PDA

View Full Version : 2005 TLD Predator VS. 2005 Raptor 660

wolffie
01-01-2006, 05:09 PM
ok heres a question for you guys. what will win a drag: 05 TLD preddy or a 05 raptor. lets say a long drag and a standard 300ft drag.

next test. what would be the better machine for motocross? what would be the better machine for gncc style track?

i own both, i just wanted to see what others would say. IMO in absolute stock trim, the drag race would depend on the rider. if the the riders are about equal, the raptor will win in the 300ft drag. the pred will come back in the long run ( the liquid cooled DOHC engine packs a punch versus the rappys SOHC air)

it terms of motocross, both machines are not really ideal for this. i think it comes down to prefference. do you want a shorter torquier machine, or a smother wider machine? same goes with the gncc. i personally would want the pred for mx and rappy for woods. the rappy has a shorter stance which actually helps in the woods.

what do you guys think? just figured i bring up somethin to talk about!

tater_kamik
01-02-2006, 09:29 AM
i agree, both machines are not perfect for mx, but it is more than possible. just curious, why did you put the rappy is air cooled? i personally like the torque of the rappy, but both machines are incredible especially when modified. i think the polaris doesnt get as much love as it should, though it does weigh a lot more, which i do not like at all. if they just shaved that extra 40 lbs (or however much it weighs over the raptor) i would like the polaris a lot more. as it stands right now, i rather have the raptor as the beginning of a project quad for mx and gncc, but stock i rather have the polaris for gncc, and the raptor for mx personally

wolffie
01-02-2006, 01:53 PM
yeah i pretty totally agree with ya. yeah sorry i put the raptor as air cooled. i posted a thread before that about my bro's 350 and i musta been thinking of that. lol. it happens.

tzilch
01-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I have ridden both (my '05 tld and my bro's 05 660). I prefer mine. I just love the way the tld handles. It's like riding a cadillac when cruising though the trails, and doesnt get tippy like the raptor does at times. It seems like i can turn the tld's bars all the way to the stop at any speed without it even thinking about putting it up on 2 wheels. As far as the drag racing the raptor will beat the tld in a short run just because of all the low end grunt but the predator will real a raptor back in in the longer run. Although the last time my brother and i drag raced, it seemed more like who could ride the longest wheelie. I think it comes down more to personal preference. I like the way the predator kicks you in the pants as soon as you get the revs up, and others like the low end grunt of the raptor....just my $.02

wolffie
01-06-2006, 01:49 PM
yeah i agree with you man! the pred is very smooth and responsive. if you pipe a pred or do a nicholas carb mod, you will actually match if not surpass the low end torque of a raptor! by the way, how long have you owned the pred and what distance can you wheelie it?

tzilch
01-06-2006, 01:57 PM
I've had it for about 2 weeks (had a 400ex before this). It's still mostly stock besides a pro armor bumper and shock covers. I'll probably start looking at piping (hmf) and jetting it in about a month or so. I dont know how far I can wheelie distance wise, but I rode it threw the first 3 gears and probably could have road it into 4th but I ran out of road.

wolffie
01-06-2006, 06:36 PM
sweet man! yeah i have had mine for about 3 months, but havent been able to ride as much as i have liked because of being so busy. i believe i can wheelie just about a football field (100yds give or take a little more or less) my friends can wheelie 500yds with ease!!!!! of course they have 450 yfzs and trx's, but hey its all good right?

jocolo
01-09-2006, 10:03 PM
YZF Vs PREDATOR (http://www.yfzcentral.com/videos/predatorvsyfz.wmv)