PDA

View Full Version : i did it!!! hehe

kicken250x
07-02-2002, 11:23 PM
today i finaly got up the nerve to try and polish some stuff on my 4 wheeler and let me tell you it looks great!!! i only got to go one full rim and my throttle cover and master cyclender cover and the look good as ****!!! i spent about 4 hrs on the wheel because i was usung a POS drill (2500rpm) so that took FOREVER!!! i finaly got smart and used this thing that is like an over sized dremel tool it spins at like 3600+ rpm so that made it a whole lot faster to do. the one thing that i noticed is that after i was done i had a few darker spots on the wheels was that from the rouge(sp?(brown/dark w/e u wanna call it))?? i havent tryed the white yet will that get the darker spots out? there arent verry many of the just a few small spots on the wheels. also what kind of protection do yall use??? lol i found this one out the hard way!!! the only thing i had on was a beater a pair of shorts and some safty glasses. when i got in i was black with the dust that was flying. tomorrow when i go to get some more polishing wheels i plan to get some kind of mask long sleave shirt and gloves and i hope i wont turn out black again. i spent about and hour in the shower trying to get it all off and still couldnt get it all aout from around my eyes so i look like ive been wearing eye shadow(that is what my mom told me). that is all i can think of at the moment to tell yall i hope to get some pics of all the stuff im doing sometime soon. ill let you know when i get them!

later
kicken

Yoshi400ex
07-03-2002, 11:54 AM
sounds nice lets get some pics

RytM1
07-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Kicken, the white rouge is a finer polishing rouge that you should use as the final step. To seal them, you can go to a company called Eastwood Products, and get a spray can of clear coat, or take it to an auto body shop and get them clear coated. The only setback to this is that you are said to lose 15-20% of the shine. Polished aluminum is really hard to maintain, and if it sits in a cool climate, say over the winter, it will develop a haze over it, requiring a re-color. If there are any motorcycle shops in your area that do polishing, go talk to them, they can probably fill you in on a few tricks. I have learned from experience that polished aluminum looks pretty, but is a PITA to maintain. Good luck.

07-04-2002, 09:18 PM
post pics!

kicken250x
07-04-2002, 11:23 PM
thanks rytm1. i should be getting some pics sometime here soon i have to get some more film first. yea ive heard that is a pita to keep lookin good but for long that aint going to be my prob!!! im gonna sale it just as soon as i get it rebuilt! so if any1 is lookin for a fast as h3!! 250x soon to be 330x let me know well...idk if i get that 330 kit it just might be worth keeping idk what im going to do but yea im gettin some pics here soon maybe within the next 3 weeks when i get everything done!

later
kicken