PDA

View Full Version : Next couple years??

Punk'd
12-31-2005, 11:57 PM
Does anyone think Honda will put EFI in the 450r? Because when they do I will be tradeing in my 04.

Tradeing it for the 06 is very tempting BUT I think I want to wait for EFI.

Personally I doubt it for the next 3-5 years, but what do you all think about it?

Please share your opinions..

Randy

FHKracingZ
01-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Trading in for the 06 isnt worth it. The only Significant thing it has over the 04/05 is the FCR Carb, buy a FCR from ebay for $350 buy a $60 adapter from Noss Machine and wahala. Now EFI to to me isnt needed on a race quad...

watts16
01-01-2006, 12:14 AM
they sent me a survey about EFI on the quads so probly the next 3 yrs

ZQ8Dude
01-01-2006, 12:29 AM
if they use TB injection like the yamahas(which seems logical as its lightweight and similar to a carb) then imho its only a matter of time before they offer it as an upgrade kit, like the HRC kit

just my take on things. also who knows honda and yammi might stay clear of FI to save weight and potential problems.

ck450r
01-01-2006, 12:58 AM
I think that its coming but not next year.

XCRACER26
01-01-2006, 09:31 PM
we will see it on the bike before the quads.

andy roth
01-01-2006, 09:48 PM
personally I hate the thought of EFI. Sounds great but can you work on it when it breaks? I know that the last thing I want on my my quad is a check engine light! I know when My carb is dirty or needs rejetted but can you tell what electronic part is failing?Oh by the way I thing someone needs to ride a 2006 because there is alot of diffence between 04 and the 06. I know , traded in the 2004 for the ER. Big power gain,better cornering,less bucking, I am glad I did.

I read that the rapter 700 was having starting problems and the EFI has 9 different sensors that moniter the a/f mixture. I know I dont want to limit myself to the dealer to tell me whats wrong with my quad. I can only imagine what it would cost for the equipment to scan your quad.

01-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Trading in for the 06 isnt worth it. The only Significant thing it has over the 04/05 is the FCR Carb, buy a FCR from ebay for $350 buy a $60 adapter from Noss Machine and wahala. Now EFI to to me isnt needed on a race quad...

How about a whole new engine basically from the crf??

400exMO
01-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I hate the thought of efi. It's like trying to work on an old car or new one. They quads today are simple, but if everything starts going efi you'll have to pay to get it worked on. Because none of us will have the money for the equiptment!

chris450R
01-01-2006, 10:41 PM
well i am not so sure that FI on a 450R would be too far off. Honda now has FI on the Rincon. i saw it on a new commercial. so, i mean if suzuki has it on the new LT-R450, why wouldn't Honda step it up and put it on the 450R?

But, if i was Honda i would wait and see how the FI does on the new LT-R450 on the track and everything, and if it works out good then it should be a go!

JMO, chris

FHKracingZ
01-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Just because the bore and stroke are different dosnt mean its gonna perform any better or worse. A longer stroke is gonna produce more torque while a bigger bore and smaller stroke is gonna rev faster. It may be a bit faster but stick a FCR on a 04/05 and i bet its all rider... hell its all rider stock vs. stock right now. :D

400excracer
01-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Just because the bore and stroke are different dosnt mean its gonna perform any better or worse. A longer stroke is gonna produce more torque while a bigger bore and smaller stroke is gonna rev faster. It may be a bit faster but stick a FCR on a 04/05 and i bet its all rider... hell its all rider stock vs. stock right now. :D

So is it all rider between a 450R and a 400EX? I agree that a good rider on an 04 450R could beat a lesser rider on an 06 450R, but how much better could he be on the 06 450R? You are just trying to make yourself feel good about your 04 when you know the 06 is better.

Jersey450R
01-02-2006, 08:07 AM
i think in the next 3-5 years, honda will change the frame design to compensate for a longer rear shock. i also think they will continually fine tune the little things and make the 450r better than it already is. efi will be stock on all racing production quads in the next 5 years no doubt.

4ABURN
01-02-2006, 08:11 AM
EFI all the way My 93 arctic cat(old)wildcat EFI still runs like new never HAVE TO DO ANYTHING just start and go,even after the mods were done(porting,plained the heads,racing pipes)never even had to ajust anything.Now I am not saying you would never have trouble,but if it is a injection problem it will throw out a engine code and tell you what is wrong.(ITs great, self diagnosis). If it is electrical than an Ohm meter will do.(just like a carbed bike.(one more thing I like is if some thing does fail the engine goes into limp mode takes that failing part out of the system and does the best it can do with the remaining info so you will atleast will get home. Anyway you can tell I like EFI. Just my 2cents I would love it if my 06 was efi. EFI is easyer to work on than you think.:D :D

PS don,t kill me it just my opinion.:D

speedfreaksguy
01-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I work on sportbikes and would rather work on an efi bike. Much less headaches when it comes to syncronizing and jetting.

hsr
01-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I think suzuki is itching to put fuel injection on their race (motocross) bikes in the worst way, and they are using the ltr-r450 as somewhat of a lab rat. Suzuki has it down thought, they have been on top in the street bike market for years now w/ their fuel injected gsxr's.