PDA

View Full Version : racing help please

Honda TRX250ex
12-31-2005, 09:21 AM
ok dont flame me! i dont really know anything about racing or anything like that. but i know how to ride (jumps whoops couners ect.)
my question is what is the starting for the race called i think its holeshot.
and how do you get a good start, ive been practeing in my drive way in second gear but it always seems so bog out.

450r51
12-31-2005, 09:32 AM
yes its called a holeshot, just practice, practice, practice. what i do when i see the 30 second board is start reving my engine, untill he drops the board then i stare at the gate untill it drops and just dump the clutch and go.

Honda TRX250ex
12-31-2005, 09:34 AM
thanks, is there any technies (sorry for spelling) for holeshots?

450r51
12-31-2005, 09:36 AM
i tend to lean forward a little bit right off the start so i dont flip back, but as soon as im through first gear i sit back down so the tires grip and just hope i make it to the first corner.

Honda TRX250ex
12-31-2005, 09:44 AM
ok thanks

xx3003xrdrxx
12-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Get low and lean forward , rev the engine pretty high and when the gate drops... Slip the clutch and pin it! When you hear it a bout to ready to shift to 2nd or 3rd sit back on the seat as far as you can for traction. If its bogging on you in second your not revving it anywhere near high enough to do a good start . Usually about half to 3/4 throttle is about right depending on the track . Hope this helped .

Honda TRX250ex
12-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
Get low and lean forward , rev the engine pretty high and when the gate drops... Slip the clutch and pin it! When you hear it a bout to ready to shift to 2nd or 3rd sit back on the seat as far as you can for traction. If its bogging on you in second your not revving it anywhere near high enough to do a good start . Usually about half to 3/4 throttle is about right depending on the track . Hope this helped .
yup it did thanks!
now i just have to wait for the snow to melt:(

Sjorge450R
01-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
yup it did thanks!
now i just have to wait for the snow to melt:(

are you going to be racing this year. You should check out the PA State Harescramble Series. Your in a perfect spot for all of the races too. Probaly got a 1 hour ride to each track.

Honda TRX250ex
01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
are you going to be racing this year. You should check out the PA State Harescramble Series. Your in a perfect spot for all of the races too. Probaly got a 1 hour ride to each track.
yeah im thinking about it, but i gotta get the money and get transpotations. but i also probly gonna be selling my quad.