PDA

View Full Version : 450 carb

Quad Dude
01-02-2006, 06:30 PM
ok i got my r carb out again an have been playing with it a little. i think im close but need some help ok i got a good grey plug color but if i jab the throttle it will rev out and wont rev back down right away. also when i do that it will backefire and pop a bunch but not if i go slow.

165 main
40 pilot
2 turns air screw

Mobile Dyno
01-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Is that a k165 or 165 Dynojet? What position is your needle on? I have a 42 pilot in my 450r carb on my 440ex. You need to be 3 turns out on the mixture screw. Needle should be in the 3rd from top.

What performance mods do you have?

Also check your throttle cable and make sure its not being pulled by the tank. I have had that happen.

yokeracer
01-03-2006, 07:36 AM
When you take off your carb, how do you take off the throttle cable? From the carb or the handle bars?

I would like to put a 450r carb on mine too. But when I was rejetting, I went to take off the carb, and the throttle cable was all in my way, so I left the carb on the bike to work on it.

how much for a new carb?

Mobile Dyno
01-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by yokeracer
When you take off your carb, how do you take off the throttle cable? From the carb or the handle bars?

I would like to put a 450r carb on mine too. But when I was rejetting, I went to take off the carb, and the throttle cable was all in my way, so I left the carb on the bike to work on it.

how much for a new carb?

?:confused:

yokeracer
01-03-2006, 11:32 AM
how do you disconnect the throttle cable from the carb?

That's all...:D

Quad Dude
01-03-2006, 01:05 PM
its a k165. i think im on the 3rd from the top ill check and i 11:1 wiseco, web cam, kn, DMC Dual exhaust

Mobile Dyno
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by yokeracer
how do you disconnect the throttle cable from the carb?

That's all...:D

The 400ex carb is a pain. You have to loosen the locking nut. Then you have to unscrew the carb from the cable. You cannot unscrew the cable from the carb. you have to use the 450r throttle cable when you put that carb on.

yokeracer
01-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Mobile Dyno
The 400ex carb is a pain. You have to loosen the locking nut. Then you have to unscrew the carb from the cable. You cannot unscrew the cable from the carb. you have to use the 450r throttle cable when you put that carb on.

Thanx, yeah, I was pretty sure I had to get a new cable. Just wanted to know how to disconnect cable from carb.:)

Cool...guess I'll order me a 450r carb,throttle cable, and fuel line.

Thanx guys