PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't quads in the X games?! just a thought

Titanium
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Does anybody know why quads are not in the x games. i think that if they have fmx and step up competition they should defenently have quads in some area of the x games like flatland tricks and freestyle. wats your guys thots on this?:confused:

dangle
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
Does anybody know why quads are not in the x games. i think that if they have fmx and step up competition they should defenently have quads in some area of the x games like flatland tricks and freestyle. wats your guys thots on this?:confused:

X-games are getting weaker every year... the freestyle comps this year where bogus... I'll take the gravity games over X anyday...

Mike

honduh440
01-02-2006, 06:41 PM
this is my opinion..... but quads have 2 maybe 3 guys that are 3/4 the way to the level where quads need to be before it happens

400exrules
01-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
this is my opinion..... but quads have 2 maybe 3 guys that are 3/4 the way to the level where quads need to be before it happens

they should atleast let jon run out their a do a flip at the xgames, just for the hell of it.

Sjorge450R
01-02-2006, 06:51 PM
quading is still trying to break through to the public. If you ask people questions about quading they will be like wtf are you talking about. But if you ask someone something about dirtbikes, you will get alot of people that know that stuff. Just give it some time.

theTman
01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
im sick of bike fmx now a days....all you see is a damn backflip

Mxjunkie
01-02-2006, 06:58 PM
they have had some of the dumbest damn sports in the xgames so I'm sure quads will get in there eventually..

01-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by dangle
X-games are getting weaker every year... the freestyle comps this year where bogus... I'll take the gravity games over X anyday...

Mike Gravity games is out, Dew Action Sports Tour is in.

01-02-2006, 07:37 PM
It's because of quad riders "REPUTATIONS"

dirt308
01-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I don't undertand how we get such bad reputations. All my neighbors come out and sit on their porches to watch me just mess around in my woods but then some seem to think that we are always in the way or things.

Titanium
01-02-2006, 07:46 PM
4 wheelers aroun here don't have a good or bad rep. There kinda neutral i guess u could say. some ppl encourage u to ride. and then u have others that soon as u start ur quad up they callin in a complaint for either dust bein thrown up or noise. but up until recently we could ride our 4 wheelers on the roads long as we had insurance on them.

400exc
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
yea around my area quads are nutruel too

Hondadudeehhhh
01-02-2006, 07:49 PM
fqx didnt get stepped up until this year. The standard for fqx 2 years ago was a holy man, not its the rock solid. I also think there was a lack of competition. Now we have 2 huge teams going bigger and bigger each show. Its only a matter of time

Honda TRX250ex
01-02-2006, 07:50 PM
becasue were to good for them and that would sell out are sport :o

Titanium
01-02-2006, 08:22 PM
how come we don't see more 4 wheeler events on tv then. all i see is GNCC which is still cool but arn't there fmx competitions too?

Hondadudeehhhh
01-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
becasue were to good for them and that would sell out are sport :o

how would popularity sell our sport out? It would only make it better.

trx400exxracer
01-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I was riding at some of our riding land away from my house and there are some of the nicest neighbors we have out there

and my neighbor stops me when I am cutting some killer fast timed lap times and says does that thing have a muffler or something

I told him I had the queit core in my hmf which I did

he said it was giving him a migrane and his son was playing loud music up at the shop and he came and asked me if I had the quiet insert in

I geuss it is things people have heard about quads

he is a great guy but I mean it is our land out in the middle of no where (litterly) I mean in this town there is 2 churches some where and 2 soda machines in town and 1 of them works and I had my quiet core in my hmf what more could you ask from me:confused:

Titanium
01-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
I was riding at some of our riding land away from my house and there are some of the nicest neighbors we have out there

and my neighbor stops me when I am cutting some killer fast timed lap times and says does that thing have a muffler or something

I told him I had the queit core in my hmf which I did

he said it was giving him a migrane and his son was playing loud music up at the shop and he came and asked me if I had the quiet insert in

I geuss it is things people have heard about quads

he is a great guy but I mean it is our land out in the middle of no where (litterly) I mean in this town there is 2 churches some where and 2 soda machines in town and 1 of them works and I had my quiet
core in my hmf what more could you as
k from me:confused:

I had sumthin similar happen to me a couple of weeks ago. my neighbor that has a yz 250 and its piped and really loud now u would think that sumbody like them wouldn't make a noise complaint but they did and that was when i was runnin a stock pipe. I think the guy is a hipocrit (sp) i've never made a noise complaint on him and he rides his bike till nearly 11 at nite sumtimes.

Honda TRX250ex
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
how would popularity sell our sport out? It would only make it better.
scarstic.
it would make it better. if you look people dont bash people on dirtbikes like they do to us on quads. i think its because they always see it on tv and such

Hondadudeehhhh
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
scarstic.
it would make it better. if you look people dont bash people on dirtbikes like they do to us on quads. i think its because they always see it on tv and such

no i think people bash atv riders because a lot of people who ride quad are dumb red necks. You can't deny that, ive ridden quads/dirt bikes my entire life. 60% of riders make atv'ing look like a joke. Dirt biking is taken more professionally because there are more dirt bike racers then there are recreational dirt bikers.

Titanium
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
scarstic.

I agree. that's y i think we need more 4 wheeler events on other channels than oln. i think we need to see 4 wheelers on Speed channel or maybe even NBC ABC etc... because everybody aroun here thinks everytime u say u ride 4 wheelers they think that u ride a big 4x4 and are kind of a little kid thing like go karts.

400exrules
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Titanium
because everybody aroun here thinks everytime u say u ride 4 wheelers they think that u ride a big 4x4

yah, thats pretty much how it goes around here, except for a few people

everyone ask's me what i ride, and i say a 400ex....and they kinda sit their, and their like.....mmm whats that.

Atkins
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Im sure they could get a dozen quad riders that could bust out competitive tricks with each other for a comp.

Titanium
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
yah, thats pretty much how it goes around here, except for a few people

everyone ask's me what i ride, and i say a 400ex....and they kinda sit their, and their like.....mmm whats that.

I kno! and wat i really hate is when ppl r like aren't u a little old for that. then ur like doin wat? then they say to still be ridin aroun in go karts. it jus really torque's me when ppl do that.:devil: :mad: :grr: