PDA

View Full Version : help needed fast

wantablaster
12-31-2005, 01:45 PM
I was just out riding my blaster i just rejetted it and it has been running very good the past 2 weeks but when i was out today it started to missfire and bog out then wouldnt start back up i checked the plug and there was no gap the piece at the top was pushed down onto the rest of the plug and there were a few little metal chunks inside the plug. Could these be pieces from the piston if not what are they. My motor was just rebuilt a month ago.

ZeroLogic
12-31-2005, 04:29 PM
sounds like your pistion hit the spark plug take it apart and check it out or buy a real quad :p

prnstr4life
12-31-2005, 04:33 PM
take it to the person that rebuilt it and show them what happened

wantablaster
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
ya thats what i was thinking but the blaster is a real quad just mot to reliable of a quad I am looking for a 300ex or 250x anyways.

wantablaster
12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
I might take it back to the dealership that rebuilt it because the motor has a one year warranty on it after I take it apart and see what it is.

Zerologic you dont live to far away from me I live in Scranton I dont think Milford is that far.

AtvMxRider
12-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Sounds like you jetted it wrong and ran it too lean and that is part of the piston in the plug. If so that will not be under warrenty

ZeroLogic
12-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wantablaster
I might take it back to the dealership that rebuilt it because the motor has a one year warranty on it after I take it apart and see what it is.

Zerologic you dont live to far away from me I live in Scranton I dont think Milford is that far.

i live about a 20 minutes to about 45 minutes away depending on whos driving :devil:

bradrenea
01-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I agree with AtvmxRider. Its probably your fault so I doubt the dealership will fix it. Did you jet it yourself or did have a shop do it?

atvracer980
01-01-2006, 09:06 AM
I would say jetting was at fault or if you had the head milled down, if the re-cut the squich to make up the difference from being milled down