PDA

View Full Version : a few questions about nitro r/c

redlineranger
01-02-2006, 04:52 PM
ok i have finally fixed my blown/locked up team associated nitro tc3.... its been sittin up for a year and a half and all of the radio equipment is basically dead... gimme a few names on top brand servo's. also what is the best aftermarket pipe to run with a stock .12AE motor? i dont feel like spending big bucks on a new motor some ima just squeeze all the power outta that lil .12. i know upgrading to the 2 speed will help for speed/accelarations.

anyways give me some suggestions on some things i could do. thanks in advance

blackwell17
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
go with a hitec steering servo... i think the 645mg should do u good...as for the pipe i have no clue

i have the 645 in my buggy and love it

redlineranger
01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by blackwell17
go with a hitec steering servo... i think the 645mg should do u good...as for the pipe i have no clue

i have the 645 in my buggy and love it

how much does the hitec stuff cost and how hard are they to take the old ones out and put new servo's in?, ive never messed with any of the radio stuff, ive just blown the motor up so many times, so thats really all i've ever worked on is the motor

dirt308
01-02-2006, 05:54 PM
jr is also good. hitec is a little bit more pricey. I have had quite a few hitec's break but alot of the time it was do to to much stress on it during a race. as for the pipe I'm not familiar with the ae motor I'll try to find some info for you.

redlineranger
01-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by dirt308
jr is also good. hitec is a little bit more pricey. I have had quite a few hitec's break but alot of the time it was do to to much stress on it during a race. as for the pipe I'm not familiar with the ae motor I'll try to find some info for you.

thanks man just when ever you find it let me know... i wonder if we could sticky a nitro and electric r/c thread, or just r/c in general, ive seen alot of r/c threads lately and i think it'd be cool to have a whole thread just about them... just an idea

dirt308
01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
On Team Associated website all their pro drivers are using the dual chamber pipe. I can't find much else other then that pipe. Its also suppose to be a lower noise pipe for competition. Check it out and see what you think.

redlineranger
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
On Team Associated website all their pro drivers are using the dual chamber pipe. I can't find much else other then that pipe. Its also suppose to be a lower noise pipe for competition. Check it out and see what you think.

yea if ur talkin bout the factory team dual chambered it is quieter, but i dont need quieter:devil: .... noise isnt really a factor around here there's this one pipe at the LHS thats 80 bucks and the guy said it's a top name and its the only pipe that he would use, all i know is that its chrome and badass... thanks though

dirt308
01-02-2006, 07:39 PM
the guy at the local shop is probably right. Around here alot of guys run 1/8 buggies so I'm not real familiar with onroad stuff. Ussually at the shop that I worked at we ordered the best parts for the cars the guys were running no cheap things.

Hondaman90
01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey, nice to see other people have gas powered R/C's on here. I own a Traxxas T-Maxx and an E-Maxx! Hitec makes good servo's by the way.

redlineranger
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Hondaman90
Hey, nice to see other people have gas powered R/C's on here. I own a Traxxas T-Maxx and an E-Maxx! Hitec makes good servo's by the way.

yea thats why i was wantin to see if we could get a sticky goin about r/c

400ex28
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
futaba makes some good servo's, and make sure you get a metal gear servo for the sterring.

muddy400EX
01-02-2006, 10:14 PM
futaba, hitec, and jr are all good. i used to be really into rc, might get another someday. here was my beast before i sold it:macho http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/dirtbiker/rc10gt.jpg

CHEVYZ
01-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Wow, more people than I thought on the boards have them. I have a bunch myself.....

dirt308
01-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Heres my 1/8 buggy that I was talking about.

dirt308
01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
heres the rest of them on my pit table in my room. I've bought most of these used off ebay otherwise I wouldn't have so many.

F-16Guy
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
If you want to do a little research, go here:
www.nitroreview.com
Click on Database, and then on pipes. There are lots of reviews on engines, radios, and other stuff, too.

baseballplaya23
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
wanna talk to someone about RC stuff talk to metalmellinum. he has the most rc stuff that i have ever seen. he basically has a damn hobby shop in his room

redlineranger
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
is this dynamite pipe anygood for a stock nitro tc3(team associated)

heres a link

http://h1070866.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=DYN6625

dirt308
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
another place you may want to try to get answers would be
www.rccaraction.com They have a forum specific for nitro tc3's.

redlineranger
01-03-2006, 06:58 PM
another place you may want to try to get answers would be
www.rccaraction.com They have a forum specific for nitro tc3's.

thanks

300ex13
01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
i go to www.ultimaterc.com they seem to have a good forum setup...another with a lot of member is i think www.rctech.net. Ihave always used Futaba servos particularly the s3004, not metal gear but bb and it works nicely.

Hondaman90
01-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Can't get a picture of my E-Maxx right now, but here is my T-Maxx:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/car1.bmp

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/car2.bmp

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/MaxxMan90/car3.bmp

redlineranger
01-06-2006, 06:21 PM
sweet tmaxx hondaman90.... omg i'm so pissed off right now. team associated makes the cheapest got dam pull starters on earth. i pulled it one time earlier(not full length, but no more than 12 inches just like it said) and that son of a b*tch broke. so now i've got to kill 26 dollars on a brand new one of them, until i get some money for a starter box. to sum it up, if you have anything team associated, buy a dam starter box.

sorry i needed to vent, its the 6th one that has broke on me.:mad: :grr:

crday98
01-07-2006, 10:00 AM
here are a few pics of my maxx. i also have a stock revo that i will begin to mod in the spring.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/602000-602999/602788_2_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/602000-602999/602788_7_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/602000-602999/602788_5_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/602000-602999/602788_6_full.jpg

Hondaman90
01-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey I liike that Fantom .18 you got there. Just like mine, but mine is newer! The the pipe is the same too. I'm going to be getting a motorsaver Filter soon.

jwick07
01-07-2006, 01:15 PM
so the only R/C cars that i had ever had were walmart specials.

How much does anaverage set up for these off road R/C cars/trucks cost.

One more question what is the most money you know someone has invested into a set up

YZ400EX
01-07-2006, 01:43 PM
As far as what pipe you are wanting to run, it is dependent upon what power you want..If you want low end power and torque you will want to run a ribbed pipe, if you want top end power speed,you will want to run just any kind of aftermarket pipe with no chambers or bends in it..There is a banana shaped pipe that is supposed to provide an equal amount of low end and high end increase in power, but I have not been happy with them..The brand is not what is important really..its the shape of the pipe, so it depends on what kind of power you are wanting to get. As far as servos go, I have been very happy with JR and Hitec servos. With the steering you will want a metal gear and want it to provide a good amnt of torque and speed. For the throttle the torque isnt needed, but speed is what you want. You can get good servos for anywhere from $35-well over $100 depending on what you want and want to spend..Hope this helps.

redlineranger
01-07-2006, 08:07 PM
nice lookin tmaxx crday98

ok once again i have some questions.... so i go to the local hobbytown usa to buy a stock pull starter and the guy said f*ck a pull starter buy this. and he gave me a hobbico torquemaster 90. its kinda like a bump starter except it's really made for helicopters and planes, but can start nitro cars and trucks alike. ok so the idea is to place the starter wheel under the car where the flywheel comes out at, well on a tc3 the flywheel doesnt come out very far under the car so its a task just getting the starter wheel to touch the flywheel. so i turn the starter over and it spins the wheel except its spinnin it backwards(on a tc3, the backwards spin of the flywheel is to the left), it says on the instructions that if it spins in reverse that you can change polarity to turn it the right way. how do i change polarity?

YZ400EX
01-07-2006, 09:15 PM
there may be a black and a red wire..just put the black where the red goes and the red where the black goes..I would need to see a pic of the bump starter to tell you for sure..you may need to disassemble and cross the wires on the motor..Hope this helps..

redlineranger
01-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
there may be a black and a red wire..just put the black where the red goes and the red where the black goes..I would need to see a pic of the bump starter to tell you for sure..you may need to disassemble and cross the wires on the motor..Hope this helps..

ok this is the control panel... u plug the black and red "banana clips" as hobbico calls them into the far right black and red holes on the panel

http://www.hobbico.com/fieldequip/hcap0302.html

YZ400EX
01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
then yea just put red in the black and black in the red..this should reverse it all

redlineranger
01-07-2006, 09:24 PM
and here is the bump starter.... its has red and black wire with the banana clips that plug to the power panel..... so are you saying to put the black in the red, and the red in the black? i thought that cause's chance of a fire or explosion? anyways here's the link to the starter.

http://www.hobbico.com/fieldequip/hcap3200.html

YZ400EX
01-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Just try it..Thats the only way I can think of to change the polarity..if it fries it take it back and say it never worked..:D ..You should be fine though

redlineranger
01-07-2006, 09:27 PM
ok but what about this...... u have to run the power panel to a 12v battery with gator clips (like jump startin a car).... if i put the black on the red and the red on the black will that f*ck it up?

http://www.hobbico.com/fieldequip/hcap0800.html

sorry these are so many questions but i spent 145 dollars on this thing today and dont wanna screw it up on the first day

YZ400EX
01-07-2006, 10:45 PM
No that should be fine..Its like an electric motor..if you reverse the polarity it will just run backwards..it should be the same with this..

crday98
01-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by jwick07
so the only R/C cars that i had ever had were walmart specials.

How much does anaverage set up for these off road R/C cars/trucks cost.

One more question what is the most money you know someone has invested into a set up i have spent around $3500 on mine including the truck and parts. i guess you can say i basically have two trucks aside of another stock one with all of the extra parts i have. as for the basic trucks, you can get them for around $300-$500.
i have seen people that claim to have for around nearly 10 grand into theirs.:eek2:

redlineranger
01-08-2006, 09:51 AM
No that should be fine..Its like an electric motor..if you reverse the polarity it will just run backwards..it should be the same with this..

well i put the black on red, red on black, and it didnt change anything... i got to where can kinda turn the motor over though.

pastfast125
01-08-2006, 10:58 AM
not to steal anybody's thread, but what is everybody's opinion on the savage .25? Not the limeted edition 3spd, just the regular 2 speed 25?

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pastfast125
not to steal anybody's thread, but what is everybody's opinion on the savage .25? Not the limeted edition 3spd, just the regular 2 speed 25?

The Savage .25 is a great all around truck..even in stock form it can take a beating and keep going..It is very durable..The motor isnt that great, but works well till it can be upgraded. The only thing I dont like about the savage is it is easy to roll over because it sits so high.. I have a Savage .25 for sale with lots of mods if anyone is interested.. Here is a pic of my race setup..Its a GS Storm SUT truggy.. Its a buggy with a truck conversion.. You get the best of both worlds with these..you have the speed and handling of a buggy and the ground clearance of a truck.. I have another GS for sale also, but not the one in this pic..:D

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Lots of money in this one..I do have a stock one for sale though for a good price..

dirt308
01-08-2006, 02:32 PM
your lucky, at the races around here we can't run the smaller tires like the panther komodos and such. They put a tire size limit on all the big races.

redlineranger
01-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by pastfast125

my opinion would be im buying one as soon as i get the money:D

the savage .25 rtr imo is the best truck on the market to bash around with;)

oh and yz400ex i finally got my dam car started. and boy does it run good. small problem though when i got done runnin it i took the motor off to clean all the grime off of it, and theres fuel all over the side.... and i mean like drenched. there was a little gasket where the header of the pipe and the motor meet, but it broke and i just threw it away. could this be why it was leaking?

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
my opinion would be im buying one as soon as i get the money:D

the savage .25 rtr imo is the best truck on the market to bash around with;)

oh and yz400ex i finally got my dam car started. and boy does it run good. small problem though when i got done runnin it i took the motor off to clean all the grime off of it, and theres fuel all over the side.... and i mean like drenched. there was a little gasket where the header of the pipe and the motor meet, but it broke and i just threw it away. could this be why it was leaking?

Yes that gasket is needed and is exactly why you have fuel all over..you are also losing power by not having the gasket there..replace the gasket and it will run better and will keep the truck a whole lot cleaner..:D

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:02 PM
your lucky, at the races around here we can't run the smaller tires like the panther komodos and such. They put a tire size limit on all the big races.

Thats crazy..why would they make you run the big tires on them?? Its usually the big tires that arent allowed..not the other way around..Unless you are running modified monster truck class..maybe thats why, but if not I dont see the problem at all..

dirt308
01-08-2006, 07:24 PM
the place that enforced it the most was a larger race and they just ran a small block and big block class. I think they were hoping to keep the guys who are really serious from getting such a big advantage on everyone who wasn't running a truggy. By the way I saw the wing next to the truck, have any pictures of it with it on?

redlineranger
01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes that gasket is needed and is exactly why you have fuel all over..you are also losing power by not having the gasket there..replace the gasket and it will run better and will keep the truck a whole lot cleaner..:D

thanks bro....... from now on this is the official r/c thread;) . may as well be cus i know recently i've seen like 20 r/c threads so i figured i'd make this one and be the final one.

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I do have some pics of it with the wing on..it broke off so it wasnt on in the pics, but I will take 1 now and post it..

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Here are the pics..

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Pic of the front..

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:37 PM
This truck has lots of upgrades..Perfect race setup..

YZ400EX
01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
thanks bro....... from now on this is the official r/c thread;) . may as well be cus i know recently i've seen like 20 r/c threads so i figured i'd make this one and be the final one.

Glad I could help..If you have any more questions I will be more than happy to help..

redlineranger
01-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Glad I could help..If you have any more questions I will be more than happy to help..

will do.... same to you to if you need help ask i might be able to help;) ... and that goes for everybody else into r/c on here to;)