01-01-2006, 04:19 AM
i got a new yfz 450 what i have to add

in it to be more faster i useit in sand only

so any one can tell me please ?

:confused:

bad01300ex
01-01-2006, 10:01 AM
well first contact hooked on phonics and learn some grammer

after that, get a pipe, jet kit, air filter, and the yfz will rip!

brink400
01-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Give the guy some slack hes from the middle east. Maybe if you werent so eager to bash people you might have taken the time to look and see that.

Jekyl_22
01-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Umm sorry to be a nag like yourself, but "bad01300ex".... you spelled grammar wrong. :rolleyes:

Jekyl_22
01-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh and as for abdulla, I'm impressed that you can speak/write in another language. I know that I sure as heck can't. And as for sand mods....

I would invest in a pipe, air filter, adjust the timing on your exhaust cam (only if you are comfortable working with engines), rejet your bike (you don't have to buy a jet kit for this), and buy some paddle tires. I'm sure you're probably at a different elevation than myself, but here is my jetting:

172 Main Jet
48 Pilot Jet
NVCQ Needle
2.5 Turns out on Air/Fuel Screw

Also, I don't know how much money you want to put into modifications for your bike, but some aftermarket shocks and wider a-arms and a wider axle makes a huge difference. A larger gas tank will help you cover a lot more ground before having to refuel if you are looking at some long rides. There are tons of other mods you can do... just ask if you have anymore questions.

P.S. Make sure you have an Outerwear cover or some sort of airfilter cover if you are running your quad in the sand.

abdulla 911
01-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by bad01300ex
well first contact hooked on phonics and learn some grammer

after that, get a pipe, jet kit, air filter, and the yfz will rip!

ok my grammar bad but ican read english

so can you read this if you thing you are smart

ان استطعت ان تقرأ هذا فأنتى ذكي

abdulla 911
01-02-2006, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Jekyl_22
Oh and as for abdulla, I'm impressed that you can speak/write in another language. I know that I sure as heck can't. And as for sand mods....

I would invest in a pipe, air filter, adjust the timing on your exhaust cam (only if you are comfortable working with engines), rejet your bike (you don't have to buy a jet kit for this), and buy some paddle tires. I'm sure you're probably at a different elevation than myself, but here is my jetting:

172 Main Jet
48 Pilot Jet
NVCQ Needle
2.5 Turns out on Air/Fuel Screw

Also, I don't know how much money you want to put into modifications for your bike, but some aftermarket shocks and wider a-arms and a wider axle makes a huge difference. A larger gas tank will help you cover a lot more ground before having to refuel if you are looking at some long rides. There are tons of other mods you can do... just ask if you have anymore questions.

P.S. Make sure you have an Outerwear cover or some sort of airfilter cover if you are running your quad in the sand.

thanks alot for your interest

how its the hmf pipe ?

and for sand tires sun skite its ok?

:p

00Banshee
01-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by abdulla 911
ok my grammar bad but ican read english

so can you read this if you thing you are smart

ان استطعت ان تقرأ هذا فأنتى ذكي

:D good one. bad01300ex can't even spell in his native language.

d kelley
01-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I believe the translation for that Mr. bad01300ex is " go #@*! yourself" . Just trying to help.

Jekyl_22
01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I haven't ever ridden a YFZ with the HMF exhaust pipe, but a friend of mine has one and he likes it a lot. It also sounds really good too. I really have no idea where you are going to be buying from, but I bought my White Bros. Full Aluminum Pro Exhaust from a store near me for only $250. They are last years models, but that is a heck of a saving... especially for an exhaust that I really like. I don't know if they still have them available, but they often have really good deals. Here is the website in case you would like to check them out: http://www.motosport.com/

As for sand tires... I have only used ITP Hauler paddles before, but I really liked them. I don't think that you can go too wrong with about any paddles because they are bound to get better traction than stock tires. Something that you will also need to know is how many paddles you want on the tire and what size you would like. You could go for taller tires for more clearance and taller gearing (faster top speed), or you could go for smaller tires and lower your center of gravity (lose ground clearance) and have shorter gearing (lower top speed). If you would like smaller tires and a higher top speed though, you could purchase the smaller tires and then purchase a larger drive sprocket (15 tooth is what I would recommend) or a bigger rear sprocket.

Sorry that this all is sort of a mess, but if you need any more help... just ask.

P.S. What does "ان استطعت ان تقرأ هذا فأنتى ذكي " mean?

drgnerth
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I have a HMF pipe on my YFZ and love it.

abdulla 911
01-07-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Jekyl_22
I haven't ever ridden a YFZ with the HMF exhaust pipe, but a friend of mine has one and he likes it a lot. It also sounds really good too. I really have no idea where you are going to be buying from, but I bought my White Bros. Full Aluminum Pro Exhaust from a store near me for only $250. They are last years models, but that is a heck of a saving... especially for an exhaust that I really like. I don't know if they still have them available, but they often have really good deals. Here is the website in case you would like to check them out: http://www.motosport.com/

As for sand tires... I have only used ITP Hauler paddles before, but I really liked them. I don't think that you can go too wrong with about any paddles because they are bound to get better traction than stock tires. Something that you will also need to know is how many paddles you want on the tire and what size you would like. You could go for taller tires for more clearance and taller gearing (faster top speed), or you could go for smaller tires and lower your center of gravity (lose ground clearance) and have shorter gearing (lower top speed). If you would like smaller tires and a higher top speed though, you could purchase the smaller tires and then purchase a larger drive sprocket (15 tooth is what I would recommend) or a bigger rear sprocket.

Sorry that this all is sort of a mess, but if you need any more help... just ask.

P.S. What does "ان استطعت ان تقرأ هذا فأنتى ذكي " mean?

:) than you for this infromation

and the meaning of "ان استطعت ان تقرأ هذا فأنتى ذكي " its ( IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU ARE SMART)

and thanks agean:cool:

hokes
01-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Hello foreign friend.

Let me give you my opinion.

I run the HMF Sport Series. For the sand i use the Pro Design Pro Flow with the K&N Filter and and an outer wear. Remove the air box lid. Rejetted, this will all depend on your temp, altitude, humidity and other modifications.

Here is a list of pipes that i have seen and think are good for sand.

HMF
Sparks
ESR

Intakes, try:
Pro Design
ESR Intake.

Those are just beginners. Also consider the cam mod if top end power is your goal.

Those are just starters, if you are serious, try new cams, head porting, big bore kits, etc. There are lots of options.

Tires: I use the Skat Track Haulers, 8 paddle 21x8. These are more of drag race type of tire. For all around riding i would suggest the ITP's.