PDA

View Full Version : USC vs. TEXAS

je450
01-02-2006, 05:53 PM
ok guys whos your pick? i think vince Young and the longhorns are going to bring it and end the USC dynasty.

quads14589
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
nah dude usc is going to romp on them money down.

Cody_300ex
01-02-2006, 05:57 PM
USC is gunna stomp em.

jwick07
01-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Im so damn sick of the condoms it ruins football

quads14589
01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
lol:D

paul01400ex
01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
usc deffinitly

Hondadudeehhhh
01-02-2006, 07:56 PM
USC played a couple games that were pretty close and texas womped on a lot of team. Then again the only team texas played that was any good was ohio state. Im a huge long horns fan though so i hope they win. Hopefully this game will match the miami vs. ohio state game a couple years ago. That was the best football game i think i have ever seen in my life, its going to take a lot to top that.

hardkoratvmxr
01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Lets Go Texas!!!!!:D

zforcefx
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Texas will take it but itll deff. be a good game and we all will get to see 2 of the best players goin at it with young and bush on the field....

Butters
01-02-2006, 08:42 PM
the longhons defense is going to break reggie bush's legs, and then vince young is going to run and pass all over usc.

je450
01-02-2006, 09:19 PM
butters got that rite. usc has not play a tem like texas dont get me wrong i deffinately respect usc it takes a good team to do what they have dont the past couple years but i think there luck has run out.

dshfearh
01-02-2006, 09:22 PM
i want texas to win but i cant say i like either. i think if either of them had to play teams in the SEC this post wouldn't exist.

300ex13
01-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Lets go Texas...im tired of hearing everything about the USC "dynasty"...Longhorns need to beat them so i quite hearing about USC

zforcefx
01-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 300ex13
Lets go Texas...im tired of hearing everything about the USC "dynasty"...Longhorns need to beat them so i quite hearing about USC Yeah i hate how everyone is sayin this years USC is the best college football team ever...Maybe if they get past texas then they can think that untill then there just another good team...

Butters
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by dshfearh
i want texas to win but i cant say i like either. i think if either of them had to play teams in the SEC this post wouldn't exist.

yeah right. :rolleyes: who georgia, or maybe LSU. bring it on. Texas would whoop them both.

K_Fulk
01-02-2006, 10:59 PM
USC hasnt played a defense like texas's. And USC's D isnt anything to write home about. So texas gets my vote.

redlineranger
01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Butters
yeah right. :rolleyes: who georgia, or maybe LSU. bring it on. Texas would whoop them both.

2004 team of auburn woulda stomped there ***(i know, last years team but still)

lsu and georgia both just plain suck

Hondadudeehhhh
01-03-2006, 09:37 AM
georgia doesnt suck, they had a good year. THey lost the game last nigth but it was a very good come back, being down 21 in the first quarter then coming back hard. I give Georgia big credit for having the year they did. I wouldnt say a team that was in the top 10 sucks

redlineranger
01-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
georgia doesnt suck, they had a good year. THey lost the game last nigth but it was a very good come back, being down 21 in the first quarter then coming back hard. I give Georgia big credit for having the year they did. I wouldnt say a team that was in the top 10 sucks

your right, i shouldnt have included them in the suck list..... but I aint changing my mind about LSU

Hondadudeehhhh
01-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
..... but I aint changing my mind about LSU

i dont blame you :p

Butters
01-03-2006, 09:55 AM
2004 team of auburn woulda stomped there ***(i know, last years team but still)

lsu and georgia both just plain suck

we're talking about this year, but i highly doubt auburn would have stomped Texas.

dshfearh
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
we're talking about this year, but i highly doubt auburn would have stomped Texas.

i just meant the SEC is a much harder conference than any other conference in my opinion. Texas and USC played maybe 3 tough teams all season. almost every game in the SEC is a tough one.
and yes this year we didn't have any GREAT teams but almost every year we have several with really good seasons.

on another note i do think Auburns team last year could have beaten Texas. Auburn should have been in the national championship and not Oklahoma. I dont think they could have beaten USC but i think they would have played them a MUCH better game. USC was just unbelievable last year even though it makes me sick to say that.

redlineranger
01-03-2006, 11:35 AM

i know when i said that i knew that this year's team, no way

but last years team would be a good match for texas... that'd be a hell of a defensive game because i think last year texas' defense was 1st or 2nd and auburn was 3rd. i just hope texas kicks USC's *** this year

z400roosteR
01-03-2006, 01:00 PM
USC is what like 35-0? They are a frieght train, not to mention their like 48.4 points per game. Texas is going to get raped!
:muscle:

K_Fulk
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
The same was true for Miami before OSU beat them.

DaleJrFan
01-03-2006, 02:29 PM
This game depends on turnovers and special teams play, which I think will boil down to a big punt or kick return to set up field positon late in the game for one team or another. Both teams can score but the UT D-fence hasnt seen a high power offense like USC either. Look at the OOhio St game, good game but there was a few key plays that got UT out of a jam.

It will be a good game but I say USC 21- UT 17.

gojk
01-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by dshfearh
i just meant the SEC is a much harder conference than any other conference in my opinion. Texas and USC played maybe 3 tough teams all season. almost every game in the SEC is a tough one.
and yes this year we didn't have any GREAT teams but almost every year we have several with really good seasons.

on another note i do think Auburns team last year could have beaten Texas. Auburn should have been in the national championship and not Oklahoma. I dont think they could have beaten USC but i think they would have played them a MUCH better game. USC was just unbelievable last year even though it makes me sick to say that.

Just because all of the teams in the SEC are closely matched to each other doesn't make it the toughest conference. This year the BCS has chosen wisely and the right teams are duking it out for the championship. These are two of the best teams ever in college football. Both are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else this season.

FoxRacing81
01-03-2006, 07:51 PM
USC in a high scoring game, but I think USC stays in control the whole game.

One thing, how come 3rd Ranked Penn State has to play a 22nd Ranked FSU team? Stupid if you ask me.

K_Fulk
01-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Beacuse florida state won there confrence championship and got an automatic bcs bid.

nowukno
01-03-2006, 08:20 PM
I predict .... USC 31 - Texas 21

USC is on a different level than anybody else in the country. How can anybody doubt them or bet against them with a win streak like that. Everybody was saying the same thing last year about how Oklahoma would win cause USC had not played anybody. What was that score?..... 55 to 14? Don't get me wrong , Texas is a great football team but nobody can beat USC this year. Reggie Bush will show the country why he won the heisman and tear apart the Texas defense. It's not like Texas had a tough schedule this year anyway , the Big 12 is weak. They did beat Ohio State but wasn't that the first game of the year. No way they beat Ohio State now. But guess we will just have to wait and see tommorrow night.

je450
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
all this talk of usc not being able to be beat will soon end.period.

nowukno
01-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Anyone else catch the Penn State/Florida State game. What a great game that was , i really didn't care who won but that was one of the best games i have seen in some time. Congrats to Penn State on a hard fought victory. I feel sorry for that Florida State kicker though.

z400roosteR
01-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
One thing, how come 3rd Ranked Penn State has to play a 22nd Ranked FSU team? Stupid if you ask me.
Wanna know whats stupid? Oregon getting the ****ty bowl they did, they always get screwed cause they're Pac-10. they went 10-1 this year....their only loss was to USC! the defending champs on like I said a 30+ game winning streak. Now did they play poorly against the sooners? Yes and IMO that was a poor representation of the powerhouse Oregon really was this year! I mean teams got better bowls with weaker schedules and more losses...WTF:cuss:

nowukno
01-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
Wanna know whats stupid? Oregon getting the ****ty bowl they did, they always get screwed cause they're Pac-10. they went 10-1 this year....their only loss was to USC! the defending champs on like I said a 30+ game winning streak. Now did they play poorly against the sooners? Yes and IMO that was a poor representation of the powerhouse Oregon really was this year! I mean teams got better bowls with weaker schedules and more losses...WTF:cuss:

I agree it's a bunch of crap. Oregon is alot better than they played against Oklahoma. Oregon should have been playing Ohio State. Notre Dame only got in because there name. They had a two losses and one was against a losing team (michigan state 5-6). California had the same thing happen to them last year.

mxdad
01-04-2006, 03:27 AM
Texas has the number 1 offense in the country and USC has the 87th ranked pass defense in the country. As long as Texas doesn't make stupid mistakes/turnovers they should be able to pass all over USC and win this game.

Fasteryfz
01-04-2006, 05:11 AM
To the guy sticking up for Georgia..........................Just remember Georgia is Florida's b!otch!

I love playing spoiler and Georgia fans are the rudest bunch of rednecks I've ever friggun met!

01-04-2006, 06:38 AM

Just goes to show Oregon was way overrated. Ranked #6 and got dominated by an unrank Sooner team. The close score was not a true indication of how dominant the Sooners were. Score should have ended 24-7 had the dumbass officials not called that fumble on the one inch line on Peterson.
Same crap happened last year with Cal whinning about not being in a BCS bowl and when they played Texas Tech, they were murdered! The Pac 10 has one really good team, USC and that's it!

dreww221
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
your right, i shouldnt have included them in the suck list..... but I aint changing my mind about LSU

40-3 did anybody see a little game called the Peach bowl friday night. They looked like a team that really sucks. 11-2 with a first year head coach, man they really suck.

dreww221
01-04-2006, 09:15 AM

Are you serious? They got screwed because they went 10-1 in the Pac-10. My local high school could go 10-1 in the Pac-10, that conference is a joke. They only get the recognition that they do is because 85% of the country's sportswriters are on the west coast. The same writers that claim USC was the 2003 national champions. If any one would like to see the 2003 national championship trophy it's in a trophy case in Baton Rouge, LA ,at the campus of "sucky" football team named LSU, which won the championship on the field (in the Sugar Bowl) not by a bunch of writers who said USC was the champion which is meaningless, they didn't win anything on the field like LSU did. This whole 3-peat thing is a friggin joke, they will only repeat this year IF they win.

By the way REDLINE RANGER I see your from AL. you must be an Auburn fan. If LSU sucks where does that put your mighty Auburn war eagles? (whatever the freack that is). They did put up a good showing against Wisconsin. Did they win that game? I missed the ending.

Butters
01-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by dreww221
Are you serious? They got screwed because they went 10-1 in the Pac-10. My local high school could go 10-1 in the Pac-10, that conference is a joke. They only get the recognition that they do is because 85% of the country's sportswriters are on the west coast. The same writers that claim USC was the 2003 national champions. If any one would like to see the 2003 national championship trophy it's in a trophy case in Baton Rouge, LA ,at the campus of "sucky" football team named LSU, which won the championship on the field (in the Sugar Bowl) not by a bunch of writers who said USC was the champion which is meaningless, they didn't win anything on the field like LSU did. This whole 3-peat thing is a friggin joke, they will only repeat this year IF they win.

By the way REDLINE RANGER I see your from AL. you must be an Auburn fan. If LSU sucks where does that put your mighty Auburn war eagles? (whatever the freack that is). They did put up a good showing against Wisconsin. Did they win that game? I missed the ending.

thank you. i have been telling everyone that usc did not win a national championship then.

oregon is way overrated. ou wasn't anywhere near the caliber of team that they have been and still beat them.

the only reason i call lsu sucky is cause they beat oklahoma in that sugar bowl. which lsu won the national championship for not usc.

01-04-2006, 10:25 AM
another thing that has haunted teams is the heisman... eric crouch won it and lost in the rose bowl to miami, jason white won it for OU lost to lsu, and last yr jason leinart won it and won the ntl ship but this year could be a different story and i think it gets teams cocky thinkin that they are too good to be stopped, i quoted eric crouch winning it, ken dorsey had one of the better games of his career, willis magahee had a great game untill the poor knee incident, those two were both close candidates for the heisman, i think it fires up the other team that had a candidate that lost running for the heisman.

good luck to both teams. GO TEXAS!!!!! HOOK EM' HORNS

Hondadudeehhhh
01-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
Anyone else catch the Penn State/Florida State game. What a great game that was , i really didn't care who won but that was one of the best games i have seen in some time. Congrats to Penn State on a hard fought victory. I feel sorry for that Florida State kicker though.

Although the second half was very boring, OT was sweet. Im so happy Penn State won. I am a michigan fan but i wish Penn State would have beat Michigan so they had a chance at a National Champion ship or at least they could have been ranked number 2.

asdfasdf
01-04-2006, 12:07 PM

LSU IS lucky. both alabama and auburn should have beat them but we just have terrible field goal kickers. how bout that tennessee game eh?

dreww221
01-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by asdfasdf
LSU IS lucky. both alabama and auburn should have beat them but we just have terrible field goal kickers. how bout that tennessee game eh?

I don't think "should have" counts for much in college football, but I'll be sure to check into that.

According to your thoughts that Tennessee game wasn't that bad. LSU "SHOULD HAVE" won, they had two dropped passes in the end zone during that game. Thanks for lifting my spirits about that game, I had been looking at the loss all wrong, it was a "SHOULD HAVE" win.
Hopefully that will help LSU in the polls. I wonder if they count "SHOULD HAVE" wins

Butters
01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
seriously there is no such thing as a should have in college football. if so it would have happened.

Bush0102
01-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I think USC will roll over texas. They are a much more complete and all-around balanced team.

Originally posted by jwick07
Im so damn sick of the condoms it ruins football

haha a little note of interest for you and me...both Mack Brown and Pete Carrol were SAEs.

user101
01-04-2006, 04:18 PM
USC

knighttime
01-04-2006, 05:35 PM
will win:eek2:

:bandit:

I don't know how they are gonna stop Reggie Bush, but I think Texas will win by 10-17 points.

quads14589
01-04-2006, 06:28 PM
usc is rompin them 7 zip so far and missed a 4th down converson:eek2:

dshfearh
01-04-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't think "should have" counts for much in college football, but I'll be sure to check into that.

According to your thoughts that Tennessee game wasn't that bad. LSU "SHOULD HAVE" won, they had two dropped passes in the end zone during that game. Thanks for lifting my spirits about that game, I had been looking at the loss all wrong, it was a "SHOULD HAVE" win.
Hopefully that will help LSU in the polls. I wonder if they count "SHOULD HAVE" wins

i didn't say anything about it counting in the polls. im just saying it was a close game and what coulda been. you dont have to be an *** about it. i mean if you really want to argue about it how many national championships does LSU have? now how many does alabama have? chew on that one for awhile.

redlineranger
01-04-2006, 06:39 PM

the only thing i've said about auburn this whole thread is how i think that they woulda been a good match for texas and usc last year..... and if u watched the auburn vs lsu game this year, auburns offense did there job, there field goal kicker screwed it for them. and auburn is honestly terrible this year. look what they lost(cadillac, campbell, brown). hence why when i was talking about them earlier i was talking about LAST years team. they may not be very good this year, but LSU werent the ****s and giggles this year either.....

Ridin' Jesse
01-04-2006, 06:48 PM
USC!

One_Bad_400
01-04-2006, 06:58 PM
i'm going with TEXAS!!! lol... and i just got a call to wager the game.. but i told them i wasnt in becasue its going to be a close game... lol... but i might call back and put a few bucks on TEXAS... lol

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 07:22 PM
who liked that interception? i loved how the ref said undisputable

redlineranger
01-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by fast_enough
who liked that interception? i loved how the ref said undisputable

yea usc fans were booing on the call but then they seen the replay on the big screen and shut up

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 07:28 PM
They got the touchdown, i'm w/ texas but they shouldnt have got that one he was down

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
ooo who says USC is gonna win again?

K_Fulk
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Usc cant tackle for crap.

01-04-2006, 07:44 PM
looks like we have texas fans on here by 12%

yeah i voted for them too

they are sick no doubt

fast_enough
01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Texas has got it woot woot, 20 bux for me

01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
USC sucks! Even with the refs on their side they are still going to get their *** kicked!!! Go big 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Ridin' Jesse
01-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Texas shouldnt even have 6 of their points fom that lateral to a touchdown...

hardkoratvmxr
01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Go Texas:D TOUCHDOWN 22-17 TEXAS

Matt400ex_17
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
USC is getting some pretty kind spots and VINCE owns leinart. That was a B/S call with the lateral

One_Bad_400
01-04-2006, 10:05 PM
38 to 39!! WHAT NOW ******ES!!! TEXAS ALL THE WAY!!! 19 SECONDS LEFT!!!

hardkoratvmxr
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
AHells yea that a baby vince texas is bada** Texas is #1

zforcefx
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Looks to me like they picked the wrong heisman...im pretty sure young has proved he deserves it where is ol 619 "bush" at...

Cody_300ex
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Congrats texas, ya'll lucky chits had some good refs.

One_Bad_400
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
Congrats texas, ya'll lucky chits had some good refs. 3

HAHA!! ya i agree... one on where his knee was on the ground... and another he didnt even land in the touchdown and they counted it...

hardkoratvmxr
01-04-2006, 10:11 PM
TEXAS ARE THE NATIONAL CHAMPS 41-38

K_Fulk
01-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Wow good game.

Butters
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM
i've said it since last year, and now its true.

i can't believe what leinart said.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tp300ex
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM
OMG that was the best game i have seen in a good 3 years!!!:devil: :devil:

GO TEXAS :blah: :macho :blah: :macho

zforcefx
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
OMG that was the best game i have seen in a good 3 years!!!:devil: :devil:

GO TEXAS :blah: :macho :blah: :macho You must have missed the penn state vs. flordia state game last night but i must admit this was a great game

je450
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
were you at usc boys talk your s##t now. come on lets hear all the bull s##t excuses. GO LONGHORNS

prepracing
01-04-2006, 10:20 PM
last nights bowl game, and tonites national champ. game were the 2 best major bowl games that I have ever seen. Give it up for UT :macho

01-04-2006, 10:23 PM
leinart is a B*tch. how does he honestly think his team is better then Texas? They couldn't stop one guy the entire time. VINCE YOUNG IS GOD

Fred55
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

HAHA!! ya i agree... one on where his knee was on the ground... and another he didnt even land in the touchdown and they counted it...

Ok, even if he was down there, it was like at the 5 or closer, so im pretty sure they woulda scored anyways, and you DONT have to land in the endzone to have it be a TD, you must just cross the plane with the ball.

01-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Ok, even if he was down there, it was like at the 5 or closer, so im pretty sure they woulda scored anyways, why couldnt they get a first down then on 4th and 2????????????

01-04-2006, 10:43 PM
ya no crap what was leinart thinkin "i still think we are the better team, they just had more breaks than us" who won buddy boy, GO HORNS!!!!!!!

who thinks vince is goin to the NFL like the ESPN guys were sayin??

Butters
01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by EXer #33
ya no crap what was leinart thinkin "i still think we are the better team, they just had more breaks than us" who won buddy boy, GO HORNS!!!!!!!

no i think he should stay with texas, and go for another championship. that or go to dallas.

knighttime
01-04-2006, 10:44 PM

i think he might

01-04-2006, 10:45 PM
ya im from nebraska but i respect the texas teams i think he should stay another year

01-04-2006, 10:45 PM
vince is definately going to the NFL. the Saints are going to pick him up though, Texas definately wont take another quarterback. Titans will either get LEinart or Young depending on which QB the saints decide to pick

Butters
01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
vince is definately going to the NFL. the Saints are going to pick him up though, Texas definately wont take another quarterback. Titans will either get LEinart or Young depending on which QB the saints decide to pick

don't say that new orleans is such a piece of trash. at least send him to houston.

knighttime
01-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm not saying that Reggie Bush doesnt deserve to be the #1 pick, but maybe there is some doubt now. He may not be big enough to get more than 15 carries during an NFL game. Although he could play some receiver. I think I'd draft Vince Young #1 overall even with Carr at QB for the Texans. Maybe they can get someone to trade for him.

01-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by zforcefx
You must have missed the penn state vs. flordia state game last night but i must admit this was a great game

Are you serious, those were 2 of the worst teams I've seen this bowl season!! Where in the hell is each team's offense!
Can someone please kick a freakn' field goal. Both teams sucked!!!!!!!!!!

Big 12 rules, best conference without question!!!!!!!!!!!

Butters
01-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
Are you serious, those were 2 of the worst teams I've seen this bowl season!! Where in the hell is each team's offense!

i wouldn't say they are the best, but they do have a tendency to produce some of the better teams of all time. Oklahoma and Texas.

nowukno
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Earlier in this thread i predicted USC would win easily. Well now im gonna be a man and say i was wrong obviously. Looked like USC had it wraped up but Vince Young was amazing. What a great game is was , i didn't want it to end. Next year i expect Texas vs. West Virginia in the national championship (if Vince Young returns). West Virginia has an awesome running game and a cupcake schedule next year. Ofcourse i will be at all the Virginia Tech home games and some road games rooting on my hokies. Maybe they can have another good year and maybe have some luck and make it to the national championship.

Fasteryfz
01-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
I'm not saying that Reggie Bush doesnt deserve to be the #1 pick, but maybe there is some doubt now. He may not be big enough to get more than 15 carries during an NFL game. Although he could play some receiver. I think I'd draft Vince Young #1 overall even with Carr at QB for the Texans. Maybe they can get someone to trade for him.

I think Lindell White will make a bigger impact in the NFL. Maybe not his first couple years but he will be a big time running back. He has power and speed, two things that work well in the NFL.

dreww221
01-05-2006, 09:11 AM
USC fans you should hold your heads up today. You can still claim to be national champions this year just like you did in 2003 when you didn't win the national championship game. I guess thats a three peat right?

Bush0102
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike

1. Vince Young will probably stay with Texas. He knows he can win another national title and he knows he'll win the heisman next year. Then again, he could also possibly suffer a career ending injury. He's already stated twice that he will stay next year, but last night when the press asked him if he will enter the draft, he kinda shrugged the question off so who knows.

2. The texans will take reggie bush, no doubt. They have too much invested in David Carr. Matt Leinart has already said he won't play for New Orleans (And after firing their coach, and undoubtedly losing most of their decent free agents, i really think the franchise is going to implode. I really honestly think they will be 0-16 next year). Rumors are that New Orleans will trade their first round draft pick. So whoever trades for that spot will most likely land Leinart, and if not, he goes to the Titans (I hope). Vince Young will probably be a bit deeper in the first round, because i see Jay Cutler and Charlie Whitehurst going before Young.

3. Last night's game was awesome, but its awful that bad officiating had to mar the final result. The PSU vs. FSU game was awesome too, i dont care what you say. Any 3OT game with teams coached by the winningest and most respected men in college football is going to be good.

4. Butters, what the hell are you talking about? UT can't just "send Vince Young to Dallas or Houston." Do you not understand the concept of the draft? Dallas will have one of the last picks, and i highly doubt any of the hyped-up QBs will still remain. Houston will no doubt take Reggie Bush.

Bush0102
01-05-2006, 09:43 AM

Umm, actually not. The SEC has more teams in the top 25, and most are ranked higher than the Big 12 Teams (with the exception of texas of course).

BIG 12 TEAMS
1. Texas
20. Texas Tech
22. Oklahoma
24. Nebraska

SEC TEAMS
6. LSU
8. Alabama
10. Georgia
12. Florida
14. Auburn

Thats 5 SEC teams in the top 15 as opposed to 1 for the Big 12. One team can't make a whole conference. I agree, the Big 12 is a tough conference that exposes others like the PAC 10, MAC, Big East, etc. for the jokes they really are...but the SEC is a better all-around conference.

And for those who think Vince is "definitely" going to the NFL, read this. Do some research before you start making statements.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2280007

01-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Umm, actually not. The SEC has more teams in the top 25, and most are ranked higher than the Big 12 Teams (with the exception of texas of course).

BIG 12 TEAMS
1. Texas
20. Texas Tech
22. Oklahoma
24. Nebraska

SEC TEAMS
6. LSU
8. Alabama
10. Georgia
12. Florida
14. Auburn

Thats 5 SEC teams in the top 15 as opposed to 1 for the Big 12. One team can't make a whole conference. I agree, the Big 12 is a tough conference that exposes others like the PAC 10, MAC, Big East, etc. for the jokes they really are...but the SEC is a better all-around conference.

And for those who think Vince is "definitely" going to the NFL, read this. Do some research before you start making statements.

I think we've proven the rankings don't mean a whole lot though haven't we??
Oregon, ranked #5, remember them?? Whining about not getting a BCS bid and unranked OU takes them down!!

Remember last year? Cal was in the same situation, highly ranked and also whining about not getting a BCS bid. Texas Tech beats them down in the Holiday bowl!

So how many teams ranked in the top 25 doesn't hold alot of weight with me!
Every Big 12 team going into their bowl games were under dogs if I remember correctly. They ended up finishing 5-3, not too bad for a conference that was supposedly "down" this year. Oh, and BTW, a team from the same conference just won the national championship!

JRP
01-05-2006, 10:54 AM
vince young is sick as hell! hes so quick for his size.

dreww221
01-05-2006, 11:38 AM
I think we've proven the rankings don't mean a whole lot though haven't we??
Oregon, ranked #5, remember them?? Whining about not getting a BCS bid and unranked OU takes them down!!

Remember last year? Cal was in the same situation, highly ranked and also whining about not getting a BCS bid. Texas Tech beats them down in the Holiday bowl!

So how many teams ranked in the top 25 doesn't hold alot of weight with me!
Every Big 12 team going into their bowl games were under dogs if I remember correctly. They ended up finishing 5-3, not too bad for a conference that was supposedly "down" this year. Oh, and BTW, a team from the same conference just won the national championship!
Both those teams are in the PAC-10 which proves that the PAC-10 is a very weak conference. You can have a great record in that conference but once you match up with real teams (SEC,BIG12) they can't stay on the field with them. With the exception of USC which gets all of the west coast talent out of high school.

HondaEXrider22
01-05-2006, 12:58 PM
The NY Jets might hopfully get Reggie Bush if they do a package deal with Chad Pennington/Jon Abraham/Curtis Martin. It all depends.

hondardr4life
01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Hell yea! Texas and Penn state both won! this was a good year, lol.

knighttime
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22
The NY Jets might hopfully get Reggie Bush if they do a package deal with Chad Pennington/Jon Abraham/Curtis Martin. It all depends.

ok so the Jets are gonna trade a guy with a blown-out arm (pennington), a RB who is past his prime by far (Martin), and abraham lincoln, lol (whotf is that guy) for Reggie Bush???:confused:

ahhh, i dont think so:huh

knighttime
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by HondaEXrider22

it all depends if they can find an NFL gm who is high on crack at the time, lol

Butters
01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Hell yea! Texas and Penn state both won! this was a good year, lol.

nowukno
01-05-2006, 05:34 PM
ok so the Jets are gonna trade a guy with a blown-out arm (pennington), a RB who is past his prime by far (Martin), and abraham lincoln, lol (whotf is that guy) for Reggie Bush???:confused:

ahhh, i dont think so:huh

You obviously know nothing about football. John Abraham is one of the best defensive ends in the NFL. He only had like 11 sacks and alomost 60 tackles this year and 6 forced fumbles. Oh yeah , he has only been to 3 pro bowls in his 6 years.

DaleJrFan
01-05-2006, 05:44 PM
1) theres no way Bush will end up with the Jets
2) there is a slight chance Young could go #1 to the Texans
3) the Big 12 isnt as strong as they were 5 yrs ago but without a playoff system, there is no way any one confrence can claim they are stronger than another
4) congrats to UT, they are the best this year.

knighttime
01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
You obviously know nothing about football. John Abraham is one of the best defensive ends in the NFL. He only had like 11 sacks and alomost 60 tackles this year and 6 forced fumbles. Oh yeah , he has only been to 3 pro bowls in his 6 years.

settle down hyper-boy, i know plenty about football. John Abraham is a descent player but he and those other two will NOT be involved in a deal for Reggie Bush.

knighttime
01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
1) theres no way Bush will end up with the Jets
2) there is a slight chance Young could go #1 to the Texans
3) the Big 12 isnt as strong as they were 5 yrs ago but without a playoff system, there is no way any one confrence can claim they are stronger than another
4) congrats to UT, they are the best this year.

yes, what he said

:bandit:

nowukno
01-05-2006, 06:03 PM
settle down hyper-boy, i know plenty about football. John Abraham is a descent player but he and those other two will NOT be involved in a deal for Reggie Bush.

LOL

Sorry , sometimes i get a little excited about football.

knighttime
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
LOL

no prob, i'm sorry for goin' off a little too much, i get the same way, lol

:ermm:

:scary:

knighttime
01-05-2006, 06:25 PM
LOL

is Virginia Tech gonna crack down on Marcus Vick for steppin on the back of that linemans knee?

Frank Beamer is a cool guy though. He made Vick go to the other teams locker room and apologize. But i heard the dude whose knee he stepped on didnt really acknowledge it.:ermm:

Looks like vick needs to act like Vince Young or he'll end up being a crack saleman instead of an NFL qb.

nowukno
01-05-2006, 07:05 PM
is Virginia Tech gonna crack down on Marcus Vick for steppin on the back of that linemans knee?

Frank Beamer is a cool guy though. He made Vick go to the other teams locker room and apologize. But i heard the dude whose knee he stepped on didnt really acknowledge it.:ermm:

Looks like vick needs to act like Vince Young or he'll end up being a crack saleman instead of an NFL qb.

They will make an announcement in the next couple days about his punishment. Marcus is a good QB but also a prick. I have heard anywhere from a 1 game suspension to the full season next year since he is still on probation. Guess we will find out soon enough.

01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
while we were on the big 12 teams a while ago, i know this is a texas usc thread just a ? here tho, what did u guys think of that last play in the Alamo Bowl

nowukno
01-05-2006, 09:42 PM
while we were on the big 12 teams a while ago, i know this is a texas usc thread just a ? here tho, what did u guys think of that last play in the Alamo Bowl

I thought it was crazy! The little score on the screen said final. Nebraska were lucky that guy was back there. Great game though. I never would have thought Nebraska would beat Michigan.

DaleJrFan
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I have to root for all the Big 12 teams in the bowl games but the two schools I can't stand is Michigan and Florida St, and they both lost so it was a good bowl season for me.

knighttime
01-06-2006, 02:42 PM

if the guy who had the ball would have ran to his left he would have scored. He had the whole left side of the field to make history. Instead he pretty much was ran out of bounds by 1 player. :ermm:

plus he had a real fast guy behind him that was ready for the pitchback, it should have been a touchdown :ermm:

ESPN would have been showing that play for 20+ years

dshfearh
01-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102

BIG 12 TEAMS
1. Texas
20. Texas Tech
22. Oklahoma
24. Nebraska

SEC TEAMS
6. LSU
8. Alabama
10. Georgia
12. Florida
14. Auburn

THANK YOU. finally somebody else knows what the best conference is.