PDA

View Full Version : First time at the track on my 06

yamablaster24
01-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Well finally got to hit up the local indoor track in Andover OH, by PA border. The 450r is mostly stock besides clutch lever and nerfs just for safety so might as well consider it bone stock. Now i used to race a full MX 400ex with everything. TCS ZPS, haulin motor you name it. Anywho I had rode this track with that bike and Honest to god I feel i was faster on the 450r then the full mx 400ex. My Only problem was the corners, but leaning on the nerfs with foot on the seat counter acted the big tires and stock width. I am just amazed at how fast this bike is and the way it flows through the air. I never new how to tweak the bike before i rode yesterday and I always saw others doing it and it just came natural and in no time i was throwin the bike side to side over the jumps. The shocks on this bike handled flat landings better then my TCS triples ( they were not blown and setup for me ) I was also able to clear a double that was directly out of a corner that i couldnt do before now that i had some power. THe only thing i didnt like was that i had to downshift to 1st gear in the tight hair pins. Hopefully when i put the 18's on i should be able to hold second. Either way guys this bike just owns the MX track comapred to my 400ex

motochamp250
01-01-2006, 11:01 AM
ahh thats it.......im getting one:devil: lol

01-01-2006, 12:45 PM
The shocks on this bike handled flat landings better then my TCS triples ( they were not blown and setup for me )

That gives me alot of faith in TCS. LOL

300exr
01-01-2006, 03:55 PM
How much did you pay for that OTD? Right now I'm saving money to buy one in the spring.

xx3003xrdrxx
01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
That track is pretty nice , i was there a week ago , are you talking about the double that you come out of a left hand corner ??

yamablaster24
01-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Yes sir, after the 6-pack

xx3003xrdrxx
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
ill shoot you a Pm when we go up there to ride , maybe we can meetup and ride the track for the day :)