PDA

View Full Version : 2004 predator 500 front suspension

gawski
12-31-2005, 05:54 PM
I am going to change my stock front shocks in the very near future. I currently race amature MX. I would like to know which of these three shock absorber manufacturers woluld be the best choice for MX racing.
WORKS PERFORMANCE,OHLINS or ELKA.
Are there any other shocks I should consider?

wolffie
12-31-2005, 07:32 PM
those are all great brands. it really depends on the specific model though. the Works Black Widow are good, and if you call up Elka they can custom make you a set of shocks. Also, check out AXIS suspension, they make extended shocks for alot of the top MX racers! hope this helps bro!

450r51
01-01-2006, 09:12 PM
ok first off all works are garbage. ohlins are nice. elka,pep,and axis are the top of the shock industry. if u can try and get elka, pep, or axis you wont be dissapointed by either of them.

scramblerracer
01-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Have you looked into seting up your Fox shocks. Look at Derisi racing they can add rezzys and triple springs to set up ZPS. Then valve perfect for you. Just an idea.

etter696
01-03-2006, 02:16 PM
i would recomend walker evens, its offered through polaris otherwise u can give them a call

Flynbryan19
01-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Go to hpd-inc.com They have a triple rate front dual rate rear spring setup for the pred that I've heard is MUCH better than stock.

PolarisRider06
01-15-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah get the stock FOX SHOX set up... it will be way cheaper and perform just as good. from the factory they have a polaris spring on them which is ok but can be way better and if you get the add on rezzies up front and get the HPD spring kit then get your shocks revalved for your weight you will be set. jsut make sure to take care of them after you do that like recharging them if they seem to soften up any and if you race a lot probably change the oil at the begining of every season.

if you decide to replace them just replace the fronts and go with Axis, Elka, or Peps and just get the stoc back shock set up for you... i cant remember who it was but one of the pro factory riders(possibly farr but i'm not exactly sure) ran Fox Float EVOL'sup front and a Fox Podium in the rear(same rear as predators)

another thing that will greatly help the handling is to replace your swingarm with a 2003 swingarm because the shock mounts lower and its longer so you can keep your front end down and lower your center of gravity a little bit.