PDA

View Full Version : yamaha raptorette

dingo
07-02-2002, 11:06 PM
I bought a raptor 80 for my son. I would have bought a Honda but the dealer pissed me off. So anyways the back shock is very stiff you could use it for a car. Any other shocks or fixs for this problem. My son is 5 and the quad bounces him all over. I thought about buying a front shock and putting it in the back but it looks to weak.

Razorback
07-02-2002, 11:45 PM
i can't answer your shock question, but my neighbor has one of those for his kids, and you need to watch out going through water. the air filter/intake is very poorly designed and will let lots o water in. my neighbor has taped up the holes on the sides and drilled holes at the top of it and it seems to help.

if you don't go splashing through water on it, it will be fine, otherwise it's very likely to get water through the filter. just a note.

DEAL
07-05-2002, 02:48 PM
I think its just because of the crappy front axle design.

Rip_Tear
07-05-2002, 04:26 PM
you realize its only a Badger with Raptor stylings... they arent a very good/high quality machine all around. Just letting you know, sorry. You should have just got the Honda.

derekhonda
07-06-2002, 01:00 PM
as much as i hate to say it go to atvconnection.com and someone over there has done serious serious mods to their raptorette ask them.