PDA

View Full Version : Me and my boys 12-30-05

badvox
01-02-2006, 10:40 AM
After seeing all the post xmas photos I just had to post 1 of me and the boys. My youngest here just got his 50 for Xmas.

Ocotillo Wells 12-30-2005

http://www.puliceworx.com/images/theboyzsm.jpg

Pappy
01-02-2006, 10:52 AM
cool pic!

i wouldnt know what to do with so much open ground to ride on:p

theTman
01-02-2006, 10:55 AM
awsome, its good to start them off young!

Arctic Cat Dad
01-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Nice shot.Isn't it fun riding with the boys. Look at all open space. We wouldn't know what to do there. Where are all the trees and woods. It would be totally different riding.

Enjoy the fun with the little 1's!
:D

badvox
01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Hmm funny that you guys are all commenting on the open space. I have been wanting to try a mountainous trail ride with trees. I grew up here in So California so this is really all I know.

Ocotillo Wells is about an hour from my house so day trips are always possible last minute. We also have Dumont Dunes and Glamis at an ok distance.

I rode a 2 wheelie as a kid and when I decided to get the family in I knew it would be fun but never imagined how awesome it would be. Its like one of those Mastercard commercials everytime we go out. Simply priceless!!

My oldest son pictured is going to try the ITP quadcross this year in production 90 class. The bike hes on there is a 50 while his quad is being worked on. He loves to ride whether its a skateboard, bmx, or quad.

Pappy
01-02-2006, 02:20 PM
as long as you are involved in this sport with your kids, you will have no problems out of them when they get older! i wish i could convince more folks of that!

wvspeedfreak
01-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Nice pic.I know I have had much more fun than I ever imagined being involved in this sport with my son.

badvox
01-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
as long as you are involved in this sport with your kids, you will have no problems out of them when they get older! i wish i could convince more folks of that!

I firmly believe this point. It is an absolute fact and thats exactly why I decided to do it a couple years back. My son (11 this month) got his first XR70 when he was 7 and hes been hooked ever since.

This sport teaches responsibility, hard work, etc.. When we had a problem with grades last year guess what got taken away? Yup, back to straight A's this year and zero discipline problems too.

Pappy
01-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Nice pic.I know I have had much more fun than I ever imagined being involved in this sport with my son.

i couldnt tell, your smile when watching your son ride confused me:D

wvspeedfreak
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
I think one reason I enjoy it so much is because I didn't get the opportunity to be involved in motorsports when I was young.I begged for a go cart and later on a little dirt bike when I was a kid but it just wasn't in the cards.So I guess knowing what it would have meant to me as a kid and seeing the joy it brings to him as a kid it is kinda cool.Plus like was said earlier,I am a firm believer of getting involved in something with your kids to keep them out of other things down the road.