PDA

View Full Version : jetting??

john.E.business
12-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I just installed a yoshimura trc comp system and a k&n air filter and with the pipe it said run stock jetting... i took it out for about a 15 min rip and when it was idling the header would start glowing orange... now it is colder up here in canada but does this mean i should jet it? when i was riding though it cooled down and felt good didnt sputter or anything? should i jet it? i do have a dyno jet kit? and if i ride it without jetting it will it hurt my machine? thnx for any info....:confused:

partyboy459
12-31-2005, 08:27 PM
it will burn a hole right throught the exhaust valves use the jet kit works awsome

Punk'd
12-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah if you get a pipe you most all the time have to rejet for preformance. Otherwise you wont get half the preformance you can get.

I run a sparks full system with the airbox lid off and a 190main with 50 pilot

eagertorace
12-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by john.E.business
I just installed a yoshimura trc comp system and a k&n air filter and with the pipe it said run stock jetting... i took it out for about a 15 min rip and when it was idling the header would start glowing orange... now it is colder up here in canada but does this mean i should jet it? when i was riding though it cooled down and felt good didnt sputter or anything? should i jet it? i do have a dyno jet kit? and if i ride it without jetting it will it hurt my machine? thnx for any info....:confused:

stock jetting??????they must be out of their mind. rejet it.

john.E.business
01-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Alright then thnx... i rode it for about an hour? think it would be hurt or just make sure i jet it before i ride again?