PDA

View Full Version : WORCS in Phoenix

d kelley
01-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Calling out to the Speedworld locals. The WORCS link to Speedworld MX park sucks! Hook us up with the elevation and the hot web address for speedworld! 3 weekends to go and it is on again for WORCS! Lets have a great turnout! Good luck to everyone and war the Moapa Madman Josh Frederick! Moapa Valley racers rule.

wanna_be_ridn
01-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Me and Desratt will be there :) cant wait, we just did the mesquite mx track on sunday it was a blast not too many quads though only 7 i believe :(

400grl
01-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't know what link they have, but their website is HERE (http://www.speedworldmx.com/)

Elevation? I don't know - I think we are around 1400 feet? I have never had to rejet for Taft or Cali or anything.......

SW is a great track - expect pretty much the same track layout as last year - combining all the tracks together, some backwards, plus the washes and the desert section (hopefully you guys all like some silt!!! We ran a GP out there a couple of weeks ago and there were some DEEP silt beds!), part of the flat track, etc.......should be alot of fun. THey might change it around a bit, but probably not alot.

Hope to see alot of you out there for round 1!

Oh, there is also a brand new Hampton Inn and Suites a couple of miles from the track for those of you who don't want to camp. Nice little place to stay.......

d kelley
01-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks Cory, I hope you can race that weekend too, I know you guys keep a busy schedule with ITP and your other series. I heard than Jeremy Schell and quite a few other pros are planning on being there to.

WORCSYFZ199
01-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Awesome, this race is gonna rule! I can't wait, my buddy Sean just raced the new years GP there and said the course was awesome and it was similar to last years, but who knows what WORCS will do with it. I can't wait to get my YFZ back together after my winter rebuild and get out there and hopefully podium in the Prod A. and Pro-Am classes. See you there Darren! :-)

CannondaleRider
01-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I can't wait for this race!!!

I'm pushin it though...the motor I had built for my Cannondale hasn't even came in yet...hopefully it'll be here by the 9th or so

I'll basically have a week to break in, tune, and prepare the bike for the race......let alone get used to the thing

WORCSYFZ199
01-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm almost in the same departmen as you there, I got my engine being rebuilt and have a new frame on order then have to race this weekend in Parker for BITD then the weekend after that we're going to Disneyland so I'll have to like find time to assemble my bike perfectly, clean it order things assemble it, tune it and break it in, hope it's not too last minute!

WORCS 133
01-04-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm in the same group but the rear end on my Raptor locked up, bearings are shot. So I'm really hoping it's ready before round 1.

WORCSYFZ199
01-04-2006, 08:46 PM
yeah man looks like we all need a touch of luck to get our $h!t together, it sucks i was trying to get the ball joints out of my a-arms to get them podwercoated and broke the special tool so now I have to order a new one and get it machined to fit then get the ball joints out then get them powdecoated, things aren't looking good, but I'm hoping for the best!

d kelley
01-08-2006, 06:31 PM
WE are so lucky to have the WORCS series out here in the west. After reading the problems racers have in other series, I will always support the people who work to bring us the best series there is, WORCS!

QuadJunkies
01-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
WE are so lucky to have the WORCS series out here in the west. After reading the problems racers have in other series, I will always support the people who work to bring us the best series there is, WORCS! AMEN :D

WORCSYFZ199
01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
you said it man! Actually another great series out here though is Best in the Desert, I know it's not the same type of racing, but it's a blast, I was just out there racing the Parker 250 and it was awesome, it's pretty cool, the only thing is that the entry fees are so high other than that it's great! But yeah I do love WORCS though and how it's grown and become one of if not the best series in the west.

out4sand
01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I did one WORCS race last year in Goldendale and had a blast! I just purchased a more race ready quad and have only ridden it for about 30 minutes....we're on 24 days of straight rain here in Puget Sound so needless to say everything local is a mud pit with no real opportunity to ride.

Anyhow, I'm heading out on Wednesday of next week with 3 buddies to make the trip to AZ and the opener; can't wait!! Could be interesting on a new bike with no seat time but guess you've got to hop in the saddle at some point so why not head out to where the sun is shining for the true test ride :D

400grl
01-11-2006, 11:44 AM
My first ride EVER on my YFZ was a race!!! :) I pulled the holeshot.......hehehehehheheh

out4sand
01-11-2006, 12:37 PM
IMPRESSIVE!!

Belive it or not, I was riding a borrowed YFZ in Goldendale and did the same thing, pulled the holeshot. What a incredible feeling!! I can only hope for the same thing this time :D

QuadJunkies
01-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by out4sand
IMPRESSIVE!!

Belive it or not, I was riding a borrowed YFZ in Goldendale and did the same thing, pulled the holeshot. What a incredible feeling!! I can only hope for the same thing this time :D

And here I thought you was just a sand rider.............. :D

Maybe catch ya next round

BTW.. we got a Sand trip planned again in June :blah:

out4sand
01-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
And here I thought you was just a sand rider.............. :D

Maybe catch ya next round

BTW.. we got a Sand trip planned again in June :blah:

Oh you know how it is, gotta try new things :D
Are you going to Taft? I really would like to go but to make it happen I'll have to fly down as I have a work conerence in Portland Feb 8th-10th that I have to attend.

June you say....hmmmm that could be fun, I didn't get to hit St A's last year :( I had sort of planned on going in late June but my work trip was delayed. Instead I drove straight from Twin Falls to Reedsport so I could hit DuneFest, that was one LONG week!

QuadJunkies
01-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh you know how it is, gotta try new things :D
Are you going to Taft? I really would like to go but to make it happen I'll have to fly down as I have a work conerence in Portland Feb 8th-10th that I have to attend.

June you say....hmmmm that could be fun, I didn't get to hit St A's last year :( I had sort of planned on going in late June but my work trip was delayed. Instead I drove straight from Twin Falls to Reedsport so I could hit DuneFest, that was one LONG week!

Were trying to work on some things on a new quad, thats our hold up right now ,Trying to make sure the finances are in order too before we can travel right now .We also have our own series going right now .

The trip has a sticky posted in the open section if interested in June ,would love to see ya again! :)
Ive already sent me letter of interest to 3 mags about doing some articles for the WORCS series so we will see how that goes.

Maybe you could swing the Idaho round.!!

out4sand
01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
The Idaho round is Inked in on the calendar! I almost went to watch last year but that darn work thing got in the way. I'm excited and probably biting off more then I can chew but I hope to hit at least 8 of the 9 races this season.

QuadJunkies
01-12-2006, 12:32 AM
The Idaho round is Inked in on the calendar! I almost went to watch last year but that darn work thing got in the way. I'm excited and probably biting off more then I can chew but I hope to hit at least 8 of the 9 races this season.

What class you running?

out4sand
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm about 99% sure I'll be running Open B

F-16Guy
01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Calling out to the Speedworld locals. The WORCS link to Speedworld MX park sucks! Hook us up with the elevation and the hot web address for speedworld! 3 weekends to go and it is on again for WORCS! Lets have a great turnout! Good luck to everyone and war the Moapa Madman Josh Frederick! Moapa Valley racers rule.
You live in Logandale? Where at? My Dad lives right behind the Maverick. I'll be racing at Speedworld. Elevation is a little lower than Vegas, maybe 1500Ft. Did you see Fred (Josh) at the last round in Mesquite? He was hauling ***!! I think he'll be the man to beat, considering the kind of riding he grew up with out in Moapa. I remember when he got his first 250R. We all had bikes, and didn't really get the whole quad thing.

d kelley
01-13-2006, 09:48 AM
hey f-16guy, nice to hear from a Logandale rider. Are you stationed in AZ? We live on the east side of the highway about 2 miles west of the high school. Thanks for the elevation info. I was hoping that it wasnt too much different from the M.V. We did attend the Mesquite race and your right, Josh was ready for that race. I know he is really looking foward to this year. He is like a legend out here. The riding is still awesome even with all the new building going on. It has become quad city out now. Good luck at speedworld and look us up if you get a chance. We are numbers 139 and 92y. What class are you racing in?

WORCS 133
01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
It's a week away!!!!!!!!! Anybody else excited?
I'm already packed, quads ready, pacing holes in the carpet, making my wife insane:p
I think I have worn a different WORCS shirt everyday for the last week. What can I say I'm an addict:devil:

d kelley
01-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Talked to a friend who is in Phoenix for the motorcycle race and he said that there were maybe 1000 racers there by 11:00a.m. friday. All the factory teams were there and the track was in perfect shape. At 6:00a.m. there was a line to get in the track about 30 minutes long and that the parking lot was full already. WORCS IS ON!

400grl
01-13-2006, 07:23 PM
I was there last night practicing - there were alot of motorhomes/trailers/bikes already there......the pits are in great shape, the track was great - all I have to say is I hope they mellow out the whoops in front of the grandstand!! LOL!!!

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Talked to a friend who is in Phoenix for the motorcycle race and he said that there were maybe 1000 racers there by 11:00a.m. friday. All the factory teams were there and the track was in perfect shape. At 6:00a.m. there was a line to get in the track about 30 minutes long and that the parking lot was full already. WORCS IS ON!

1000 Riders???? OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the CHIT!!! :macho :cool: :blah:

Oh Wait... that was Bikes :ermm:

WORCS 133
01-13-2006, 10:05 PM
That is awesome!
Hopefully the quad turn out is huge. Let me rephrase that I hope the quad turn out after I find a spot to pit is huge:D

400grl
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm thinking the quad turnout should be better than last year, since more locals know about the races now, and more WORCS riders have already been to Speedworld and liked it......how big, though - I don't know. I'm putting the big-time guilt trip on our MX racers big time this year......since none of them raced last year but me and Jason, pretty much! LOL!! So if guilt works.....we should have a bigger local turnout! LOL!!

d kelley
01-14-2006, 10:08 AM
thanks for the updates. I am sure the AZ. racers wlll be racing this next race. You guys sure have alot of them! Also, I am not sure if I have my info right since I dont really know you, But if one of your family member was in the hosptal lately, just want to let you know that he has been in our thoughts and hope for better days ahead for him and your family.

400grl
01-14-2006, 03:26 PM
OH, you are sweet!! Yes, my husband's dad crashed in the dunes over New Years - it was touch and go for the first couple of days.....but he's actually at home today - he just got home today from the hospital - he's going to be fine. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers! :)

As for the AZ riders.....yeah, we have alot of them....but the MX guys are kind of wussy when it comes to racing the long races! LOL!!! Good thing we have alot of dez racers, too! ;)

CannondaleRider
01-15-2006, 01:47 AM
Tomorrow we're gonna start breaking in/tuning a couple Dales. Trying to for sure be ready for the race.

Getting anxious over here.

Whos all gonna be at the Friday MX practice?

out4sand
01-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Myself and laptraffic should be rolling in Thursday afternoon and be ready for the Friday practice. Another 2 buddies are flying in and will be joining us for practice on Friday.

Thanks for the update on the track, sound like it's going to be a grrrrrrrrrrrrreat time! I'm just happy to get the heck out of the rain here, 27 days straight and counting :rolleyes:

CannondaleRider
01-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Another person that knows Joe, right on. That means we'll definatly be meeting you at the race, we're friends with Joe.

Is Paul tagging along?

out4sand
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
That's cool...Joe is riding with me or at least we're taking my truck to AZ. Paul was suppose to be going with us but I guess since the Seahawks won this weekend, he's a season ticket holder, he's out.

poorwytboy
01-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Myself and laptraffic should be rolling in Thursday afternoon and be ready for the Friday practice. Another 2 buddies are flying in and will be joining us for practice on Friday.

I'll be with these guys. Another newbie with a new bike. I'll be in Prod B, Open B, Sport B. Yeah, I'll be tired, but I might as well get all the seat time I can.:)

quadjeff
01-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Should be around 10-15 Washington Riders making the trip... I am with Lapper at least my quad is.. I am flying also... It is nice to be ridding after year off from injury...

QuadJunkies
01-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Corry, hows the weather lookin for the wk end?

I know the Wash and Idaho riders could use some SUN!:scary:

I feel for Wash. the most, at least we had one days break of rain from time to time :ermm:

400grl
01-17-2006, 01:02 PM
10- DAY FORECASE SHOWS SUNNY AND IN THE MID-UPPER 60'S for the weekend!!!! We haven't had any rain here in so many days that I think it's a record......hopefully the Wash and Oregon riders don't bring the rain down with them! ;)

Also, wanted to let you all know - if you are coming from out of town and don't want to camp - there is a nice new Hampton Inn and Suites right down the road from the track - it's off of Grand Ave in Surprise, if you want to google it.......

Ex'r Marlin
01-17-2006, 01:10 PM
We haven't had rain here in over 9 weeks now!:eek: Weather got a little chilly this past Sunday for the WORCS bike race.

I noticed that Speedword waters down the whole course, and can be very muddy with some water puddles in certain areas. By Sunday afternoon, for the Pro event, the track actually got pretty dusty. I do not know what Speedworlds plan is for watering the track/course.

I believe the elevation is about 1200 to 1300 feet, if this helps any.

I have 2 spare bed rooms if anyone needs a cheap place to sleep!:D

This will be my first WORCS race... I too am very excited!!:) (Not pacing the floor like some others... Trying to save my energy!:eek:

Best wishes to those that race... Have a great time in Phoenix!!

400grl
01-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Going by how it was last year, they water heavily overnight so yes, the first racers for the morning and practice on Saturday morning can get a little messy - try to either avoid the mud puddles or do what I did and use them to your advantage! :) (ie - make sure you make a big enough splash to get mud all over your competition!) Hard to see with muddy goggles! :)

poorwytboy
01-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the hotel info. Out4Sand (Mike) scored us a suite at the Windmill Inn in Surprise. 500 sq ft, PC with internet, Pool, etc, sounds like a nice place. 11 miles from the track on Bell Rd.
Just curious, is the nearest Motorcycle shop Metro Motorsports on Bell Rd? I am just trying to be prepared for everything;)

Ex'r Marlin
01-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Surprise Atv & Sand Sport is a little closer from Speedworld than Metro... If this helps.

Surprise Atv & Sand Sports
Address: 13260 W Foxfire Dr, Surprise, AZ 85374
Phone: (623) 544-3944

I have never dealt with them, so I have no input on recommendation.:confused:

d kelley
01-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Thought I would put out a roll call for all the Nevada racers out there. Sounds like the locals are serious. We will hopefully be there about 11:00a.m. Friday. See everyone there!

400grl
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Surprise Atv & Sand Sport is a little closer from Speedworld than Metro... If this helps.

Surprise Atv & Sand Sports
Address: 13260 W Foxfire Dr, Surprise, AZ 85374
Phone: (623) 544-3944

I have never dealt with them, so I have no input on recommendation.:confused:

Yes, SAS is a lot closer....it's a smaller dealership, but REALLY nice people there!!! I'd check for what you need there first....if they don't have it , you can go to Metro - Metro is much larger......

And the Windmill Inn is also a nice place!! Lots of places to eat around there, too.....

poorwytboy
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

And the Windmill Inn is also a nice place!! Lots of places to eat around there, too.....

Cool, glad to here that. We will be eating out every night, having options is good.

QuadJunkies
01-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Ill be thinking of everyone this wk end

Best of luck to everyone .Hope everyone stays safe and I look forward to the Coverage !!!

F-16Guy
01-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Where can I get race fuel in the west valley for cheap?? I was at Apache the other day, but it was like $8 gallon! Is that what it goes for these days?

Ex'r Marlin
01-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Desert Toyz in Peoria:

111 Octane... $7.50 gallon.

113 Octane oxygenated... $8.00 gallon.

Hope this helps!:)

F-16Guy
01-21-2006, 07:27 PM
3rd in Production B!! Whooo!

Ex'r Marlin
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Congrats! :) :macho

I too got 3rd place... In 30 + C today.

What an awesome coarse! I am one that does not like to jump... But today, I hit some jumps that scared THE YOU KNOW WHAT out me at first, but quickly enjoyed them!:eek: No... I did not get the air that some others got, but I had a blast!

Looking forward to the next race in Taft, California in February.

Cory... (400grl) got 1st in her class!:macho

QuadJunkies
01-22-2006, 10:40 AM
thats GREAT!!!

Did Corry run Prod A.... DAYUM... You one fast women!:macho

F-16Guy
01-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Here are a couple pictures. I think I was the only 400ex in my class, and my head gasket blew on the starting line right before the flag dropped, but I still surprised a few people. I was in fourth out of 22 at the first turn! Even with a blown head gasket, it still ran pretty good - it just sounded terrible.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p72bde368bd4b9612c50569871a562345/f076d5f5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p5de45c2169eb8774242fac9ce789675c/f076d583.jpg

F-16Guy
01-22-2006, 07:11 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pcad89982d5ad85f46a58c4a916214981/f076c983.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p969c4c63d2c4eebd813f1de3efc5fbe3/f076c90e.jpg

F-16Guy
01-22-2006, 07:21 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p8b0af87211a1352d76b301724b036694/f076c46c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pd8e81166d03e71b407ec6b60959e98ce/f076c407.jpg

F-16Guy
01-22-2006, 07:26 PM
In these last three, a guy stalled in the whoops (which were nasty), and I "helped" him along. I'm pretty sure he would have done a face plant if I hadn't been there.:devil:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p0ea353c820ef8bda6003475c8b4f79a8/f076c3a0.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p41139f97a589d45dc6a1a5bf71c76af5/f076c346.jpg
Stalled and couldn't get started -- crap!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p3821f90c0b89ef8a5f5f64845d0453ba/f076c23f.jpg

CannondaleRider
01-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I had a great time this weekend. Didn't do to well, but it was a lot of fun.

Unclassified - First lap was good, second lap, coming off the last straightaway on the back side, the bike died....lost complete electrical power. So we got it back and found that two wires came off the silenoid. "Fixed' that, and was almost late for Race 3

Production A - Killed it on the line(First serious race, got nervous/excited and dumped the clutch instead of riding it out. Caught up to a few by the second corner, passed a few in the off-road section and straight aways...then stopped to help out the guy that crashed in the Vintage track(the S-Turns) His brother had stopped when the guy crashed, and was flagging people around, so I got off to see if the guy was alright. When I got to him, he was snoring...he was out cold. When he came to, he was panicing pretty bad, and started moving alot, so I kept telling him to calm down and that medics were on there way. It didn't help much, but I did my best to get him to stay still. The brother was pretty panicy also, so I was trying to calm him down also. Finally, the sweeps and medics arrived, and after a little bit, the brother thanked me, gave me a big ol hug and told me to keep racing, I heard later that the guy was flown out, does anyone know his condition? After a few laps with passing no one, being so far behind, I came into the back stretch, and the bike died, come to find out, In my hurry/frustration to not be late for the race, I forgot to top off with gas, that, mixed with my slight fuel leak I didn't know about, I ran out of gas. With only 10 minutes to go, and being so far behind, I just had them tow me in so I could get prepared for Race 6.

Open A - Had starting problems of a different sort. Thought I had plenty of time, got all geared up, FUELED UP MY BIKE!!!(lol), and headed to the line about a "minute" after Jeremy Butler did, I didn't think I'd be late. I came onto the gate when Open B took off. In my surprised confusion I asked someone if it was infact the Open Class Race, It was and I took off at about the time Open B was around the holeshot corner. I took off pushing hard, and tried to catch up to my class. I ended up passing almost all the B class riders. I'll have to see how far I was behind my class, when WORCS posts the results.

Justin, Production A - For some reason, something did not want Justin to race this weekend. While getting ready to head to the line, the Dale he was riding would not start, come to find out, the Fuel pump suddenly stopped pumping right after the Unclassified race. So the bike was down for the weekend, he traded his class, and ended up racing Sport 15-29 A today on the bike I was riding. He ended up quitting after the first lap, because the bike would just die all of a sudden(it was doing it to me also, but not NEAR as bad), it died on the lip of a jump once, and almost killed him, so he decided it was not worth getting hurt in a class that he would not be running for the championship in. It ended up being a lose positive battery cable :mad:

Ann Marie, Womens B/C - She also ended up running "my" bike, RIGHT after I finished the Open A race, pulled off, fueled it up, changed number plates, changed transponder, tightened a few things up, and she took off. She ended up in about 5th for the Holeshot, and fought her way up to 2nd place. So her season definatly started well.

Hopefully my actual bike will be ready for Taft(I borrowed Justins bike for the weekend, I just used my parts for what it needed), I'll be building it this week, because I just got my motor Friday. Hopefully we can get the others up and running to there full potential. Hopefully I will get a little better at starts, won't be late for any races, and won't need to stop to help a hurt rider....I'm hoping i'll get used to the bike a little better by Taft also

Even with the bad luck, and my horrible finishes...it was still fun as hell. All in all, I think it was a decent start to my first serious season.

WORCSYFZ199
01-22-2006, 10:25 PM
yeah my first race didn't go off too good either, spent the 2 nights before the race putting my YFZ together and finally got it and left at 2am and got to the track at about 7 and the line to sign up was huge so naturally we didn't get to sign up in time for the unclassified. This means my YFZ would have no break in time on the engine and also the rear shock was all spring, the idiots at alba messed it up and so it wouldn't adjust, I think they forgot to put oil in it, anyways it also wouldn't start and the rear brakes weren't working after I put new pads in so I had to go to plan B and race my brother's Honda which is nice but with no stabilizer and stock rear shock it was a little harsh and I've only ridden it twice before, so I lined up for Production A, not knowing the course or the quad and having 2 hours of sleep under my belt I got a bad start as usual but figured I'd work my way up, then right after the table coming out of the pits I shift and the quad stopped pulling, I though I just hit nuetral but I look down and see the sprocket spinning and the chain hanging down, so I had a nice view of the race from the sideline and got towed out at the end of the race. Then I raced Open A and didn't do too good, didn't qualify for pro-am, then I did the Sport 15-29 A and had a blast and ended up getting 3rd so I'm happy to have a trophy. I'm just really looking forward to getting my YFZ all prepped for Taft, it's gonna be sweet, I'll see you all there! :D

QuadJunkies
01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
WOW... Was alot of the other riders having a wk end like you two had??!! :eek2: :huh

CannondaleRider
01-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, I think I saw you sitting on the side of the track....were you giving riders the thumbs up as they went by?

I'm the same way though, can't wait to finish up my bike for Taft. I'm ready to go racing again!!

Ex'r Marlin
01-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
In these last three, a guy stalled in the whoops (which were nasty), and I "helped" him along.

Holly cow... Those whoops were "very nasty"! First lap I took a beating going a little too fast for me to handle. I am sure there were quite a few doing the "face plant" on that whoop section!:D

Great pics!

Ex'r Marlin
01-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I had a great time this weekend. Didn't do to well, but it was a lot of fun.

Glad to hear that you still had a great time.

If I remember right, they announced over the intercom that the rider in race 3 that was air lifted out was ok. I believe they announced it just before race 5.

Lots of laughs about the fuel... Same thing happend to a buddy a couple of years ago on a Cannondale. Hopefully that will never happen again to you.

Ex'r Marlin
01-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
yeah my first race didn't go off too good either,... then I did the Sport 15-29 A and had a blast and ended up getting 3rd so I'm happy to have a trophy. I'm just really looking forward to getting my YFZ all prepped for Taft, it's gonna be sweet, I'll see you all there! :D

Congrats!

I noticed quite a few nice setups there this past weekend. Good luck with your YFZ... And make sure you get some sleep!:D

Derno24
01-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Glad to hear that you still had a great time.

If I remember right, they announced over the intercom that the rider in race 3 that was air lifted out was ok. I believe they announced it just before race 5.

Lots of laughs about the fuel... Same thing happend to a buddy a couple of years ago on a Cannondale. Hopefully that will never happen again to you.

You talking bout me? I never ran out just flew like heck to get around the first lap to get fuel.:D

d kelley
01-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Phoenix sure did turn out to be a great race weekend. The track was set up nice and was a blast to ride on. They really have a good set up at speedworld with the drag cars and R.C. airplanes and everything. The flat track section was serious speed and the rest of the track was a great quad track to race on. It was awesome to start the new season out so good with PERFECT weather and epic racing. Everyone we talked to was glad to be getting back to the action and Congrats to anyone who took home some trophies. My son got one for his 1st place in his class (90 mod.) and those things are nice this year. It looks like the WA. racers are going to be strong this year with a good turn out so far from their home and two events in their state. That Sunday pro race was just flat out exciting to watch. If you missed it you missed some great racing action. This is going to a great year of battles between those guys with Logan Holliday running so strong with Josh Frederick and Doug Eichner. It was worth paying for to watch. And speaking of paying, does anyone else wish that the track flyers would start including the track entry fees to get in once we get there? I think it would be nice to know ahead of time what the fees are and have them printed somewhere. Entry fees+fuel cost+track fees=$$$$$. We know that it's not going to be free but we would like to know what to expect. See everyone at Taft and good luck.

WORCSYFZ199
01-23-2006, 09:16 AM
yeah I was the one sitting in the corner of the mx track cheering everyone else on on my brother's quad lol at least I had a good view of the race, but it sucked cause that's as far as i got so I didn't even have a lap in when it was time to race the Open A race, but the course was pretty much the same as last year, just the jumps and that whoops section was different.

400grl
01-23-2006, 09:45 AM
What a great time!!! What a perfect weekend, too! Except it was DAYUM cold!!! I kept sliding around in practice.....I couldn't figure out why - till I went to wash my quad and found out the ground was FROZEN and the mud was actually iced over! LOL!!!

What a turnout!!! Glad so many of you came to AZ!!! I know the WORCS people were happy campers!!

I have to thank my wonderful mechanic and hubby for making sure my YFZ ran flawlessly.......as always!! And this is the first WORCS raced I've run with my RXM/TCM suspension (I was stock last year) and it makes a WORLD of difference!! :)

My Women's A class I had a great race.....no traction due to very bald Kenda's, but plenty o power - so it was fun! I got back a little on the start due to the dirt starts....too much tire spin...bald tires....hahahahahaha.....but I got into second pretty quick and had to ride it out a little behind Brittany Brosious, who was ahead of me - I only had a couple of tearoffs, and the first part of the track was pretty muddy....had to wait to find a good place to pass without getting mudded out.......I passed Brittany on the long straight just before the right hand sweeper onto the vet track......and then I hammered it down. I figured Lynn Prosser was behind me and she'd be showing me a tire at any time, so I just wanted to put as much distance between her and I as I could before my arms pumped up too bad.........every once in a while I'd check back to see where everyone was......and I knew towards the end of the race, that I had a pretty good lead, so I could just ride smooth for the rest........so I finished 1st in Women's A. I was pretty happy with that! :)

My first 30+ A race on Sunday was also really fun....had some good racing with Roy Bloodworth - he and I swapped leads for most of the race.......I got a bad start again (balder tires, muddy start....not good!) and went through all of my tearoffs before the 1st lap was over trying pass guys.....I finally just chilled and started passing on the drier parts of the track.......had to preserve my goggles the best I could......it was SO ROUGH that I had a hard time just hanging on in some places.......I'd get passed in the rough stuff, then when we got to the MX parts, I'd pass them back.......super fun race. I had no idea where I finished, until afterwards - I got 6th in the 30+ A class!! I didn't think I had finished that well - made me a happy and very tired and sore camper! :) I definately need to work more on my whoops......I just can't do those square-edge nasty holes very well.....it's like my piddly arms will just snap in half!! LOL!!!

We took a bunch of pics - I think some are already up......the rest will be up soon......I know there is coverage coming, too - so look for that!!!

Pro races were awesome to watch......great racing action - I think everyone had a great time - even with the final race being as rough as it was......there were some TIRED Pro's coming in that last lap........

Good to meet you guys, too - in person - finally!!!! :) Hope to do a few more of these this year......I have a thing for pain, I guess! :)

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Corry, is it me or does it just take a bit to pull up the pics from your site ??

I see red X's and jpg.'s I cant seem to click on???

Ive had a very slow computer today so I thought maybe it was just me .

400grl
01-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Nope...not you.....our server timed out again while loading the thumbs....the pics are there....the thumbs aren't yet.....and once alot of people get on the site, it slows it way down........we are going to work on trying to fix that issue...in the meantime it's just slow until people get off the site.........what a pain, huh? I will post up some of the better ones later........so you don't have to wait through that.....and we will fix the upload for the thumbs so it's all there when we get home today.........unfortunately I can't fix it from work at all.......

komik
01-23-2006, 11:08 AM
What a great weekend for Racing at the Worcs race. For those who competed at the race, awesome job showing that ATV racing is here to stay with the 400+ entries to meet another milestone for WORCS. Do I hear 500 for Taft?

I got a lot of shots from the weekend (over 2000) , but I am finding it hard to know who was who. The frozen ground that turned to muddy conditions during the morning races made it very difficult to see numbers or even colors. But the afternoon races with Temperatures in the upper 60's.

There was definitly some coverage for the race with many of the big magazines being there, as well as many online sites showing up. I will have photos up soon and will post the link here as I always do. Can't wait to see the photos and race reports here at ATV Riders.

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Nope...not you.....our server timed out again while loading the thumbs....the pics are there....the thumbs aren't yet.....and once alot of people get on the site, it slows it way down........we are going to work on trying to fix that issue...in the meantime it's just slow until people get off the site.........what a pain, huh? I will post up some of the better ones later........so you don't have to wait through that.....and we will fix the upload for the thumbs so it's all there when we get home today.........unfortunately I can't fix it from work at all.......

NP.. Its better than not seeing any pics at all ;)

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by komik
What a great weekend for Racing at the Worcs race. For those who competed at the race, awesome job showing that ATV racing is here to stay with the 400+ entries to meet another milestone for WORCS. Do I hear 500 for Taft?

I got a lot of shots from the weekend (over 2000) , but I am finding it hard to know who was who. The frozen ground that turned to muddy conditions during the morning races made it very difficult to see numbers or even colors. But the afternoon races with Temperatures in the upper 60's.

There was definitly some coverage for the race with many of the big magazines being there, as well as many online sites showing up. I will have photos up soon and will post the link here as I always do. Can't wait to see the photos and race reports here at ATV Riders.

Now THATS what I like hearing !!!!!!:cool:

400grl
01-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by komik

Hey - what magz were there?? That you know of......I know ATVIllustrated was out there....who else?

komik
01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Dirt Wheels, ATV Illustrated, ATV Insider but I did hear there were some others. I heard that of the big 12 ATV magazines at least half of them had showed up for coverage. But I was way in the back desert section where no other photo guys were, trying to get something different.

400grl
01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Holy cow!! That's awesome!!! WORCS has needed the coverage from the big print mags........maybe with the numbers this year, and some good coverage, they will be able to keep the ATV only weekends indefinately! :)

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400grl
[B]Holy cow!! That's awesome!!! WORCS has needed the coverage from the big print mags

AGREED!! And the best way to get this series off the ground to a new level is EXPOSURE!:macho Maybe this will also draw in more sponsors for the event as well.

400grl
01-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh - and something else to keep in mind for everyone joining WORCS....they tested us all at round 1 for sounds.....I failed, my husband failed, and so did many others......if we were to race another round, we'd have to buy a new system.......don't get stuck there with too loud of a pipe! They are enforcing the sound rules at the next round! :eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
If ANYONE got some footage on vidoe and would like for me to host the clips, you can send me a copy of the video or borrow it to me and Ill host it .Ive got plenty of room on my site that I can host the entire series on a temp. basis.

Also, Harlen would also possibly host some clips if they are 10MB or less

clips would have to be caught on mini DV for me to support .

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Oh - and something else to keep in mind for everyone joining WORCS....they tested us all at round 1 for sounds.....I failed, my husband failed, and so did many others......if we were to race another round, we'd have to buy a new system.......don't get stuck there with too loud of a pipe! They are enforcing the sound rules at the next round! :eek2: what pipes failed ?? that might be a good start and what DB was you and your hubbies pipes??

Are any of the minis failing???

Ex'r Marlin
01-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Oh - and something else to keep in mind for everyone joining WORCS....they tested us all at round 1 for sounds.....I failed, my husband failed, and so did many others......if we were to race another round, we'd have to buy a new system.......don't get stuck there with too loud of a pipe! They are enforcing the sound rules at the next round! :eek2:

The guy that did the testing said that last week for the motorcycles, there was only a couple of racers that exceeded the db level, but this week, a lot of quad exhausts exceeded the 101 db max.:confused:

One rider on a 450R was at 112 db's... Went and put in a baffle, and then registered 93 db's... Big difference.

I raced my 416 with a Yoshi pipe with no baffle or screen... 96 db's.:cool:

Question: Does anyone know what will happen if you fail the db level at Taft? I am willing to bet that some racers will race their first race of the season there, and will be greatly dissapointed if they come all the way to race, and then have to drive home without racing because they were a few db's over.

Best of luck to those that have to lower their db's for Taft.

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 01:13 PM
The guy that did the testing said that last week for the motorcycles, there was only a couple of racers that exceeded the db level, but this week, a lot of quad exhausts exceeded the 101 db max.:confused:

One rider on a 450R was at 112 db's... Went and put in a baffle, and then registered 93 db's... Big difference.

I raced my 416 with a Yoshi pipe with no baffle or screen... 96 db's.:cool:

Question: Does anyone know what will happen if you fail the db level at Taft? I am willing to bet that some racers will race their first race of the season there, and will be greatly dissapointed if they come all the way to race, and then have to drive home without racing because they were a few db's over.

Best of luck to those that have to lower their db's for Taft.

LOL. I think my Yoshi on my 440 is the quietest pipe on the track these days LOL

We actually knew of a guy who failed his DB test on his Cdale last year at an event and had a drive back to Wash. It does happen and I heard he was NOT happy!

I wonder if the consistancy in testing will be accurate?? Ive read so many different things on the testing, most of which were not accurate. Lets hope thats not the case for WORCS series.

400grl
01-23-2006, 01:20 PM
My husband and I both have HMF shorty's.......he said they told him he had the loudest pipe at 106.....I was at 104......we run open pipes with no baffles......we might see if HMF has a quiet core for ours....I'm sure that would help.....we can't buy new systems, that's for sure.....maybe stuff a t-shirt in there....hahahahaha

komik
01-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I sat and watched the guy doing the sound tests for the Pro Race as I shot photos of him testing the bikes and I will say this. He was consistent if nothing else in the process he did for the testing. He had them do the same thing over and over. He also retested a couple that failed, whether they passed or not can't say.

The only thing I wondered is halfway thru the testing he moved to a different location where it was closer to a wall. I am no expert or anything but just wondering if the echo off the wall has anything to do with the test.

QuadJunkies
01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Can you tell me if they tested the minis and how they done??

All I know is that here isnt much out there for minis and if they test too high then were out for sure...
I worry about our Stroker mini. It sounds alot louder but alot of it is now vibration the pipe really hasnt changed . My sons should be just fine .

komik
01-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I didn't get a chance to see the mini's, but from what I've been told the 2 stokes are actually quieter than than the 4 strokes. And they are all done the same no matter the bike size. You can get them tested locally, check your local shops but if nothing else call the Forest Service to see if you can get a test done.

d kelley
01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
I tested my Duncan racing Fat Boy 4 and it blew a 106db. I talked to Lenny Duncan about it and he said there was no way that could be right. This was a fairly new exhaust (less than 30 hrs.) with a turn down. Apparently there are a couple different factors that affect this test like rpm, angle of the meter, and any back ground noise. I am not sure if the meter was zeroed before the test or what exactly are the standards for the test. I am going to repack before Taft but I have checked California DMV site (GOOGLE "noise testing") and the highest db they had was a 97.4db for 2004 yfz with a fat boy 4 exhaust. Hope this doesnt cause everyone a problem we cant fix. Someone get some standards on testing up for us!

quadjeff
01-23-2006, 04:00 PM
My Rossier blew 100 db.. Here are some tips.. Also here is a link..

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/j1287_199807.pdf
http://www.4strokes.com/tech/measure_exh_sound.pdf
the actual "SAE J1287" spec. is a document your supposed to buy, so I can't post it, but in a nutshell you test the sound at a 45 degree angle, 20" from the exhaust at about 3000 rpm (but it varies for different bikes).

and here are some tips to be sure its accurate................

1) Location : are you clear of any other sound influences such as objects, walls, or vehicles that can reflect or bounce sound waves back at you? Remember, 16’ is the rule!
2) Is your airbox modified? This can add to the sound level.
3) Are your levers and skid plate secure or rattling? The harmonics of loose components can increase the decibal rating and when it comes to sound — every little bit counts.
4) Are your buddies standing right next to you watching the test?
5) Is the exhaust outlet obstructed?
6) Is the sound equipment ANSI approved?
7) Has the sound equipment been calibrated prior to doing your test?
8 ) It the mic positioned at a 45° angle?
9) Is the mic closer than 20” to the exhaust?
10) Is the mic covered with a wind sock?
11) Is your bike at the right temperature?
12) Is your silencer packing properly maintained?
13) Are you being tested at the right Model Test RPM specification?
14) Have you asked for a second or third sound check?

If you fail at Taft you will be red tagged. You can still ride but will not be able to race any after Taft. You will have to fix the noise sooner or later.. All nationals are holding sound test and most races at a state level will be sooner than later.. People like to build housing developments next to our riding areas...

daddio
01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
very good info "quadjeff". :cool: :cool: :cool:

clyde 57
01-23-2006, 07:51 PM
anybody have the pro results both days

400grl
01-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Josh Frederick won Pro motos on Sat and Sunday - Sunday's Pro main saw a finish of Josh Frederick, Doug Eichner, and then Logan Holladay......

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
d kelley

Will you be doing the write up of the Phoenix round in the Race Coverage Section?? Just curious whos doing it :)

d kelley
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey Quadjunkie! I would be happy to do that but it is not something I really know how to do do, my family and I just love the whole race thing and really enjoy being apart of your guys race community. I will always write anything interesting though and hope to see everyone at Taft CA! If anyone knows Arron Wentz, #145. I would like to ask him a guestion about some equipment he uses, please ask him to drop a line on here if he can. Thanks.

out4sand
01-24-2006, 03:48 PM
What a great time! First race on a new bike and I'm really looking forward to Taft!!

As for the sound, they said that if you are not in compliance by round 3 you will not be able to race. At round 2 they are going to be checking and red flagging you if you do not pass. You will be able to but it will be noted in a book that you were red flagged. You will then be tested again at round 3 and if you do not pass they'll send you home.

400grl - I think you may have been nice enough to let us borrow your pressure washer after the unclassified race on Saturday. If that was indeed you, thanks a ton!! Hopefully you found the stickers I left for you on your table as a small thank you. I didn't realize it may have been you until I returned the washer.

400grl
01-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey - yeah!! That was me!! :) I was wondering where those stickers came from! LOL!! :) Thanks so much for bringing it back all nice and neat, too........that was really nice! You can use it anytime you see me!

WORCS 133
01-24-2006, 03:56 PM

Will you be doing the write up of the Phoenix round in the Race Coverage Section?? Just curious whos doing it :)

The race coverage will be up soon, We are writing it tonight so sit tight. And yes both my wife and I are doing WORCS Race Coverage every round for ATVRiders :D

d kelley

Aaron Wentz is a friend of mine, what were you looking for?

d kelley
01-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the reply worcs133, Aaron uses a wrist brace that he showed to me and I am trying to found out what brand it is or where he got it. Sure appreciate the help, thanks.

WORCS 133
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I will shoot him an e-mail and find out for ya

WORCS 133
01-24-2006, 10:49 PM
here is what he said:

ALLSPORT DYNAMICS, click on the page to INNOVATION SPORTS at the bottom for the details. You have to call ALLSPORT to order them. It was over $275.00

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by WORCS 133
The race coverage will be up soon, We are writing it tonight so sit tight. And yes both my wife and I are doing WORCS Race Coverage every round for ATVRiders :D

d kelley

Aaron Wentz is a friend of mine, what were you looking for? I cant sit tight , I have ants in my pants for the race Coverage!!:blah: :macho ;)

QuadJunkies
01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
So how many of you raced Milford a few years ago?? I have a video of some of that round, Ill have to host some of it so you can all see how much this series has GROWN!:eek2:

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 12:24 AM
What a great time! First race on a new bike and I'm really looking forward to Taft!!

As for the sound, they said that if you are not in compliance by round 3 you will not be able to race. At round 2 they are going to be checking and red flagging you if you do not pass. You will be able to but it will be noted in a book that you were red flagged. You will then be tested again at round 3 and if you do not pass they'll send you home.

400grl - I think you may have been nice enough to let us borrow your pressure washer after the unclassified race on Saturday. If that was indeed you, thanks a ton!! Hopefully you found the stickers I left for you on your table as a small thank you. I didn't realize it may have been you until I returned the washer.
Mike, congrats on your finish!!

I guess our freinds here locally did not fair so well and had some bad luck like a few others did :(

wilkin250r
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Hmm. Phoenix, Taft, Havesu, Victorville, Pismo, this year's series seems to be centrally-located. There are a few races way up north, but most of them seem to be within a few hours drive of each other.

out4sand
01-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey - yeah!! That was me!! I was wondering where those stickers came from! LOL!! Thanks so much for bringing it back all nice and neat, too........that was really nice! You can use it anytime you see me!
Thanks for the offer!! We left a lot of stuff at home for this trip due to using the smallest trailer...driving 2945.5 miles round trip defiantly made packing somewhat light a must. If you are able to make it to either of the Washington races, please let me know and we'll make sure you and your crew are taken care of ;)

Mike, congrats on your finish!!

I guess our friends here locally did not fair so well and had some bad luck like a few others did :(

Thanks!! It certainly was rough but fun none the less. Many of the guys that headed down with us didn't fair so well either - 2 guys had blown rear shocks, one lost his entire rear brake caliper in the Pro main, and another lost his air filter resulting in the throttle sticking wide open and a DNF.

QuadJunkies
01-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the offer!! We left a lot of stuff at home for this trip due to using the smallest trailer...driving 2945.5 miles round trip defiantly made packing somewhat light a must. If you are able to make it to either of the Washington races, please let me know and we'll make sure you and your crew are taken care of ;)

Thanks!! It certainly was rough but fun none the less. Many of the guys that headed down with us didn't fair so well either - 2 guys had blown rear shocks, one lost his entire rear brake caliper in the Pro main, and another lost his air filter resulting in the throttle sticking wide open and a DNF.

we went out on the trails the week after the Idaho round, you should have seen all the parts that was left in the sand trails!:huh :eek2:

Troy raced with NO BRAKES last year he lost his the first lap(front and rear) I dunno how he pulled off a poduim finish ...lol

clyde 57
01-26-2006, 07:27 PM
does anybody have the race order for this past weekend Icould not find anything on there website

Ex'r Marlin
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by clyde 57
does anybody have the race order for this past weekend Icould not find anything on there website

SATURDAY
Race 1... 45 minute race.
Unclassified race

Race 2... 30 minute race.
91-125cc OPEN
71-90cc MOD 8-15yrs
71-90cc STOCK 8-15yrs
51-70cc MOD 6-11 yrs

Race 3... 60 minute race.
Production PRO
Production A
Production B
Stock A
Stock B

Race 4... 50 minute race.
12-15yrs MOD (200cc 2strk 350cc 4strk)
12-15yrs STOCK
Utility

Race 5... 50 minute race
Women A
Stock C
Sport C 15-29yrs
Vet 30 + C
Master 40 + C
Senior 50 +

Race 6... 60 minute race.
Open PRO
Open A
Open B

Race 7... 50 minute race.
Women B & C
Sport 8-15yrs (71-90cc)

Race 8... TEAM RACE... 40 minutes
PRO
A
B
C
Family

****SUNDAY****
Race 9... 50 minute race.
200cc Stock C
350cc Stock C
Open C
Production C
12-15yrs 200cc OPEN (200cc 2strk 350cc 4strk)

Race 10... 60 minute race.
Sport 15-29yrs A
Sport 15-29yrs B
Vet 30 + A
Vet 30 + B
Master 40 + A
Master 40 + B

Race 11... 20 minute race.
70cc Stock 6-11yrs
50cc Stock 7-8yrs
50cc Stock 4-6yrs
50-70cc OPEN

Race 12... 90 minute race.
PRO
PRO-AM

QuadJunkies
01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
30 minutes for the minis??Did they shorten it??

I think last year they done 45 minutes at the Idaho round

WORCSYFZ199
01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
So how many of you raced Milford a few years ago?? I have a video of some of that round, Ill have to host some of it so you can all see how much this series has GROWN!:eek2:

Hell yeah! lol let me know where it is? I raced that in 03 and 04 I actually won the Production B class there in 04 so it would be cool to see.

QuadJunkies
01-27-2006, 11:47 PM
It was in 03. We had a group of 11 riders that went down for the trip.I think myole man took 4th in B that year on His predator, Eichner was on Kawaski.

I have some pics up of that race on this site somewhere.

QuadJunkies
01-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Here ya go!!
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78349&highlight=worcs

Dayum.. I wish I could run that HILL! :blah:

Ill dig for the video over the wk end.. Not much on there cause I took mostly pics