often any "bike" oil will work. Do not use car oils. Also make sure you drain all the oil before you add more, most new 4 strokes have sumps. So there are 2 places you have to drain the oil from.

i agree the bel ray thumper is the ebst stuff ive used...id drink it if i could