PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready??? 4th annual Atvriders Dunetopia" Group ride

QuadJunkies
01-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Its that time of year again when we start planning the annual group ride to the Idaho dunes!!I usually post this in the Dune section, but I would like EVERYONE to see this, maybe some of you that have never rode Sand to join us this year and make the 2006 group ride the best ever!!!

this will mark the 4th annual trip toSt. Anthony Sand Dunes (http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_st_anthony.htm)

Saint Anthony is also located very close to the Wyoming border and Yellowstone Park

Each year we reserve Fathers Day wk end since this is generally the best time of year to hit good weather

the dates for the group ride are June 16th-20th (Friday -Tues. leaving Wed)

I have a few threads from the past to give you and idea of the dunes and I can give you whatever info is needed for camping,Elevation for jetting ect...

I posted this thread now to give everyone 6 months to prepare and plan since I know some of you that have come drive a very long ways away to attend the ride .

I look forward to meeting everyone again this year and adding some new faces to the group ride this year! :)

Dunetopia 2005 (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167742&highlight=dunetopia)

More Dunetopia topics (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66364&highlight=dunetopia)
I also have some clip of the dunes Ill re-post soon

QuadJunkies
01-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Anyone who has been to St. A's dunes will tell you its some of the best sand riding you will ever experience. :)

QuadJunkies
01-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I dominate Pappy and bring the Boys.. !!!

I usually leave this trip for just me and Troy to escape, but if ya bring the boys, Ill bring Lil Man and LILQJ :D

Harlen, wanna try and make it out this year?

I would LOVE to get some of the rider who have never been on sand to come out and play... You WONT be dissapointed I promise!

QuadJunkies
01-02-2006, 12:40 PM
I would LOVE to get some of the rider who have never been on sand to come out and play... You WONT be dissapointed I promise!

tdsongster
01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
That looks like an excellent time. A bit a trip for me.

Honda TRX250ex
01-02-2006, 04:13 PM
i wish i could go :( :( :( :( :( :(

Pappy
01-02-2006, 04:17 PM
i will see what i can do.

i can think of worse ways to spend a week:devil:

JOEX
01-02-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm sure going to try to make this work:) :cool:

QuadJunkies
01-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by tdsongster
That looks like an excellent time. A bit a trip for me. thats why ya get a few others to join and share the expense!! :blah:
We had some riders that drove like 18 hours to ride for a week two years ago and had a blast!! :cool:

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

i can think of worse ways to spend a week:devil:

:D :D :D

Heres a vidoe I done of the last trip we took

Dunetopia 2005 (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies349168.wmv)

Must have IE to view

And another clip
http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies309440.wmv

That last one sounds like a plane going down the dune! :eek:

ninis470
01-03-2006, 01:16 AM
anyone from california makin it up there???

ninis470
01-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Anyone who has been to St. A's dunes will tell you its some of the best sand riding you will ever experience. :)
have you guy's made a trip otu to glamis yet???

wilkin250r
01-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

Pappy, if'n you can't make the drive and bring the boys, see about a plane ticket. I'm planning on making the drive, and it's entirely possible I can have an extra quad as well ( or possibly even an extra 2, if you think the little man can handle a 250X).

ZeroLogic
01-03-2006, 11:26 AM
I sure wish I could go.:ermm:

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ninis470
have you guy's made a trip otu to glamis yet???

I personally have not, but have rode with several that have .:)
I would like to go to Glamis for a wk end someday, but the whole atmosphere I dont think I would care for. Most everyone said they liekd that fact the Glamis had alot more riding area, but that St. A's sand is better and as a whole the trip was well worth there drive

.Each to there own I guess :)

We also have some VERY large Dunes and Bowls, the nice thing about them is there is something for everyone here .

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I went down that one^^^ from atop for the 1st time last year and what a rush! :blah: Some of the dunes I still havent been up or down, not sure I ever will!! :o :p

pictures courtesy of Duneguide.

ninis470
01-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I personally have not, but have rode with several that have .:)
I would like to go to Glamis for a wk end someday, but the whole atmosphere I dont think I would care for. Most everyone said they liekd that fact the Glamis had alot more riding area, but that St. A's sand is better and as a whole the trip was well worth there drive

.Each to there own I guess :)

We also have some VERY large Dunes and Bowls, the nice thing about them is there is something for everyone here .
what atmosphere is that??? I've heard alot of great things about st. anthony's, but have never been there. glamis is huge, but i don't know what the actual size is of either. i do know that glamis has a hill call the wall. it's so steep that the sand you disturb will outrun you to the bottom. that was a rush... if you guys ever wanna make a trip to glamis let me know. i'll organize some riders out of my area. we have a trip that we do every 2nd wek of january, for 4 days. but one of the coefounders passed away in a auto accident yesterday, on the way back from pismo. so the trip this year as been cancelled... We have about 120 to 150 rider's attending....

dirtmomma
01-03-2006, 07:32 PM
AH dang here she is ALREADY teasing us :D:D:D:D:D

Wellllllllllll I odn't think we will be going to the ATV Jamboree this year HMMMMMMMMMMM do I hear St. A's calling us maybe??????????? Have to see what the race schedule ect. is like I REALLY REALLY REALLLY REAAALLLLLLYYYYYYYYY wanna come ride w/ you!!!!!!! I'll still be on the lil' ol' 300 LOL, but my boy will have his 450, our kids will DEFINETLY be coming, even lil' man, might have to get the LT80 up & going for this trip :)

Thanks for teasing us AGAIN hahahaha j/k girl thanks for the heads up on the dates!!!

cjj
01-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Any one headed out from the new york area?

04TRX400EX
01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Anyone heading out there from the Phoenix area? Does anyone know how and the hell long that drive would be for me?

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
what atmosphere is that??? I've heard alot of great things about st. anthony's, but have never been there. glamis is huge, but i don't know what the actual size is of either. i do know that glamis has a hill call the wall. it's so steep that the sand you disturb will outrun you to the bottom. that was a rush... if you guys ever wanna make a trip to glamis let me know. i'll organize some riders out of my area. we have a trip that we do every 2nd wek of january, for 4 days. but one of the coefounders passed away in a auto accident yesterday, on the way back from pismo. so the trip this year as been cancelled... We have about 120 to 150 rider's attending.... Im sorry to hear of that :( but I will def. let ya know if we can ever make it yor way, that would be great fun! :blah:

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
AH dang here she is ALREADY teasing us :D:D:D:D:D

Wellllllllllll I odn't think we will be going to the ATV Jamboree this year HMMMMMMMMMMM do I hear St. A's calling us maybe??????????? Have to see what the race schedule ect. is like I REALLY REALLY REALLLY REAAALLLLLLYYYYYYYYY wanna come ride w/ you!!!!!!! I'll still be on the lil' ol' 300 LOL, but my boy will have his 450, our kids will DEFINETLY be coming, even lil' man, might have to get the LT80 up & going for this trip :)

Thanks for teasing us AGAIN hahahaha j/k girl thanks for the heads up on the dates!!! YAAAAAYYY!!! Kimmers might actually come to play in the big Sand box with us !!!! :D

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
Anyone heading out there from the Phoenix area? Does anyone know how and the hell long that drive would be for me? Im gonna just take a quick stab at it and say roughly 17 hours??

QuadJunkies
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM
a word of suggestion this year... alot of the riders get scattered from the 3 major campsites. Its REALLY hard to group everyone like that and I strongly encourange BLM campground this year. They have done a TON of BIG improvements last year and well worth camping there. Its also centrally located between the BIG and smaller stuff and you dont have to ride so far to meet up with the group .They also have fire pits which was nice to gather around at theend of the day. Would be good for us all to do a big cookout :cool: We shared expenses with another group last year ,it was big enogu for all of us and it was very affordable.Theonly thing I dreaed was we dont have an RV so it was redneck bathing for 5 days, thats a toughy for me !!!lol

I will post campsite info . shortly

ninis470
01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
Anyone heading out there from the Phoenix area? Does anyone know how and the hell long that drive would be for me?
i beleive for me, it's just about 14.5 hours. If i can get my old lady to drive a bit it will be a sinch...

ninis470
01-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Im sorry to hear of that :( but I will def. let ya know if we can ever make it yor way, that would be great fun! :blah:
thank you. it's a shame, but also, such is life. yeah let me know. i'm hoping that i can make it up there. might bring a few people with me if i can. how do i make reservations for the blm???

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 12:45 AM
thank you. it's a shame, but also, such is life. yeah let me know. i'm hoping that i can make it up there. might bring a few people with me if i can. how do i make reservations for the blm??? As far as I know right now you dont make reservations, its a 1st come ,first serve. We had freinds go up a day ahead of us(or maybe it was two days) so it was pretty much cleared out before the wk end.Ill find out more if this has changed since last year. ;)

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Im gonna give these guys a buzz ahead of time and see if they can make the trip as well..:blah: they said to give them a bzz when we come up so we could hangfor a day

http://www.alticity.com/shop/productview.aspx?prodid=177

they know Saint Anthonys with there eyes closed!:cool:
Would make some good riding and AWESOME video for me to make too! :D

ninis470
01-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Im gonna give these guys a buzz ahead of time and see if they can make the trip as well..:blah: they said to give them a bzz when we come up so we could hangfor a day

http://www.alticity.com/shop/productview.aspx?prodid=177

they know Saint Anthonys with there eyes closed!:cool:
Would make some good riding and AWESOME video for me to make too! :D
I have a helmet cam set up. your welcome to use any footage that i take (if i make it there)... my fingers are crossed...

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 01:10 AM
I have a helmet cam set up. your welcome to use any footage that i take (if i make it there)... my fingers are crossed... COOOOOOL....:cool:

Natertot426ex
01-04-2006, 10:24 AM
You know Tina that I would love to go. I just don't know If I would have anything to ride. I really missed going last year!!

wilkin250r
01-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Well ***** ****** a ******** son of a ******* ******!!!!

My trip is already starting to fall apart. My ol' Lady wants to go to Wisconsin for two weeks from mid to end of June to visit her family. :mad: :cuss: :grr:

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
You know Tina that I would love to go. I just don't know If I would have anything to ride. I really missed going last year!!

What did you do with your quad???:huh

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

My trip is already starting to fall apart. My ol' Lady wants to go to Wisconsin for two weeks from mid to end of June to visit her family. :mad: :cuss: :grr:

Tell her to have a nice trip! :D

Natertot426ex
01-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I think its going up for sale soon.

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I think its going up for sale soon. why??If you do, I know someone who might be interested

Natertot426ex
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I think I want to turn into a trail rider soon and get something for the wife to ride then this summer get a 450.

I will part it out if anything since it is in a pile right now. Unless they want to fork over 4000 for it. and I will put it back together

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I think I want to turn into a trail rider soon and get something for the wife to ride then this summer get a 450.

I will part it out if anything since it is in a pile right now. Unless they want to fork over 4000 for it. and I will put it back together parting it out will be best for you I think cause you wont find too many peeps that will buy it for that nowadays :(

Natertot426ex
01-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Ya that's what I am thinking.

predatorkick@$$
01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Little early ain't it Tina!! LOL
Can't wait for summer to get riding again oh wait it has not stopped for me yet!!

Can't wait for DUNETOPIA 06'!!

Everyone needs too experience our dunes sometime becouse I know it won't be the last!!
http://myspace-336.vo.llnwd.net/00377/63/35/377415336_l.jpg

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by predatorkick@$$
Can't wait for summer to get riding again oh wait it has not stopped for me yet!!

Everyone needs too experience our dunes sometime becouse I know it won't be the last!!

Nah... Not when you figure how far some ofthese peeps have to drive!! :scary: lol I figure 6 months should give EVERYONE plenty of time to plan and save up for the trip our West :)
so, any owrd on any changes in the BLM cmapgrounds this year?? Anybody needing to reserve ??

JOEX
01-04-2006, 11:54 PM

Awesome pic!:cool:

QuadJunkies
01-04-2006, 11:56 PM
awwww... What is that I C in the Background???!! :D :cool:

predatorkick@$$
01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Awesome pic!:cool:

thanks!!

Tina I have not heard anything as far as changes at blm campground but when I do will post it !!

the pic is on top of middle bowl looking at choke!!

AtvMxRider
01-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I'll be there

dirtmomma
01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I'll be there

OH geesh now I GOTTTA GO!!!

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 11:34 PM

the pic is on top of middle bowl looking at choke!!
thats what I thought :D

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I'll be there :eek:

LMAO!! This trip will most DEF. be the most interesting trip YET! :blah:

you got a quad now??!!

QuadJunkies
01-05-2006, 11:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

AtvMxRider
01-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I was just joking:devil: . I just wanted to see if I could get you excited;) :D

QuadJunkies
01-06-2006, 11:01 AM
I was just joking:devil: . I just wanted to see if I could get you excited;) :D Friggin tease !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

SandRaptorRandy
01-06-2006, 11:37 AM

Hey DM, Julie and I have been planning a trip to St Anthonys

If your serious about going maybe we can caravan together :cool:

Where is the closest place to stay if we motel it and just haul out
to the staging area to ride every day?

QuadJunkies
01-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SandRaptorRandy
Hey DM, Julie and I have been planning a trip to St Anthonys

If your serious about going maybe we can caravan together :cool:

Where is the closest place to stay if we motel it and just haul out
to the staging area to ride every day?

We actually done that for the first three years, We stayed in Rexburg at Best Western,theone in St. Anthonys is a dive from what I have heard, there is alos a couple of other placesthat some of the group has stayed and had good results.The Best Western has a pool and Hot tub so thats an added bonus:D

Ill post some links for Lodging this wk end for everyone :)

SandRaptorRandy
01-06-2006, 04:07 PM
We actually done that for the first three years, We stayed in Rexburg at Best Western,theone in St. Anthonys is a dive from what I have heard, there is alos a couple of other placesthat some of the group has stayed and had good results.The Best Western has a pool and Hot tub so thats an added bonus:D

Ill post some links for Lodging this wk end for everyone :)

Thanks, a hot tub is a must for these old bones after a hard day of duning;)

dirtmomma
01-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks, a hot tub is a must for these old bones after a hard day of duning;)

SISSY GIRL :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: HAHA just kidding ;);)

You guys planning the same time?? I remembered that someone was planning one over on "the other" site but didn't want to say anything cuz we as you I'm sure know have trouble sticking w/ a trip :o That would be cool if we could get a bunch of the locals to go down @ the same time :D:D:D

BTW WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!!!!!!!!

SandRaptorRandy
01-06-2006, 05:47 PM
DM, thanks for the welcome! You should pitch it to the group and see if anyone else is interested. Julie and I have been planning a trip but we had no set date yet. Were pretty flexible on dates as long as we have 2 weeks notice We just didn't want to go by ourselves as we have never been there before.

dirtmomma
01-06-2006, 08:17 PM
DM, thanks for the welcome! You should pitch it to the group and see if anyone else is interested. Julie and I have been planning a trip but we had no set date yet. Were pretty flexible on dates as long as we have 2 weeks notice We just didn't want to go by ourselves as we have never been there before.

Cool well might have to put a shout out over there & it would be nice to have someone to travel(not at a very fast pace either :o/camp w/ locally!! DJ's dying to take the 450 to some big dunes :ermm:

SandRaptorRandy
01-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Sounds good:) Let me know and were there, I to am dying to make a run up some of them big hills on my 700R;)

440exnacsracer
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM
my friends and i are saving up for it....for next year lol. on a serious note, we are saving up for a dune trip on the west coast, maybe well make it out there for the next one

QuadJunkies
01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Here are some links for lodging in Rexburg.. Rexburg is about 15 minutes away from the dunes.

This is where we have stayed each year. This year we will be camping at BLM.

http://www.bestwesternidaho.com/hotels/rexburg/cottontreeinn/

http://www.state-of-idaho-hotels.com/rexburg-lodging/days-inn-rexburg.html

http://calhotels.us/idaho/rexburg.html

Something else everyone should know is you MUST have an ORV sticker . You can purchase this right there at BLM at the The pit stop. The building now looks a litte differnt but gives you an idea.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=682916

I do know in the past that if you have an ORV stickers and you live in an ajoining state, they do accept those as well but we should make sure and follow up on that for this year. The sticker is very innexpensive at about 12.00

The pit stop also carries food and beverages ,flags -quick pick ups .

In Rexburg there is also few different ATV shops for Honda, Yamaha, Polaris ,Suzuki and a few others ....

QuadJunkies
01-11-2006, 11:57 PM
the dunes also have other camping aside of BLM(but I still STRONGLY encourage over all the others )

Sand Hills Resort (http://www.sand-dunes.com/index.html) is a popular place to camp . It is quite a ride from the big stuff and if you have a two stroke you will find your fuel will not go far for the ride!It offers riding in the smaller dunes at that end of the dunes with some fast riding

:p

QuadJunkies
01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Desert Oasis is another spot not far from BLM(sorry, I could not find a direct link,you can view some of the facilitys at duneguides site)

again, I feel BLM is a bit nicer than the Oasis was last year, they do have showers for like 1.00 a minute:huh but is another option if you want to reserve a spot ahead of time. Its also more centrally located than Sand Hills resort is and to be perfectly honest, if you dont reserve a year in advance, The Sand hills is usually filled up!! Thats how popluar this place has got!!!

SandRaptorRandy
01-12-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to see if Washington state ORV stickers are ok as we have to run them.

bansheechika
01-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Never new this thread was here.... but hey my family and I have reserved 16 spots in desert Oasis... well be there the 16th through the 24th.... right when you come into the camp well be on the right.... big red inclosed with red dodge duelly.... thats just my camp.. but the other 15 are all together...

Hope to see some of you there... I will be riding a blue banshee!!!

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by bansheechika
Never new this thread was here.... but hey my family and I have reserved 16 spots in desert Oasis... well be there the 16th through the 24th.... right when you come into the camp well be on the right.... big red inclosed with red dodge duelly.... thats just my camp.. but the other 15 are all together...

Hope to see some of you there... I will be riding a blue banshee!!!

sweet!!! we will meet up with ya! Where is your group from?

Would this be if you wre t orive into the Desert Oasis or if we was to ride our quads over ?

We will set up a meeting time on Sat. more than likely like the usual and meet in the BLM parking lot or our Campsite and Ill post a sign to make it easy to spot us . Its hard to keep groups together since all of them differ in riding skills and what/where they want to ride as I learned the 1st group ride.
I think the second year I was hanging with the group up front most of the time :D

bansheechika
01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah ill be there all week... Only problem is Im going to becoming off a pregnancy. the baby will be a month old... But you can never start them to early right? LOL... If Im not out riding the banshee ill be in a lifted rubicon... riding shotgun with the pops...

fasterthanyouex
01-15-2006, 10:28 AM
man whys this gotta be a 19 hour drive..if it was a little closer i would come...

maybe next year

moto04racing
01-15-2006, 03:21 PM
the dunes also have other camping aside of BLM(but I still STRONGLY encourage over all the others )

Sand Hills Resort (http://www.sand-dunes.com/index.html) is a popular place to camp . It is quite a ride from the big stuff and if you have a two stroke you will find your fuel will not go far for the ride!It offers riding in the smaller dunes at that end of the dunes with some fast riding

thats y u bring a work quad with lots of fuel on it, ill tlk my dad into going, doubtful thou

QuadJunkies
01-15-2006, 03:53 PM
I just think BLM is nice cause its half way between both smaller and bigger dunes ;) Sand hilsl is nice though

wilkin250r
01-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Something else everyone should know is you MUST have an ORV sticker . You can purchase this right there at BLM at the The pit stop.

Do you know if there are any requirements to get an ORV sticker? Sound-level restrictions, emissions, ect? Proof of ownership, like a title? Age restrictions?

QuadJunkies
01-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Do you know if there are any requirements to get an ORV sticker? Sound-level restrictions, emissions, ect? There is technically a sound DB leve, but they dont enforce it they dont bother anyone with that at all... That could change over the years as it grows but for now your fine .;)

Ill ask Troy about the ins and outs to get a sticker, but I think you just need your Drivers Licence . I always get a thing in the mail from the DMV and I take it to my local shop to renew mine .

There is no emission here either.But a spark arrestor may be required??

JOEX
01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Do you know if there are any requirements to get an ORV sticker? Sound-level restrictions, emissions, ect? Proof of ownership, like a title? Age restrictions?
Up here all you need is ID, VIN and $10.50, not sure about out of staters.

I take it Nevada doesn't require ORV stickers?

Edit....
This interesting...

http://www.id.blm.gov/recreation/data/04dunesr&r.pdf

From what I read if your state does not require a permit you are not required to have one in Idaho.

QuadJunkies
01-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Up here all you need is ID, VIN and $10.50, not sure about out of staters.

I take it Nevada doesn't require ORV stickers?

Edit....
This interesting...

http://www.id.blm.gov/recreation/data/04dunesr&r.pdf

From what I read if your state does not require a permit you are not required to have one in Idaho.
I knew our state took ajoining states ORV stickers, but did not know that if a state didnt require it they didnt have to obtain one at all?? I didnt see that it stated that Joe. Where is that ?? I wonder if your State doesnt require one if you would still need one for Idaho?? Interesting indeed.... :confused:

wilkin250r
01-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Nevada is rather relaxed about... well, pretty much everything. :devil:

No ORV stickers here. :cool:

dirtmomma
01-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Nevada is rather relaxed about... well, pretty much everything. :devil:

No ORV stickers here. :cool:

Dang must be nice :) we only purchase them when we go to the dunes mainly :o they raised ours too :grr: it's like $21 per bike now & WHO KNOWS where that goes too :ermm: :scary: :huh sucks to have to buy them for6 quads @ a time!!!

JOEX
01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I knew our state took ajoining states ORV stickers, but did not know that if a state didnt require it they didnt have to obtain one at all?? I didnt see that it stated that Joe. Where is that ?? I wonder if your State doesnt require one if you would still need one for Idaho?? Interesting indeed.... :confused:
The second bullet under 'As a Reminder' The way it's worded it sounds like out of staters need a ORV sticker only if their own state requires one.

Eddiesanders250
01-18-2006, 11:16 PM
i might be going. this will be my first time to St A's. the only problem is reservations. i have a 40' motorhome with a 24ft trailer, there will be three of us with this setup. i want to be close to the big dunes and my parents want full hookups. where can we stay?

QuadJunkies
01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
i might be going. this will be my first time to St A's. the only problem is reservations. i have a 40' motorhome with a 24ft trailer, there will be three of us with this setup. i want to be close to the big dunes and my parents want full hookups. where can we stay?

I would book at Desert Oasis. Its close to BLM and the bigger stuff

depending what day of the week you plan on coming up you could prol. get away with getting a bigger pad with hookups at BLM too.

Eddiesanders250
01-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Is BLM first come first serve. Also they have hook ups?

QuadJunkies
01-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Eddiesanders250
Is BLM first come first serve. Also they have hook ups? BLM have hook ups, but are first come first serve.. Desert Oasis you can reserve.. But I would do it ASAP as they fill fast and some place fill the season prior.

DESDAK4
01-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Man I wish we could make it this year. I have already promised a trip to Florida. I am planning for the 2007 Dunetopia so don't let me down as I see you are still using pics from our last trip:D , which I loved!!!!!!

Jay

QuadJunkies
01-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Jay, I thought you was coming THIS YEAR :( we will miss you

DESDAK4
01-22-2006, 10:36 AM
I really wanted to but I have to go to Florida. I am all but positive we will be making it out that way in 2007 baring any unexpected happenings.

Jay

troutman561
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
damn it would be nice to go, but to far for me.. when is there gona be a ride in the southeast?????????, like ocala forest or croom in fl, or the places in georgia!!

QuadJunkies
01-31-2006, 12:08 AM
I would LOVE to make a trip back East someday, I have wanted to for a few years now
Maybe someday someone will be hospitable and Ill come at least to see a race or two :D

440exnacsracer
01-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
damn it would be nice to go, but to far for me.. when is there gona be a ride in the southeast?????????, like ocala forest or croom in fl, or the places in georgia!!

Maybe I could help organize a ride at Durhamtown Plantation, Ga. Hey QJ if i get a thread started, would you make it sticky?

troutman561
02-01-2006, 07:10 AM
that would be nice.. id go!

QuadJunkies
02-21-2006, 09:56 AM
This prol. wont effect anyone this year, but I cant even image Sand duning w/o Saint Anthony. that would be a loss in there revenue for sure:( :mad:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060214/NEWS06/602140365&SearchID=73236336066389

Hopefully BLM will have what they need for there "parks" and leave us sand riders alone!

thebigsd
02-22-2006, 02:04 PM
well you guys can count me in i have been there once over memorail weekend last year rode around with the guys from alticity a little there nuts the sand dunes is insane up there im to the point now i dont even go to the dunes here in utah we just drive up to st. anthonys we are going up there the weekend before easter and then down to sand mountian UT. for easter. but i will be there for dunetopia for sure

QuadJunkies
02-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Thats GREAT!!!:cool:

Dune Surfer
03-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi Tina,
I'm Back:D
OK actually I never really went anywhere. Just been riding Glamis a ton. 14 out of the last 16 weekends. I was planing a trip through Utah with a buddy of mine with a final stop at St. A's. Now that I see this thread I'll try to make it with the groop. Ye haw
Just yesterday I was showing him pics of you guys from the last time I was up there.
It's been awhile since I heard from you, how are Troy and the kids? Good I hope. My daughter that was hurt has made a remarkable recovery, out of the wheelchair, walking normaly, thin and cute as heck. (scary being the dad of a cute 14 year old). I'll start making plans.What is the name of the campground at ST A's? I bought a toyhauller and might bring it to stay in.
tony

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Hello Stanger!! :)
The kids are doing great(go check out the mini racing section to see for yourself:D )
Kelsey is becoming a lady ,shes not a little girl anymore :( and Brandon is growing like a weed. Troy is well, working his tail off so he can get a new quad in time for the trip

Im not sure that the campground has a name. Its at Lake Egin (BLM Campground) IMO its the nicest place to camp now unless you want to ride back and forth to the other . Desert Oasis was not very nice from what I saw last year(ask JOEX, he camped there )
I hope you can make it out for a few days!:)
I wish I had a motorhome ,thats the ONLY thing I hate about camping is I dont get to wash up daily like before
:ermm:

that is great news about your Daughter,you will have to send me some pics so I can see how big she has got;)

JOEX
03-01-2006, 08:31 PM

Im not sure that the campground has a name. Its at Lake Egin (BLM Campground) IMO its the nicest place to camp now unless you want to ride back and forth to the other . Desert Oasis was not very nice from what I saw last year(ask JOEX, he camped there )
Desert Oasis is a very undeveloped campground except where the RV hook-ups are. Very dusty then when the wind picks up in the afternoon it can get real bad and there is no natural protection unless you can fit under a potato plant:p

There are showers though:D

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:32 PM
There are showers though:D
Maybe Ill have to just SNEAK over and use of of them :D :p
Whats the Ave. shower cost anyhow... 20 bones ?? lol

JOEX
03-01-2006, 11:57 PM
Maybe Ill have to just SNEAK over and use of of them :D :p
Whats the Ave. shower cost anyhow... 20 bones ?? lol
I don't remember how many quarters but it's well worth it;)

I'm pretty quick though, usually have enough time to do a bit of laundry at the same time:D

Dune Surfer
03-05-2006, 09:09 PM
The kids are doing great(go check out the mini racing section to see for yourself:D )
Kelsey is becoming a lady ,shes not a little girl anymore :( and Brandon is growing like a weed. Troy is well, working his tail off so he can get a new quad in time for the trip

I hope you can make it out for a few days!:)
I wish I had a motorhome ,thats the ONLY thing I hate about camping is I dont get to wash up daily like before
:ermm:

that is great news about your Daughter,you will have to send me some pics so I can see how big she has got;)

Good to hear your family is good. Say Hi to Troy for me. I'm looking foward to riding with him.
Here is a pik of my daughters and my neice.
My neice Amber on the left, youngest daughter Kristen in the Middle, Aand my oldest daughter Nicole ( the one that was injured)

Dumontexrider
03-07-2006, 01:45 AM
I deffenitly will have to head up there for the trip for one last dune trip of the season.

Have you ever been to Dumont, QuadJunkies? By the looks of St. Anthonys in one of your videos, it looks kinda small with weak creasts.

IF ANYONE AROUND THE LAS VEGAS AREA WANTS TO HEAD UP THERE THIS SUMMER AND WANTS TO HITCH A RIDE AND HELP PAY FOR GAS PM ME.

QuadJunkies
03-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Dumontexrider
I deffenitly will have to head up there for the trip for one last dune trip of the season.

Have you ever been to Dumont, QuadJunkies? By the looks of St. Anthonys in one of your videos, it looks kinda small with weak creasts.

IF ANYONE AROUND THE LAS VEGAS AREA WANTS TO HEAD UP THERE THIS SUMMER AND WANTS TO HITCH A RIDE AND HELP PAY FOR GAS PM ME.

NO, its not small at all!! ITs not Glamis, but its by no means weak in any way!!;)

I personally have not been to Dumont, but my freind go every New years.

St. A's has alot of HUGE bowls ,razorbacks and lots of nice sized hills to shoot up on your way to Chooke Cherry and somewhere close to 35 miles of sand -althought most dont ride that far down and stay within a 5 miles radius .

Im sure you will have a blast!! Never met someone who hasnt :)

wilkin250r
03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
and somewhere close to 35 miles of sand -althought most dont ride that far down and stay within a 5 miles radius .

35 miles, but most stay in a 5 mile radius? Cripes, my sand dunes are about 3 miles total!!!

QuadJunkies
03-07-2006, 01:01 PM
35 miles, but most stay in a 5 mile radius? Cripes, my sand dunes are about 3 miles total!!!

LOL!! Its just the popular spots are in that radius.. Might be more like 7 miles.. Whos counting! :p

Dumontexrider
03-07-2006, 02:00 PM
NO, its not small at all!! ITs not Glamis, but its by no means weak in any way!!;)

I personally have not been to Dumont, but my freind go every New years.

St. A's has alot of HUGE bowls ,razorbacks and lots of nice sized hills to shoot up on your way to Chooke Cherry and somewhere close to 35 miles of sand -althought most dont ride that far down and stay within a 5 miles radius .

Im sure you will have a blast!! Never met someone who hasnt :)

Idk about the razorbacks, they didnt look all that sharp, but im use to going over crests and dropping a few feet. keep us posted on any changes.

wilkin250r
03-10-2006, 02:32 PM

Preliminary discussions are under way to cancel the Wisconsin trip!

I had better dig out my paddles!!!

predatorkick@$$
03-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Here ya go all you Duners!!
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/43/37/11597334_l.jpg
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/08/47/11597480_l.jpg
South side Crapo's (Thunder)
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/78/57/11597587_l.jpg
Looking east of Crapo's
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/15/77/11597751_l.jpg
From the parking lot south side Crapo's
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/66/97/11597966_l.jpg
From the parking lot looking to the west little bit!!
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/45/08/11598054_l.jpg
I was not alone at the parking lot!! There was two of them!!
http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00011/59/48/11598495_l.jpg

QuadJunkies
03-13-2006, 11:44 PM
sweeeetttt.....

I cant wait to ride the new Beast out there!!:blah: :macho

thomps6s
03-17-2006, 10:29 PM
A month and a half for me Woot Woot!!!!

Are those pics previously posted recent? If so I am very pumped, that means the snow will be gone by the time i get there!

predatorkick@$$
03-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Thomps they was taken the 12th of march 06

thomps6s
03-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks, I am going the end of APRil with about 7 other guys. That looks very promising!!!!

QuadJunkies
03-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Thomps6s~~ You have a GREAT time, I know that Im JONESIN for some sand for a change!! Racing is great and all, but Im ready for some change ;)

I hope the weather works in your favor :)

Have we had anyone cancel ??

thomps6s
03-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks QJ! I am comfortable in the 40-50 degree weather being from Minnesota. I prefer it for riding all day long in the dunes. The only thing I am concerned with is rain. If it doesn't rain, We are Set!

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 06:10 PM
new tires arrived...
:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_1457.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_1455.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_1456.jpg

1fst400
04-26-2006, 05:34 AM
I wish I could make it... but.

START:Jaffrey, NH 03452, US

END:Saint Anthony, ID US

Total Est. Time: 38 hours, 12 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 2518.55 miles

thats over 500$ for desil for the pickup. and thats at 15mpg. I doubt I could get that with the trailer.

PismoLocal
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
im about 98% sure that im going, i found a buddy of mine that is down to go with me. We are leaving thursday night for vegas and then we are going to meet up with another friend of mine in salt lake and we are planning on getting there either really late friday night of really early saturday morning and riding all day long saturday and sunday. Its alittle over 16 hours from where i live but i heard the dunes are much better so it should prove to be worth it.

QuadJunkies
05-01-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
im about 98% sure that im going, i found a buddy of mine that is down to go with me. We are leaving thursday night for vegas and then we are going to meet up with another friend of mine in salt lake and we are planning on getting there either really late friday night of really early saturday morning and riding all day long saturday and sunday. Its alittle over 16 hours to from where i live but i heard the dunes are much better.
WOW.... Ive lost track of time!!!:eek2: about 6 more weeks!!!:blah:

You are gonna LUV it... :D

Looking forward to meeting ;)

Bullitt
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
we are actually going to be there at the same time. Kind of our yearly trip. How many people are there going to be there?

QuadJunkies
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullitt
we are actually going to be there at the same time. Kind of our yearly trip. How many people are there going to be there?

17 locals I know are for sure.

We need to do a roll call soon!

QuadJunkies
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
JOEX??
Pappy??
Wilkin250r??
ninis470??
SandRaptorRandy??
bansheechika??
Eddiesanders250??
Dune Surfer??
thebigsd??

predatorkick@$$ I know is coming and another Rider Millertime said he was coming....

I hope someone is still planning on bringing a Helmet Cam!
:blah:

Might get some of the RExburg locals together to ride as well.

predatorkick@$$
05-13-2006, 10:22 PM
few new pics, It is coming soon!!http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6669/woodsinstalled20073lv.jpg
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2780/woodsinstalled20281zb.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8444/woodsinstalled20050tm.jpg
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3026/picture0719fc.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1078/picture0391ku.jpg

QuadJunkies
05-14-2006, 04:30 PM
SAWEET MITCH!!:blah:

predatorkick@$$
05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
LOL got to get ya fired up!!

QuadJunkies
05-14-2006, 09:22 PM
LOL got to get ya fired up!!

I could use some firing up :( :ermm: :o

Bullitt
05-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Actually if something works out we may have a helmet cam there. My brother Got Nads? has actually been a member of this site for quite a while now, so it may be nice to put faces to the names. There are 8 total of us coming. 5 from Alberta and 3 from B.C (both of which are in Canada!)

dragracer101
05-16-2006, 06:34 PM
this place sounds like a BALL!

QuadJunkies
05-17-2006, 02:01 AM
Actually if something works out we may have a helmet cam there. My brother Got Nads? has actually been a member of this site for quite a while now, so it may be nice to put faces to the names. There are 8 total of us coming. 5 from Alberta and 3 from B.C (both of which are in Canada!)

SAWEET!!:blah:

thomps6s
05-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Here is an online photohgallery I put together form our trip out there a couple weeks ago. Some big air pics in there.

You guys are gonna have a blast. I wish I could go again this year.

http://www.uniquegrafix.com/SaintAnthonyDunes/index.htm

Bullitt
05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
picture's from last year:

Got Nads?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/darren.jpg

Dunes

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/SandDunes.jpg
My old Quad

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/Idaho014.jpg

Choke cherry hill

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/Idaho025.jpg
Rapturd

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/Idaho013.jpg

More dunes

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/Idaho002.jpg
Can't wairt for this year!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
05-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I LOVE that shot fo the Dunes...
Was your camera set to B&W?? Or is that Tungsten

Bullitt
05-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Actually I had the camera on normal setting but then changed it on photo shop to sepia, I though it looked pretty good that way. I'd show you the original but cant find it.

Here's a picture of lightning from last year too:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i132/1red450/Lance016.jpg

Bullitt
05-20-2006, 07:08 PM
I just watched a couple of your videos. They were pretty impressive. What type of camera do you use?

QuadJunkies
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Very cool.

One of these Days Ill be able to afford PhotoShop:ermm:

Well,were all done playing in the dirt until after there trip! We are covvertting all the duning tires today:blah:

Were gonna be really busy with my kids doing State series, so we wanted to get this out of the way since its only 3 more weeks away!

Bullitt
05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
How's the weather been lately down there in Ideeho?

predatorkick@$$
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Weather has been awesome mid 80's

Bullitt
05-23-2006, 09:55 PM
really, thats good here. It's around the three week mark till we leave and already I have a hard time sleeping from the anxiety. I'm probably worse than a six year old waiting to go to Dizzyland!

QuadJunkies
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
really, thats good here. It's around the three week mark till we leave and already I have a hard time sleeping from the anxiety. I'm probably worse than a six year old waiting to go to Dizzyland!

05-25-2006, 03:41 PM
ill be at st. joe state park... In Park Hills, Missouri

QuadJunkies
05-26-2006, 09:26 PM
all paddled up and ready to GO!:blah: :macho

QuadJunkies
05-26-2006, 09:27 PM
I was hoping we would have the hood and seat cover done in time:ermm:

QuadJunkies
05-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Mine still needs a little shining....

JOEX
05-26-2006, 09:34 PM
all paddled up and ready to GO!:blah: :macho
Oh, My!:eek: :eek2: Are you flirting with Jerry again?:devil:

Lookin' awesome!:cool:

QuadJunkies
05-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh, My!:eek: :eek2: Are you flirting with Jerry again?:devil:

Lookin' awesome!:cool:

ssshhhh....dont say that too loud...

He might take me up on it!:eek: :p :D :devil:

JOEX
05-26-2006, 09:46 PM
ssshhhh....dont say that too loud...

He might take me up on it!:eek: :p :D :devil:
Ya think?:devil:

predatorkick@$$
05-27-2006, 03:16 AM
looks good but little early for getting paddled ain't it!!

QuadJunkies
05-27-2006, 11:19 AM
looks good but little early for getting paddled ain't it!!
A good paddling in the morning never hurt anyone... LOL !!

:devil:

Not really, no riding really going on for us until then anyhow ,the kids have a State race coming up in Idaho Falls next week so we wanted to be ready since we will be lacking time...

How was the Dunes this wk end?? I have a feeling it was WET!

Troy wanted to know if you know of a good place to get some firewood down there??

predatorkick@$$
05-29-2006, 05:11 PM
The sand was way wet this weekend should get some good drying by the time U make it over here!!

There is a guy selling wood on the road just before the Oasis campground, if he still has some after this weekend!!

QuadJunkies
05-29-2006, 05:25 PM
The sand was way wet this weekend should get some good drying by the time U make it over here!!

There is a guy selling wood on the road just before the Oasis campground, if he still has some after this weekend!!

Can ya keep me posted on the Wood Dude cause I sure dont want to pay 5.00 a bundle for Crappy wood.:)

Did you see the picks of the IDah oGroup that went down this wk end??? OMG.. Looks liek it got a little crazy !!The mounites showed up and apparently there was some Nakedness !!!:eek2: :p

predatorkick@$$
05-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Ya I saw the pics and there was some very intoxiated people, and some nakedness!!:eek2: :eek2:

QuadJunkies
05-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Ya I saw the pics and there was some very intoxiated people, and some nakedness!!:eek2: :eek2:

:p Funny tosee others that way, but Im more for theriding and coversation aftwards and a fw drinks but Il skip the Nakedness :o :uhoh:

Bullitt
05-31-2006, 05:18 PM
only 1 week 9 days and 13 hrs be fore we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
06-01-2006, 09:39 AM
lol
Say, how many again are in your group and what do you ride??

I would love to see everyones quads that are going so I know who you are:)
Ill post a sign out in front of our Camp so everyone knows where we are but just for a refresh since the topic is now pages long....

We leave 1st thing Friday morning and We will be at BLM early afternoon so we can get some ride time in on Friday, I had to cut our trip short by one day this year. We will be camped with a few other members in a Med sized lot. I think these lots ranged from around the 17.00 a day for a Med. sized one so it becomes a VERY economical way to camp.

There will also be riders Camped at Sand Hills resort and Dessert Oassis.

Im going to be taking a Camera Class Sat. morning thats also being held at BLM by Canon for 5 hours so I wont be doing much riding until later in the after noon after 3pm.

I was hoping for maybe having an Evening Group ride say.....Maybe after everyone has dinner on Sat ???this way we can be sure that everyone will be there by then...Normally it wouldbe a morning ride, but I sinply cannot miss this Camera class so I can hopefully get some good shots that week end!

http://www.dtexposures.com/atvworkshop/main%20copy.jpg

Bullitt
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
there is seven of us for sure, quite possibly eight. I will post pictures as soon as everything is finished. Four out of eight quads are works in progress as we speak awaiting parts and such, and will look different next week than they do this week. the list so far are: 2-05 450r's, an 06 YFZ(mine), an 06 Raptor 700, an 03 Raptor 660, A 04 Kawasaki KFX700, a 05 Kawi KFX400, and quite possibly another Raptor 660.

The count down is now 12 days away.

QuadJunkies
06-02-2006, 12:10 AM
there is seven of us for sure, quite possibly eight. I will post pictures as soon as everything is finished. Four out of eight quads are works in progress as we speak awaiting parts and such, and will look different next week than they do this week. the list so far are: 2-05 450r's, an 06 YFZ(mine), an 06 Raptor 700, an 03 Raptor 660, A 04 Kawasaki KFX700, a 05 Kawi KFX400, and quite possibly another Raptor 660.

The count down is now 12 days away.

This is gonna be the longest 2 weeks I swear!!:scary: :p

Bullitt
06-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Good thing I get to leave earler. We leave on tueday the 13th, and will be there till' the following wednesday.

Oh yah, only 11 more days:D

Bullitt
06-07-2006, 10:01 PM
6 days and counting!

QuadJunkies
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Any ladies riding in your group?

Bullitt
06-11-2006, 08:30 AM
nah, none of them. Although I have my doubts on a couple of them:blah: :devil:

QuadJunkies
06-11-2006, 10:25 PM
^^^LOL!!! :o :p

Well, I wont say for sure just as of yet. but......We might having Atlicity come riding Sunday along with some of the Sand locals that was in the 1st movie . A couple of them have racing next wk end, but they MIGHT sneak away for a day to play Sunday....

How EXCITING!!:blah: :cool:

Bullitt
06-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Are they going to be taping?

predatorkick@$$
06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
If Josh is out there he always has his camera for that special shot, so he should have it if they make it out there!!!

QuadJunkies
06-12-2006, 11:36 PM
well, Im gonna unstick the topic since the trip is this week. Ill be sure to post a Dunetpoia group ride poste in front of our camp so everyone knows where we will be . Im gonna be busy most of the week getting prepared for it .Im really excited to meet everyone for some good sand riding,its been way overdue!!

Again, we will be at BLM shooting for a Large campground . Lets shoot for an evening ride Sat. and go from there on Sundays ride.Im sure alot of you will meet up Sat morning , I will be with the Canon group, but ya'll need to come and be my Posers for some sand shots!:blah:

We will see ya soon!

Bullitt
06-13-2006, 12:02 PM
yeah I never had time to post pictures of our machines, and we are leaving here pretty quick. So hopefully we see you there. Have a good rest of the week!

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
WOW!!! What a trip !!!!!! I have sooooo much to report and sooo many pics and some videos !!

Ill have Coverage in the open section here in the next few days!

JOEX
06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
WOW!!! What a trip !!!!!! I have sooooo much to report and sooo many pics and some videos !!

Ill have Coverage in the open section here in the next few days!
That's a cool pic Tina!

Unusual angle, the difference in size of the subject and shadow...
Launched between clear ruts... outer ruts obscured...Rider is between landing spots....

If the landing was virgin sand.... :eek: POSTER!:D

REDRON
02-26-2007, 11:36 PM
any plans for this trip this year (2007) ?

QuadJunkies
02-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by REDRON
any plans for this trip this year (2007) ?
We have tossed around the idea of going for a quick wk end trip in July this time.June is possibly full with races.
We are doing the full WORCS series and its tied up most of our year.
I cant imagine a year w/ o Saint Anthonys! :(

I still would like to get Pappy and Harlen out for a wk ends fun one of these days.. :D

REDRON
02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
man i have been sooo planning on going this year ever since i found out too late about dunatopia last year .You need to plan for more than just a weekend .I am going to have to drive 24 hours one way to get there .What is the weather like there in july ?

wilkin250r
02-27-2007, 12:27 PM
man i have been sooo planning on going this year ever since i found out too late about dunatopia last year .You need to plan for more than just a weekend .I am going to have to drive 24 hours one way to get there .What is the weather like there in july ?

There's nothing that says you can't stay a little longer than everybody else...

400exrider707
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Well if you drive yourself out, it would probably not be so much fun riding by yourself either...:ermm:

400EXTRA
02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I WISH THEY DID IT AT SILVERLAKE THEN I WOULD GO

REDRON
02-27-2007, 06:09 PM

I will be by myself so i dont really want to be there alone riding .I dont thinks its too safe .

QuadJunkies
02-27-2007, 11:44 PM
I will be by myself so i dont really want to be there alone riding .I dont thinks its too safe .
Your right, its not safe.. I was dumb enough to go out my 1st time and the 1st 15 minutes I was there I balled it up all the way to the bottom of a sand bowl :o :ermm:

Im sure there would be a few others that will be there for more than just a wk end,we usually stay 4-5 days but I have a feeling we cant make that many days this year.
Where will you be coming from?
Ill do my best to accomedate the dates if I can .;)
Hopefully July wont be too hot! Our weather here is pretty bizarre at times.

you might want to see if you can hook up with one more rider JUST IN CASE you was to ball it up too... I believe in riding in twos at very least in case you need help getting home.
Just something to think about :)

REDRON
02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I will be comming from east texas .

400exrider707
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I will be comming from east texas .

Ha, Ill pick you up on the way from central NY. You pay gas