PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix, Arizona Area Riders Unite!

04TRX400EX
01-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey what's up all. I was looking through the where to ride list and didn't see any AZ posts for riding. I live up in Anthem so am usually riding around Lake Pleasant area. I don't know too many people that ride quads so it gets pretty old riding with my dad and friend all the time. If anyone wants to get together and go riding some time, let me know. It would be sweet if we could get a few guys together to go some weekend. If anyone wants to go or has any ideas about where to go around the Phoenix-ish area, post a response or send me a PM.

Let's try to get some people together! I was thinking about a weekend in February so people have some time to plan and since the next couple of weekends I have some things planned.

Danny

7OahuEx
01-24-2006, 10:46 PM
How close are you to Surprise, Az. I have a few buddies that go there quite often to ride at speedworld motocross track. Went there on their second grand opening butdidn't have my quad.

The desert track looked awesome didn't see too much of the motocross track since i didn't bring my quad, but there were quite a few quads there.

Open riding all day on wednesdays and pretty open riding on the weekends. Trying to plan a trip in the next month or so, it's a cash shortage thing but I do plan to get out there with my buds.
3 hr trip for me, so I wanna make sure it's worth it, you know.

They ride cr250 kx250 and ktm525 so it makes it really fun bumping them to make a pass.

Maybe see you out there some weekend.

Ex'r Marlin
01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
COOL!:cool:

Keep me in mind too!

I go to several www.ridingarizona.com rides. (Definetly worth checking out!)

See ya soon??

Donjuan54
01-27-2006, 06:34 PM
There is good racing out at 339 ave on the I-10 usually every sunday. Its called hassayampa wash. drag banshees are out there plus fast 4 strokes. i havent been for a couple of weeks but the fastest bikes are there usually every sunday probably till march because it starts getting hot.If you call paul or brian at richards atv in glendale they will tell you if there is a lot of people going to be out there. The guy brian has a 20 mil banshee and that bike is f__cking fast. He won glamis king of hill on thanksgiving beating a hayabusa not spelled right. The hayabusa had nos and turbo and still beat him up olds hill it was sweet. Check out www.planetsand.com thanks

Ex'r Marlin
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I'll be there on Sunday... 339th avenue and I-10 (West Valley).

The location also has some decent trails to hit.

What is a 20 mil Banshee??:confused:

Not much of a drag racer, but I don't mind watching.:D

04TRX400EX
02-02-2006, 12:01 AM
It's good to hear there are some riders on here in AZ. I figured there would be, we do live in the middle of the desert. If anyone ever wants to get a ride together, let me know for sure.

7OahuEx-
My sister lives in Surprise but I am not out there all that much. I know about the Speedworld track cause the WORCS series had it's round one race there a couple of weeks ago (although I don't race). My sister and her bf ride out that direction a lot though.

Donjuan54-
Is 339th Ave the random-*** road out on the I-10 going west past Jackrabbit Trail? I have heard about it from some people. I want to plan a trip out there but it would be cool to find some more people to meet up with. Are paddles a good idea or not necessary?

offroadhunter
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Im also up in Anthem, let me know if you want to get out..i ride every weekend....

Donjuan54
02-08-2006, 10:24 PM
I read on planetsand.com that there is sand drags out at speedworld in surprise. Yes you do need paddles in the wash area so your bike can hook up good

daredevilearth
02-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Have you heard of mile marker 11.5 off of Carefree Highway?

offroadhunter
02-17-2006, 06:06 AM
ive been to 11.5 many times...it has good variety of terrain..its pretty popoular location so you will see lots of other riders out there.

johnkmpf
02-21-2006, 09:04 AM
leaving in 4 days to live in chandler. Anyone feel like riding the first weekend in march.

Ex'r Marlin
02-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by johnkmpf
leaving in 4 days to live in chandler. Anyone feel like riding the first weekend in march.
COOL... I too am from NJ! :D

There is a dune trip planned March 18th... Want to check out the dunes??

As for the first and second week of March... I have plans. March 10th to the 12th is the WORCS series race in Lake Havasu City, AZ.

04TRX400EX
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
What dunes are you planning on going to March 18th? Glamis? Dumont? Let me know cause I have been trying to plan a dune trip myself, but I don't know too many people that ride quads, so it would be a pretty small group (just 3 quads). How many people are going so far? I can see if I can find some more to come if indeed a trip gets planned out. I'd like to go to Buttercup (backside of Glamis).

As for Carefree Highway, I go riding out there a lot, since it is close to my house. I am not exactly sure where mile marker 11.5 is. I have gone to a couple of places off of Carefree- one place on Lake Pleasant/New River Rd by the glider place. There is another place closer to the I-17 about 2 miles east of the glider place. I have also been down off of the road that actually takes you into Lake Pleasant, where you have to pay to enter and all that. There is a lot of good riding around there.

johnkmpf:
Let me know if you want to go ride sometime. I am always up for meeting new people to ride with.

Ex'r Marlin
02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
What dunes are you planning on going to March 18th? I'd like to go to Buttercup (backside of Glamis).

We are heading to Gordon's Well, which is just across the street from Buttercup.:cool:

I believe we will be heading out Friday, and returning Sunday.

I know the group is getting bigger, but we all feel the more the merrier!:cool:

Serveral riders go just about every weekend to the dunes!:eek:

You are more than welcome to come join our group! I am sure you will find a lot of the riders in the group live close to you in Tempe!:eek: :D

Firecracker
03-07-2006, 09:31 AM
We are from Michigan and planning on a trip/vacation next year jan/feb.

We dont know any of the trails,,is there a website? We tried cuple of them but got limited Info or not what we need.

We ride both Quad and dirtbikes.
Whats the legal age to ride there?We have 3 kids.
Any help would be great,,,,,even if its just telling us where there is a great area to ride.

Thank you!!

Jasmin

04TRX400EX
03-08-2006, 12:40 AM
You can find trails all around the area. Not too many in the actual Phoenix metro area but around the east and west, not to mention a lot of the north valley is full of trails. To get an idea of where to go, log onto RidingArizona.com (http://www.ridingarizona.com). Once you create a login username and such you can access the Trail Guide which separates Arizona into different sections (east, west, north, etc.) and even includes a dune guide to the popular CA/AZ dunes.

Firecracker
03-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Cool thanks !! I went there for some reason it wont let me go to trails keeps telling me my Username isnt correct lol.....

I will keep trying ,,,,

We /I are hoping Mike will find a JOb out there I want to move there, I am so tired of this cold and wet.
Whats construction work doing out there? Mike is a Operator (big equitment)

I could use all the help hehehe he wont move unless he has a JOb, wich I "guess" I can understand hehehe....

Ex'r Marlin
03-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Definitely... If you are heading out this way (Arizona), the same web site that 04TRX400EX gave is awesome to find out some of the upcoming rides. www.RidingArizona.com

As for jobs here in Arizona... I know there is a lot of construction going on here in the Phoenix metro area.:macho

As for getting away from the cold and wet... The Phoenix metro area is not cold and wet.:D If you head up North, like Sedona, Prescott, or Flagstaff... It gets cooler and even has some of that white stuff... What is it called again?:confused: :D

Firecracker
03-08-2006, 08:51 AM
lol SNOW !!!!!!!That stuff that I had plow ......last week :devil:

I have arthirits in both of my hips this cold and wet is killing me,,I rather wear a shirt and shorts anyway :)

Checking out the link thank you!!

Also hoping he can find a good job there somewhere ...be nice !!

04TRX400EX
03-09-2006, 12:58 AM
Not to make fun, but I am laughing my a*s off at Firecracker's signature in relation to the commenst made about snow. Yeah, Arizona is pretty much the most dry state I know. I think natives don't even know what snow is. But if you like warm weather pretty much year round, and really hot summers, AZ is the place for you. Just don't expect to get too much use of that snowplow :D

Firecracker
03-09-2006, 05:17 AM
hmmmmm....... "Warn 60" Snowplow for sale"

wonder how fast it would sell ........

hahahahah

So whats the best area to move to? We got 3 kids (still in school) and ride dirtbike and quads.

Mike works as an Operator,

haha talk about snow getting ANOTHER snowstorm next tuesday!! More Play time with my Beast!:devil:

cutting400ex
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
hey I live in Surprise, have you guys done the Crown Creek trail from the back side of pleasant. 30 miles there eat lunch then 30miles back its awsome. Also 292nd ave and bell (sunbelt parkway) is another sweet place to ride

Ex'r Marlin
03-12-2006, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by cutting400ex
hey I live in Surprise, have you guys done the Crown Creek trail from the back side of pleasant. 30 miles there eat lunch then 30miles back its awsome. Also 292nd ave and bell (sunbelt parkway) is another sweet place to ride
Yep... I have done the Crown King ride 2 times now. I would love to go again soon. Definitely, the food at The Mill is awesome! Now I can't get that place off my mind!:D

I have not riden the 292nd Avenue and Bell Road spot as of yet. Maybe one of these days.

Thanks for the update!