PDA

View Full Version : another one bites the dust

stroker97
01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
i thought that thee 700 r was fast soi realy didn't want to race my buddys today but i did anyways and took it buy 2 quads length in 3rd gear and kept pulling away the whole time.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-01-2006, 05:21 PM
i had the same attitude about a yfz ... same out come too , i just kept pulling away :devil:

stroker97
01-01-2006, 05:24 PM
yea its funny the raptor fourm says the 700 wins every time

yank, yank,:rolleyes:

450r51
01-01-2006, 05:35 PM
yamaha racing yamaha..... theres no winner.....there both losers.

stroker97
01-01-2006, 05:41 PM
we have to everyone around here is smart and buys a yamaha

you can bring those r's on any day

450r51
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
sry drag racing is a joke in my eyes, it takes no skill to go in a straight line, ill race on the mx track any day.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
sry drag racing is a joke in my eyes, it takes no skill to go in a straight line, ill race on the mx track any day.

exaclty what he said , Ill bring on this R anytime you want ;)

stroker97
01-01-2006, 06:21 PM
well come on over and we can do it any time:D :D :D

if the 250 r even still run

xx3003xrdrxx
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
HAHAHAHA .... yahhhhhhhh :p better hope your battery doesnt go dead racerboy.:blah:

JRP
01-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
HAHAHAHA .... yahhhhhhhh :p better hope your battery doesnt go dead racerboy.:blah:

lmfao! hahahaha i hate electric starting quads! expecially yamahas.. lol..

stroker97
01-01-2006, 07:31 PM
nothing wrong with my electric start but have fun kicking starting yours if it even starts

yamahas rule:cool: :cool: :cool:

xx3003xrdrxx
01-01-2006, 07:40 PM
uhh huh , while that pos batter of yours is trying to crank over that wee little motor ill be crossing the finish line haha :blah:

this has to be the stupidest thing ive ever argued about but hell , im bored.

hondardr4life
01-01-2006, 07:49 PM
You mean your yfz hasn't caught on fire and burnt to the ground yet?? AND the motor still runs too!! haha, j/p. I do hate electric start though. I can't wait to pick up my 250r:devil:

MXRACER86
01-01-2006, 10:26 PM
yamaha racing yamaha..... theres no winner.....there both losers.

LMAO!!!!!

allamonyfz450
01-02-2006, 06:32 AM
you honda guys are all alike, yamaha finally has something better and you cant take it ! go post some replys about hondas in the slow section where someone cares!!:D

450r51
01-02-2006, 09:57 AM
relax there buddy. im sure all of us honda guys that have 450rs would ride the yfz if they didnt have the 450r. i know i would.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
i bet this slow honda would light that yamahaha up on a track ;)

914racer
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
I bet my yfz would woop all those 450r's.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
that is a nice quad !

450r51
01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
with that purple frame, i bet other riders just start laughing and cant race cuz they are laughing too hard.:devil:

very nice quad!! its different.

Toadz400
01-02-2006, 09:46 PM
This thread sucks. I was going to wait and see how many pages of "Yamaha sucks, Ride Red forever!" and "Honda sucks, Yamaha is sooo much better roflmao!!" but I decided to just come out and say it. It's really getting lame how much this goes on...I think I'm going to stop coming to this site and stay over at YFZCentral, sure there's some of that over there but not nearly as much. There are quite a few Yamaha riders who would ride Red if they had the money to own both, it's all a preference and neither are better than the other...I know I'd own both, and I have owned both Honda and Yamaha. I love both, so I don't see why they just can't get along? Too many young immature people on this site who can't accept things like that.

aroracer72
01-03-2006, 02:49 AM
And while you yamaha and honda owners are arguing and griping ill be tearing it up on a real quad...a cannondale :p :blah:

I own all three...all have there pluses. Yfz's have a nice ahrd hitting powerband, 450rs are mellow and easy to ride..and with money......get really fast. And dales are a mix of the two. Nuetral handoing...smooth but powerful powerband, and are unique.

But ill end all of this, you all can do what you want.....but outhandle/outpower my cannondale with a Falicon 468stroker crank, 250r conversion kit, and the otehr goodies........and youll make history!!!! :macho

:rolleyes: cant we all jsut get along???.....GROUP HUG!!!!!
CHAD

914racer
01-03-2006, 08:33 AM
yea your right i would ride a 450r if i had one id actually like to have one of each.

aroracer72
01-03-2006, 09:04 AM
New note, drove a 06 450r yesterday, man its gonna be a favorite among racers if the shootouts dont ruin sales. Shrue its a little stiff on the suspension, but man the motor is awesome.

And im jsut curious...whats the details of your drag races agaisnt teh new raptor 700's. Basically what was done to the yfz and the 700r. And i eman everything, baffle removed, airbox removed..cams...anything that isnt stock stock from teh dealer.
CHAD

trx400exxracer
01-03-2006, 09:17 AM
my brother smoked a 700 raptor on his 2006 450er it is fast

he ordered Elkas and got his fully adjustable fronts and he is waiting on his rear longtravel and I think he is getting a couple of engine mods but t is alreaady fast as it is:eek2:

raptorrider314
01-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Hondas are like the special olympics, Even if you win your still a retard

xx3003xrdrxx
01-16-2006, 11:41 AM
and your about as cool as aids

aroracer72
01-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Why all the insults on honda????

Ive personally driven the 06 yfz, 700, and honda 450r. They all have there pluses. The honda is harsh in choppy and small whoops, but you mess with the clicks and they improve a TON. And yfz feels more like a trail quad suspension wise, and motor feels damn near identical to the 440 yfz's. And the honda, woww they did something to it, cause it is fast as heck. Then you throw on jsut a HRC kit, and its rediculous how fast it is. With a pipe and airbox lid off the new honda cant be touched by the raptor or yfz with same mods.
CHAD
(doesnt mean the yfz is slow though!!!!...nor the raptor 700r!!!!!)

Crackhead_Willy
01-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by aroracer72
Why all the insults on honda????

Ive personally driven the 06 yfz, 700, and honda 450r. They all have there pluses. The honda is harsh in choppy and small whoops, but you mess with the clicks and they improve a TON. And yfz feels more like a trail quad suspension wise, and motor feels damn near identical to the 440 yfz's. And the honda, woww they did something to it, cause it is fast as heck. Then you throw on jsut a HRC kit, and its rediculous how fast it is. With a pipe and airbox lid off the new honda cant be touched by the raptor or yfz with same mods.
CHAD
(doesnt mean the yfz is slow though!!!!...nor the raptor 700r!!!!!)

Actually, it was the Honda guys that started the Yamaha insults in a Yamaha forum. Personally, I like both quads, but I chose the Yamaha because I liked it better because of the way the power hits and the lower ride height. You can also do a few free mods on the YFZ that will add quite a bit of horsepower. My buddy has a 2005 450R with more mods (HRC,cams,full exhaust, aftermarket filter,etc.) than I have and I beat him every time we race and I only have an aftermarket slip on and filter. Honda definitely stepped it up in 2006 though and did some things that they should have done on the 2004/2005 model such as the FCR carb which makes a huge difference. The 2006s are so close that it is going to come down to rider skill 9 out of 10 times.

All_Out_06
01-18-2006, 11:18 AM
i smoked 2 450rs this weekend at the badlands....i expected a little more out of them....cant expect too much from a honda i guess... and it was a friend of a guy who owned an 06 yfz, and he even said i blew him away... and drag racing takes skill...... its all about position of your body, when and where to put it, and u have to have very good reaction time. and going in a "straight line" can be very dangerous.... maybe ur just mad cuz u suck at drag racing...?

http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=41693

i took what he said rong at first, then he cleared it up ;)

R_rocket
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
stroker97 where do u ride? not sure if i have see your quad before.

m1ke
01-20-2006, 08:18 PM
wow bashing yamaha your so cool and badass too bad your heaps of s.hit by statistics dont have s.hit on the yfz :D and what the hells wrong with electric start? just cause your cheapass didnt pay for the upgrade doesnt mean theres anything wrong with it why dont you go shove your rude comments up your a.ss where they shall stay?

m1ke
01-20-2006, 08:25 PM
You know that the honda rider's are insecure as they are when they come into the YAMAHA Forum and post their arrogant comments which somehow in some twisted way makes them feel good :rolleyes:

I ride a honda and im quickly losing respect for this forum. There is alot of self absorbed, arrogant, obnoxious people on here.

aroracer72
01-20-2006, 08:46 PM
I agree with the rude comments part....but why does each manufacturer owner think tehres whoops the other????!!!!

I OWN ALL THREE MAJOR QUADS EVER BUILT!!!!.....Dale, yfz and 450r..........have friends that own yfz's...450r's.....have done repeated drag, track, trail, hill climb, and other various tests/races, and the YAMAHA DOESNT WHOMP ON TEH HONDA!!!!!.....nor does the honda whoop the yamaha. But tested two 06 yfz's and 3 06 honda's, 1 yamaha and honda were bone stock, and the otehrs had HRC kits and GYTR pipes, and the honda/yamaha tied sjut about on average on flat drags, hill cimbs the 450r won by two quad lengths everytime...on a 300ft 30 degree gravel/dirt/sand hill(three seperate hills). As for track tests, the stock honda tires SUCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!....the yfz's handle very VERY well, but i had two sets of mx razr's on wheels..(one honda...one yamaha pattern)....and the 450r pulled 3+ second faster lap times with everyone except one(who owns a yfz...and is a very untalented rider).

And the other test riders/participants were suzuki z400 owners, 300ex owners, blaster racers...dirtbike racers, and me, a expert quad racer.

The results were the honda had more power(and smoother)...while the yfz had a little ahrder hitting midrang, and softer feel on super bad bumps, but all around, after messing with the 450r clickers, it became better. Now as for final FINAL turn out of votes, here are the numbers.

12 total riders
```Track```
(with razr mx's) 10 for honda...2 for yamaha

```Trail```
7 for the honda.........5 for the yamaha

```Hill climb```
12 for the honda.....100% unanamous vote

and the people on majority who voted for yamaha, owned yamah's themselves, and vote soo...even though they had faster times on the honda!!!!(85% of the time)

But then there is my vote, and the vote for bone BONE stock, from teh dealer untouched, Is a tie!!!!!!!!!!

With just tires, and adjsutments to teh shocks, my vote goes honda.

With pipe, airbox lid off, and perfect jetting(o2 sensor was used for tuning)........i wouldnt get off of the 450r..jsut enjoyed it that much more.

Even in previous years yfz's were voerrated. NOT saying they were crappy, but stock older 450r's verse stock older yfz's....drags were tied!!!...and as far as comfort and ease of riding...the 450r was superrior.

ONE THING I GIVE TO THE YFZ......is VALVE TRAIN MAINTENECE!!

450r valves need to be adjsuted more then ocne a season, usually about 4 tiems for how much i ride. The yfz, needs maybe one adjsutment a season, if even that!!!!...which i find a super POSITIVE!!!!

All in all though, they are equal, and suit certain riders. I ride my fastest on a neutral handling chassis with a smooth, but powerful motor. The yfz feels Flicky, and the motor jsut hits suddenly for me to make my fast turns. But thats jsut me, and this was my 2 cents.
CHAD

m1ke
01-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Timmy bought a 450r cause Johnny got a 450r..........
The 450r=overrated.....

The hard facts about the YFZ:

In case Yamaha hasn’t pounded it into your brain, the YFZ450 has won every magazine shootout it has been in. It is the fastest and best handling high performance machine produced today. Its competition can be made competitive, but the performance Yamaha delivers off the show room floor is unrivaled.

Hands down, the bulk of the crowd who owns/owned/races claim the YFZ wins. The YFZ450 is the first of it's kind.

aroracer72
01-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Lmao.....now i cant resist.

You know that the magazines are payed off right????
If you dont, then your not part of the "in" crowd, me and 3 other pro-am and high level amateurs say completely differently about the yfz. Its fast yes, its got good handling yes. First of tis kind, LMAO.....dales are far mroe advanced..and still to this very day arnt even close to being caught up too(whioch is partially a good thing...lol).

The new 450r has MORE power, proven on the dyno already..even from the bias magazines.

I dont wanna get into immature arguements saying yamaha sucks..cause they dont. Im jsut saying they are overrated, and all teh magazines point out about honda are the negatives, and then beat them too a pulp into your brain and only say the good things here and there.

Some important friends of mine have had talks with editors of magazines which will be annonomous, and are payed to bend the truth or make the test conditions favor the payed off manufacturer.

For isntance the newest shootout, they say the 450r wants to tip, and wont break loose. Thats cause your running soft ARSE compound tires on tacky clay....OF COURSE ITS GOING TO TIP!!!!!

And also, how do the 04 450's(honda and yamaha)...end up dead even top end drag races......and thats wehn the 450r was "slow and doggish" .....and now..when the 450r is being called a power monster by dirtwheels...and they STILL tie in a drag race.......its cause the conditions they dragged in were prolly in teh yamah's favor. If you put a identical set of tires on each 450r....then it would be MUCH more fair. I jsut find it funny how people call yfz's amazing when i have 3 friends who own all brand new 06 yfz's, and i have a 04 450r..with a tired motor....18 inch tires(not re geared either) and air box lid removed.....and it only lost a drag race agaisnt a piped yfz by 5mph with air box lid off...with a 110pd(expert) rider on the yfz...(i weigh 180pds). I mean its funny how people actually bilieve the magazines....because they are all payed off.

And if you think there not, or this is an excuse to back up honda...its not....because i lvoe dales.....not honda's or yamaha's.
CHAD

m1ke
01-21-2006, 12:53 AM
So basically if the actual tests are a big lie and their somehow paid to say YAMAHA is the best I guess what your saying is wrong too. I've never heard of this paid to say this. Sounds quirky to me. Why can't people just accept the fact that the YFZ blows the plastic off the Honda? Dude, even the new Zuki's sposed to kill the TRX450R. **** happens dude, Honda's not ALWAYS ahead... All the manufacturer's will take turns being in the foreground. Just like car companies.

:D

250r4life
01-21-2006, 01:29 AM
of course i cant let the "I OWN ALL THREE MAJOR QUADS EVER BUILT!!!!.....Dale, yfz and 450r.........." just go... major quad ever built huh, and no 250r ? hmm... yah the cannondale is so bad that how many years was it built? oh, thats right, it was the best quad ever made so cannondale made so much money and they keep being a rider's choice today... right...

i hate to tell all you guys, but the yfz is faster than the 450r... in 06 the gap was closed, but it definately was in earlier years... i dont know about the lt450 beating the honda- i havent raced an lt450 that i have been impressed with. nor the raptor 700. if i was going to ride anything besides my 250r, it would definately be a yfz

450r51
01-21-2006, 09:54 AM
i hope all u idiots know its rider and how u set up your bike!!! stop argueing. theres no point.

i do have to say one thing, look at what all the major engine builders are saying..ie:dasa,duncan racing,sparks,and white bros. there all building up 450r engines....they must be doing that for a reason, because they realize that yes maybe the 450r isnt as fast as the yamaha, but they know its a much more realiable motor so thats why the build them.

its amazing how yamaha guys cant get it through there head that people want reliability over top speed.

stroker97
01-21-2006, 10:41 AM
i hope all u idiots know its rider and how u set up your bike!!! stop argueing. theres no point.

i do have to say one thing, look at what all the major engine builders are saying..ie:dasa,duncan racing,sparks,and white bros. there all building up 450r engines....they must be doing that for a reason, because they realize that yes maybe the 450r isnt as fast as the yamaha, but they know its a much more realiable motor so thats why the build them.

its amazing how yamaha guys cant get it through there head that people want reliability over top speed.

no they are building up 450r so they can try to keep up with a yfz and its not going to happen

450r51
01-21-2006, 10:57 AM
if they are so slow then how come all of the pros are switching to honda????

aroracer72
01-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Was refferring to 4 strokes.

And the 250r in my mind, was the number one reason why were at were we are this very day..
And i know why i never come here, too many brand loyal owners who just have one train of thought. Im out of here.
Chad

m1ke
01-21-2006, 11:42 AM

So who are you to say YAMAHA's aren't reliable and durable?
Dude own one first before you start barking out your false/rude comments. But I forgot, you know everything.

You guys spend an awful lot of time worrying about YAMAHA when you don't own/like them. Too much time on hands or somethin....

m1ke
01-21-2006, 11:47 AM

And the 250r in my mind, was the number one reason why were at were we are this very day..
And i know why i never come here, too many brand loyal owners who just have one train of thought. Im out of here.
Chad

you being one of those brand loyal owners....

aroracer72
01-21-2006, 11:59 AM
No, im loyal to cannondale, thats why im a good candidate to give honest answers about these two manufacturers(honda and yamaha).

The new 06's were dyno'ed at a local dealer, and the 450r (both 450's had TT-tires on tehm in the rear..for accurate dyno numbers) and the 450r put out 1 mroe horse from bottom to about 4500rpm, then 5000-7000rpm it had a 5-7hp ADVANTAGE over the yfz, then at about 8000 they equalled off, and then after 800 the honda dived down and the yfz gained 2 hp over the 450r.

Then, to make REAL life fairness, we put a header on the 450r(its FAR smaller then teh yfz's head pipe)...and thats all we added, and the numbers increased more on mid-top end by 1-2hp.

And then on speed runs down a PAVED road...with TT tires on BOTH quads, they both jumped out fairly equad then after first gear the 450r pulled a quad length lead, and then third gear leaped forward again about half a quad length, then it was at a standstill teh rest of the way.

Bilieve what you want, talk as you want, but all i care is that i know the truth and soo do many local racers and riders around my area.

And ohh yeah, stock yfz's hold up great. But add high compression and cams and add pro stress, ive personally seen 5 cranks bad. Two of them rods broke right in half, and the otehrs had bottom end wrist pin failure. And the 450r's only have thrust washers issues, and once you put different thrust washers in, it will outlast the yfz in durability under highly modified stress.
CHAD

m1ke
01-21-2006, 12:01 PM
yada yada.... give it a rest...

250xridamatt
01-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Do you have a yfz450 yet m1ke? I also agree with what aoracer72 has to say about the magazines. Its completely possible that Yamaha throws a little extra money at them to help them win the shootouts. If the only thing people look at is magazine shootouts to decide what they want, then they will sell even more yfz450s. Its a great way to sell more product.

Also, when trying to decide what to run, dont base it off of what the pros use. Base it off of the semi pro guys. The semi pros are the ones that have to pay for most of their stuff, so they want to get the best and highest quality things.

stroker97
01-22-2006, 12:52 AM
on farm land most of the but i also rid in the riding park too

Originally posted by R_rocket
stroker97 where do u ride? not sure if i have see your quad before.

stroker97
01-22-2006, 12:54 AM
so they have something to do in between races
hondas=turning wrenches

if they are so slow then how come all of the pros are switching to honda????

stroker97
01-22-2006, 12:56 AM
your right those 250r's are so nice that even people with 15g's in one are having a hard time selling them for $2500 but they sure are # one look out

Chad

R_rocket
01-22-2006, 12:59 AM
rite on! Do u ever go to L st bridge.( there is a name for it but i cant remember the name?

stroker97
01-22-2006, 01:01 AM
every know and then

red33quad
01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
This has got to be the worst forum i've ever seen. You guys sound like a bunch of freaking idiots. Grow up !!!!!!!!

aroracer72
01-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah i agree, and i became one by actually trying to talk to these stubborn ignorant individuals.

Stroker, those race quads are selling for soo cheap because the demand has gone down drastically. People want new quads now cause finally theres soemthing good enough new to buy and modify, so the 250r's are no longer needed, thats why they sell so cheap.

So what you said made NO sense in proving me wrong or whatever the heck you were trying to do.
Everytime i read one of your replies it literally makes me laugh at how you think your making sense or showing me up.
CHAD
(btw nice clean yfz stroker97...yes that was a compliment)

and the 15,000 dollar 250r's are selling for 5000, not 2500, but thats still really low for the investment.

yoshimurakfx400
01-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
This thread sucks. I was going to wait and see how many pages of "Yamaha sucks, Ride Red forever!" and "Honda sucks, Yamaha is sooo much better roflmao!!" but I decided to just come out and say it. It's really getting lame how much this goes on...I think I'm going to stop coming to this site and stay over at YFZCentral, sure there's some of that over there but not nearly as much. There are quite a few Yamaha riders who would ride Red if they had the money to own both, it's all a preference and neither are better than the other...I know I'd own both, and I have owned both Honda and Yamaha. I love both, so I don't see why they just can't get along? Too many young immature people on this site who can't accept things like that.

this is dumb we all know the KTM quad will own them all

Crackhead_Willy
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by yoshimurakfx400
this is dumb we all know the KTM quad will own them all

Maye it will :D . Actually, I can't wait to see the KTM quad and the new Suzuki even though I ride a YFZ. I think we should all stop arguing about which quad is best and should all be grateful that the quad manufactures have been stepping up to the plate and putting out some great machines:cool:

Racing Rice
01-25-2006, 06:06 AM
I, for once, would like to see people argue about who is the best rider.. Then actually prove it.

Any more all of the performance Sport Quads are so close that the better rider is going to win every time! Who cares what you are racing on. If you bring real skill to the table you shouldn't have to worry about the brand of quad that is sitting on the line next to you.

If some of the people here spent as much time practicing as they do argue whether Honda or Yamaha is better this site would be full of Doug Gusts.:D

250r4life
01-25-2006, 10:00 AM
yah, i really need to keep jacking around and bring a camera &/or video camera with me to the dunes, so it will be undisputable... as far as the rider ability goes, 2 weekends ago i was at the dunes and was riding my buddies 05 raptor with the yoshi pipe and K&N, and i didnt lose a race except for to my buddy with the 06yfz who is just an awesome rider. other than that, i beat several other raptors and 450s, of each make. a lot of the 450s were catching me up the hill, but i was getting out in front of them and smoking them through the whoops, that i was far enough ahead of them that they couldnt catch me before the top of the hill...

250r4life
01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
i really hope youre not talking to me

aroracer72
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
If we argued about how good of riders we were...it would be even WORSE!!!!!....LOL

Ride in circles???......i dont ride circles, im a tester, and i happen to race A class's. And i can hang with Harold Goodman(when hes NOT injured) for almost two laps. Soo if you think i sjut ride circles then youll find out ill ride circles around you(if you were talkin to me :p )
CHAD

06YFZ450SE
01-15-2007, 08:59 PM
This Thread is some funny **** all ya posts crack me up. Who cares what kind of quad is faster. Just go out and have some fun on them.

ukquadding
01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
yamaha YFZ450 FOR TEH WIN!

HONDA IS FOR NOOBS!

tldPREDATORboy
01-16-2007, 08:39 AM
they both suck.go suzuki and the ltr:rolleyes: :macho

250r4life
01-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by tldPREDATORboy
they both suck.go suzuki and the ltr:rolleyes: :macho

yah- the LTR is great... i finally lost to the 1st one over new years... oh yah- but i forgot to mention i was on an 04 raptor, and he barely beat me...

i hopped on one with the pipe, filter, and CB, and i got smoked- those things suck!

01-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ukquadding
yamaha YFZ450 FOR TEH WIN!

HONDA IS FOR NOOBS!

Wow.... That should be the post of the day..... You're an idiot....

450rJam
01-16-2007, 08:12 PM
come on..............keep it up !!!

take a breath and post again, honda sucks but suzuki sucks but yamaha sucks.............

I will out run all of you backwards even.

I can smoke you even if I take off the tires and run you on hubs.

damn you guys, you did it, you made me post something stupid to something stupid ?????????

250r4life
01-16-2007, 09:34 PM
see, but suzuki really does suck...

honda and yamaha make good bikes...