PDA

View Full Version : rapter?

One_Bad_400
07-02-2002, 08:42 PM
in a drag race how much can a stock rapter beet a stock 400 ?

wa is the top speed of a rapter?

400exredrider
07-04-2002, 09:23 PM
umm..:confused: rapter??:rolleyes: its Raptor dude:devil

One_Bad_400
07-04-2002, 09:55 PM
thanx man, that really helped:) i appreciate it, you seem like a real knowledgeable about the subject i asked about

no offense to anyone here, but over 50% of the posts on this forum are just b.s., people reply that have nothing to say about the subject at hand, just want to be a ***** and make fun of somebody, also 95% of the threads about 250ex's don't ever even get answered, they just make a big thing about "why are you spending money on a 250 when you could just get a 400." especially the people who don't even own a 400, they own a blaster, or some small to midsized quad like that. and people calling raptOrs "craptors" when the truth is, that with the same skill level riders, a raptOr could whoop a 400(stock for stock, or both modded) and then reverse out if getting stuck, and stay much cooler while doing all this. i'm really tired of it, i hardly even come to this forum anymore cause of things like this

btw, that was my 11 yr. old brother who wrote that post, that's why it was spelled wrong, he makes most of the posts under my s/n because of the reasons i just listed

also, i'm not freaking out, or offended by what redrider said, i'm just saying what i think

400exredrider
07-05-2002, 12:55 AM
k i belive ya....but this is a great site and for top speed or a raptor is for 73-78............haha:D

07-05-2002, 06:47 PM
a stock raptor will run around 75 mph. and the drag race thing, my 400ex, with complete ct racign exhaust, 170 main jet, and modded airbox with filter will beat a raptor with complete big gun, pro flow intake system, and stage 2 jets. just my 02.

LEE314EX
07-08-2002, 11:00 PM
i must also complain about the amount of rude posts being made isnt one of the rules no attacking i belive it is so lets all stop

Nausty
07-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
thanx man, that really helped:) i appreciate it, you seem like a real knowledgeable about the subject i asked about

and people calling raptOrs "craptors" when the truth is, that with the same skill level riders, a raptOr could whoop a 400(stock for stock, or both modded) and then reverse out if getting stuck, and stay much cooler while doing all this.

umm I don't even know if this is worth replying but I only find that true powerwise. When it comes to mx riding:D :D a 400ex kicks either moded vs modded or stock vs stock plain and simple. Also you sure seem real knowledgeable about raptors all the sudden when the topic started with you asking to know about them.

MxDale71
07-09-2002, 07:44 AM
So a stock bore 400ex w/ pipe, filter, and jet kit will out run a Raptor?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Thats the funniest thing I've heard! A 440ex w/ cam, filter, pipe, jet kit, and rev box will BARELY outrun my stock Dale and my stock Dale will barely outrun a stock Raptor. Sorry but a Raptor (especially piped) will eat up a 400ex. It will out run out by about 5 lengths in a 300 ft drag and it will keep on pulling. If you out ran a piped Raptor with your piped EX, the guy on the Raptor must have been about 8 years old and stalled it 3 times at the start.

Not trying to be a butt hole, I would just hate it if a kid read these posts and actually thought a 400ex could outrun a Raptor and than made a fool of himself telling his friends that.

07-09-2002, 01:37 PM
well, gotta take into considertaion that mabe the 440 rider xouldt ride for crap either

MxDale71
07-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Naw, he's a pretty damn good rider. ****, don't get me wrong. None of use are pro riders but we will all probably move up to the pro class next season. We both ride the intermediate class. He was racing one time and they combined the intermediate and pro class and he still got 3rd in the holeshot out of a total 12 on the gate w/ a majority being pro riders.

We can both ride pretty decently.

One_Bad_400
07-10-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Nausty

umm I don't even know if this is worth replying but I only find that true powerwise. When it comes to mx riding:D :D a 400ex kicks either moded vs modded or stock vs stock plain and simple. Also you sure seem real knowledgeable about raptors all the sudden when the topic started with you asking to know about them.

i know a lot about raptors & i'm not the one who asked the question, as i said, my little brother started that thread, not me

roostin_dale
07-16-2002, 11:52 PM
Sotkc i think the raptor goes 73 and 400ex goes 63! Im not sure so no one go flamin me!

Pro400EXC
07-17-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

no offense to anyone here, but over 50% of the posts on this forum are just b.s., people reply that have nothing to say about the subject at hand, just want to be a ***** and make fun of somebody, also 95% of the threads about 250ex's don't ever even get answered, they just make a big thing about "why are you spending money on a 250 when you could just get a 400." especially the people who don't even own a 400, they own a blaster, or some small to midsized quad like that. and people calling raptOrs "craptors" when the truth is, that with the same skill level riders, a raptOr could whoop a 400(stock for stock, or both modded) and then reverse out if getting stuck, and stay much cooler while doing all this. i'm really tired of it, i hardly even come to this forum anymore cause of things like this

btw, that was my 11 yr. old brother who wrote that post, that's why it was spelled wrong, he makes most of the posts under my s/n because of the reasons i just listed

also, i'm not freaking out, or offended by what redrider said, i'm just saying what i think

Hahah Yah, we call them Craptors cause all they are is C-R-A-P. Lets see here for a second, ummm.... all of the Pro-Production riders ride 400ex's,with the exception of a few C-dales and a Raptor.

But wha comes on by that raptor in the races? thats right folks, the 400ex beats the Raptor in the race,and they are both Modded with great riders. Hmmmmm... seems to me, Yamaha just wanted to rush out a big bore quad,so ppl can hear 660R and think thye will Be GOD cause they own the "all mighty" 660R Raptor.

Also Raptor=73mph
400ex=65mph
DS650=74mph
Banshee=72mph
C-dale Speed=75mph
LT500R=78mph

Also, asince I shortedned my T4,I must have gained at least 3mph, cause me and my buddy both have 20' Holeshots(he has razr's) 155 main,T4 pipes(mine is the shory) and he has a UNI fdilter,plus his is newer. And i pull on him.

roostin_dale
07-17-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Pro400EXC

Hmmmmm... seems to me, Yamaha just wanted to rush out a big bore quad,so ppl can hear 660R and think they will Be GOD cause they own the "all mighty" 660R Raptor.

Yea...i agree....Good point;)