PDA

View Full Version : just bought a ohlins rear shock remote rezzie and it sucks

250r manzilla
01-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I had elka rear previously and this thing is way to rough I ve tried adjusting it out but damn it just don t feel near as good as the elka they both were jeted for a 175lb rider. Has anyone ran into this before? If so please let me know if you were able to break it in or what. thanks

bradley300
01-02-2006, 12:31 PM
i dont think they perform as well as elkas, but they are still a great shock, keep adjusting and you should get it worked out. make sure the ride height is correct with you on it, that can make a big difference

JR3
01-02-2006, 01:43 PM
put everything on soft and rebound all the way up and adjust from there until u find a comfortable setting maybe they didnt valve it right

apteryxx
02-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Did you buy the shock new?
is it a piggyback or a hose type?

QuadRacer041
02-23-2006, 02:48 AM
send it back and tell them your not happey, tell them what its doing and they can rebuild it for you. if you bought it new who ever you got it from will take care of it.

WOLFPACK
02-23-2006, 06:27 AM
If the shock is new then without question Ohlins will (should) make it right. But, as you figured out Ohlins is not the best on the market, just the highest priced.

You may want to consider a rear rebuild of your stock shock. We do this for $385. and have many customers that will tell you they'd rather run this than an aftermarket shock.

In response to previous advice you were given, set your adjustment at exactly half way and adjust from there. Never go all the way closed or all the way open. If you can't get the desired ride then the shock needs to be reworked.

I hope this has helped you!

wheeltrax
02-23-2006, 05:11 PM
most likely you havent set it up correctly. I was displeased with my elka rear rebuild when i first threw it on and rode. I then tinkered with the rebound and compression, and now i would never ride on stock again. NIGHT.. AND DAY

02-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 250r manzilla
I had elka rear previously and this thing is way to rough I ve tried adjusting it out but damn it just don t feel near as good as the elka they both were jeted for a 175lb rider. Has anyone ran into this before? If so please let me know if you were able to break it in or what. thanks

elka is a considerably better shock then ohlins, they have a lot of work to do being they just stepped seriously into the market, id call them and ask them to revalve it and set it up differently

hondardr4life
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I doubt you will be able to get the Ohlins set up as good as an elka. Most people liek elka a lot better. I have never rode a set of ohlins, so I couldn't tell you from personal experience.

02-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by WOLFPACK

You may want to consider a rear rebuild of your stock shock. We do this for $385. :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: that is REALLY expensive! I paidaround $550 for all three of mine revalved, dual rate front springs and a new linkage.

WOLFPACK
02-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I promised Harlen that i wouldn't advertise so therefore i cannot take any work from this site. I am true to my word and if you PM me for a price one will not be given nor will you be redirected to us in any other manner. You'll have to find us in another manner.

I know the conversion that you speak of and we do a similar conversion for $695. but the two cannot be compared. Ours is a triple rate on the front. We use only Eibach springs and when i say revalve we refer to a new valve and entirely new shim stack. We also modify the inside of the shock to produce additional travel. Basicly, the only thing that stays from your old shock is the shaft and body. The performance between the two shock conversions is not even in the same class. But what you have is decent for the money.

Respectfully, Shane

God Bless!

02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
I promised Harlen that i wouldn't advertise so therefore i cannot take any work from this site. I am true to my word and if you PM me for a price one will not be given nor will you be redirected to us in any other manner. You'll have to find us in another manner.

I know the conversion that you speak of and we do a similar conversion for $695. but the two cannot be compared. Ours is a triple rate on the front. We use only Eibach springs and when i say revalve we refer to a new valve and entirely new shim stack. We also modify the inside of the shock to produce additional travel. Basicly, the only thing that stays from your old shock is the shaft and body. The performance between the two shock conversions is not even in the same class. But what you have is decent for the money.

Respectfully, Shane

God Bless!

what is your website, and exactly who r u? you can say this because im asking, and its not advertising if someone asks, just like if someone asks what the best bumper is, and everyone says AC, thats not advertising, its recommending and helping someone, and i would like to know your website and who you r for more information, im running Elka shocks with work done by G T Thunder right now, just curious to see who else is stepping into the suspension market

thanks,
Yurik

WOLFPACK
02-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I understand that if someone here is familiar with me and makes a post that it is not advertising. But, until that happens i'll respect Harlen and his advertisers.

Respectfully,
Shane

God Bless!

02-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I understand that if someone here is familiar with me and makes a post that it is not advertising. But, until that happens i'll respect Harlen and his advertisers.

Respectfully,
Shane

God Bless!

will you pm me then, im just curious is to who u r, or just tell someone to say it, im just wanting information :confused:

01 400EXer
02-26-2006, 07:35 PM
me too!

WOLFPACK
02-26-2006, 07:55 PM
The name is Shane Lewis and i own Wolfpack Racing and LOBO Suspension.

God Bless!

02-26-2006, 08:12 PM
The name is Shane Lewis and i own Wolfpack Racing and LOBO Suspension.

God Bless!

anyway i can get a web site, or am i gonna have to google search :confused:

orang_kawa
02-27-2006, 03:43 PM

Respectfully,
Shane

God Bless!

hey shane i understand that thats cool

hey i know this due does a great job killer shock build he builds alot of guys shocks down here in the south made a big difference with him messing with them. his name is shane at lobo suspesnsion # 12193131424

02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by orang_kawa
hey shane i understand that thats cool

hey i know this due does a great job killer shock build he builds alot of guys shocks down here in the south made a big difference with him messing with them. his name is shane at lobo suspesnsion # 12193131424

i use gt thunder, hes the best at shocks, but id like to get info, could i get a site?

orang_kawa
02-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
i use gt thunder, hes the best at shocks, but id like to get info, could i get a site?

hey all i have is his personal cell phone # and it is 12193131424 his name is shane is real good

02-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by orang_kawa
hey all i have is his personal cell phone # and it is 12193131424 his name is shane is real good

ah, i was wanting a web site, no need to call, i just wanted to see what he was all about you know