PDA

View Full Version : Holeshots

450RRyder
01-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Sup everybody i know majority of you guys out there race. Well me im just the average rider, but the thing I want to know is how to get a good holeshot, or whats ythe best way to come out of the hole. Holla back and let me know. Thanks

MAD450r
01-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Practice that and you dont want too much spin, but you cant leave with no spin either.

I try to leave in 2nd spinning slightly, then short shift into 3rd, thats where my 450r shine's best. 3rd gear is the shortest on the 450r so you can ride in it alot. [not sure if its the same without the hrc kit]

KRMit
01-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Practice by drag racing people. That should help. In tacky conditions (arenacross) I start in 1st and immediately shift into 2nd, then just start bangin' gears.

wanna_be_ridn
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
when your about ready to start put all ur weight towards the front of your quad, pin it out at bout 3/4 throttle, when the gate drops let your clutch go, once you get moving shift all your weight to the rear so your tires will hook up, and you should have your front tires off the ground a lil bit if your hooking up good... thats what i do, seems to work good for me.

450RRyder
01-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the replies but I know that there are mor of you guys out there that can give more input.

Ridin' Jesse
01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
2nd pinned on the gate, pop the clutch, keep on the gas, after u start moving lean back to get more traction. I practice by doing these local grass drag races.

yamablaster24
01-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Stay about 15 inches from the gate. When the board goes sideways hold it at 1/2 throttle, start easing the clutch out and have your nuts on the tank and elbows back, eyes staring down the stem looking at the gate. Once you see movement let the clutch go and pin it, Keep your head straight and make sure you dont think about someone cutting you off, Think about nothing but getting into the corner first, with the right rider you can make your holeshot a success, which is the most important part of a race when the competition gets fierce, heck my first race on my stock bore/stroke 400ex I got the holeshot over about 10 450's and hybrids.