PDA

View Full Version : need help with jetting my cr125

Mattman88
12-31-2005, 07:59 AM
For Christmas I recieved and fmf fatty rev pipe and an fmf powercoreII shorty silencer and I need help jetting my bike for the new exhaust. BTW I ride a 98 cr125 incase you needed to know. I know lots of people come asking for help without searching. I did a search and found some information that may help but I am still a little bit unclear about what I found.

First off I am not quite sure what things to change during jetting. From what I understand you can change the main jet, pilot jet, needle and pilot screw. I was also wondering is the pilot jet and pilot screw are the same thing but the terms are used interchangeably. I also know that to check your jetting you can do a plug check for the main jet. But I am unsure how to check the jetting of the pilot jet and I dont know how the needle and pilot screw come into play.

From what I read, I learned that adjusting the needle is for 0-1/4 throttle not WOT and only run it WOT for the main jet test. Everything else I am confused about. Please fill me in because I do not want to take my bike to a shop to get it jetted when I am sure that I can learn to do it myself.
-Matt