PDA

View Full Version : ATVA National TT Rider Jenson Roberts has passed away.

TRXDresh
12-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Guys my heart is hurting. One of our brothers has passed away racing in the sport that he loved. Today at the Tulsa Shootout (An indoor TT race) A/Pro Am class rider Jenson Roberts was tragically killed in his first heat race of the day. Jenson had the outside starting position, and off the start, he got pushed high in turn two, and collided with the wall. He tried to bail from the bike when he saw that he was going to hit the wall, but it was too late. He hit his back and head on the concrete wall of the track. He was knocked unconcious, and taken off on a stretcher. I did not see it happen, but my dad did. He knew right after it happened that Jenson was hurt. I kept expecting him to pop up like we all do, but he didn't. He was pronounced dead at the hospital about 3:00 p.m. today. I am in shock. Jenson was around 18 years old and had a hell of a racing career ahead of him. He won a national championship in 2004, and had moved up into the top classes of the National TT series. I talked to him before the race and he was so excited about his Lonestar sponsorship. He was just getting ready to build his 06 450r for the TT series. He was so excited about racing and everything that goes with it. You never think about how lucky we are to get through a race weekend unscathed. I wanted to let everyone know in case you knew Jenson. We also need to keep the Roberts family in our prayers because they have a very rough road ahead of him. We also need to keep Lonnie Eubanks and the Sandtraxx racing family in our prayers because he was a sponsored Sandtraxx rider. I think Lonnie was a sort of father figure to Jenson. Lonnie was there as soon as Jenson came off the bike, and I know his heart is hurting. I will try to keep you guys up to speed on what is going on. I hope we can get a tribute to him on the site. Guys be safe out there. Always wear a helmet and chest protector because things can go wrong. Jenson had top of the line equipment on and it still was not enough. Jenson will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Godspeed everyone....

Josh

yfz450xc
12-30-2005, 09:42 PM
My prayers Josh, my prayers.
Scott B Johnson

TRXDresh
12-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Guys I found a good article about Jenson. Here is a picture of him too.

http://www.atvquadnews.com/article.cfm?id=138

Admin
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
It is very sad to hear about his death, and here is a current photo of him from Elizabeth City this year by Matt Robertson.

Admin
12-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Story Posted on the Homepage of ATVriders.com

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/2005jensonroberts.html

Honda TRX250ex
12-31-2005, 09:30 AM
RIP :(

JH Racing
12-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go to the Roberts family and also to Lonnie. Josh if you hear of them needing anything that I can help with let me know
Johnny

BGood
12-31-2005, 01:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

theTman
12-31-2005, 01:10 PM
RIP

AtvMxRider
12-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BGood
Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

JenniferRath
01-02-2006, 10:05 AM
There are just aren't any words that are right..but or thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

We were honored to work with him last year and was so impressed with his "GREAT" personality...one of those like him at once kind of kids.

Daryl was at Tulsa this year and got a chance to talk with him a little bit in line up before he went ot that morning...it is hard to hear news like this, and I know first hand that the riders there were honored to take part in the memorial presentation they did for the family at the track...this touches us all on once again is a reminder to tell the people you love and the people important to you how much they mean to you!

God bless his family and his memory.

patterson13
01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Thoughts and Prayers to the Family and Friends.

God Bless

pro6
01-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I was at the shoot out and seen the accident. All my prayers go out to the Roberts Family.

Dustin Prough

maggiesboy
01-09-2006, 07:45 AM
My thoughts go out to his family.

Shawn H
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I Dont even know what to say. Its so sad to hear about things like this..

Godspeed

XCRACER26
01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. R.I.P ride forever

SHEP400EX
01-12-2006, 09:30 PM
my heart goes out to the family and god bless

tony

fastracing
01-20-2006, 05:03 PM
This was such a Sad day. I was in staging for my heat race when this happened. I had an accident in the same spot last year and after Jenson's, I was really close to pulling out of line. The flashbacks really came back. My heart goes out to the family and the close frinds that were there with him. That will be one day that i definitely will not forget.
R.I.P. #331 from #77

fourfortyfour
02-06-2006, 02:04 PM
The 3rd round of Yahoo Racing will be held in honor of the late Jenson Roberts, 18 year old pro quad rider who passed away at this year's Tulsa Shootout. The Tulsa area quad riders as well as Quad riders from all over were devastated to hear of his passing. He had a unique personality that no one could equal. When racers at the Tulsa Shootout heard of his fate the sprint car riders, kart riders and quad riders pulled their money for his family and raised over $2,000.

Money has been donated to go towards the open pro class race on Feb. 25th. More is coming in for that class.

To learn more about Jenson click on this site....
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/2005jensonroberts.html

Racing Information

Yahoo Racing Round #
Get your FLAT TRACK MOTORCYCLES, QUADS AND KARTS ready!!!!

The third race of the series is ...
February 25th! Saturday!!!!!!

WHERE: Kellyville Indoor Arena (Creek County Indoor Arena) Just off the Turner Turnpike at the Kellyville Exit.

PRICES

• Pee Wee Quads and Motorcycles and Karts are $15.00 per class entered.
• Amateur Riders are $20.00 per class entered
• Pro Riders are $25.00 per class entered
• Pit Pass $15.00 (Must have a pit pass to race)
• Spectators are $8.00 Kids 5 and under free!

TIMES

Saturday Race Times @ Kellyville...
Gates Open at 2:00
Sign In 3:00
Practice 4:00
Race 5:00

* THE RACES ARE INDOORS, GREAT PIT AREA AND THE COMPETITION IS AWESOME. THERE ARE ALWAYS TONS IN EVERY CLASS AND THIS YEAR PROMISES TO BE GREAT!

YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND THE YAHOO RACING INFORMATION, POINTS AND LINKS ON THE YAHOO WEBSITE
www.sapulpa86.com/yahooracing

SEE YOU AT THE RACES!!!!!!!

TYR RACING WILL BE THERE TO SHOOT SOME FOOTAGE FOR THEIR DVD TYR (THE SEQUEL). IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST TYR MOVIE...YOU REALLY SHOULD! ADRIANE AND GARY ARE AWESOME AT SHOOTING FIRST RATE QUALITY DVD'S! THE DVD IS ACTION PACKED WITH TULSA BANDS IN THE BACKGROUND! COME AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU ON THE NEW MOVIE!

There will be two classes for those young at heart!
+30 open quad class
+40 open quad class
We were glad to see the Pee Wee motorcycles and quads come out!!!!!! Bring them all….this is the place to start your great racing career!!!!!!!

**** ANYONE WANTING TO DONATE MONEY TOWARDS THE OPEN PRO QUAD RACE CAN CALL ERIC WEIR AT ERIC’S OFFROAD.
Yahoo Racing
Eric 918-835-6490 or 918-955-4394
Don 918-902-2414 or 918-637-3610

jcline
08-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Was Austin's passing ATV related?

I have a son who rides and it can be very nerve racking to watch him at times.

GOD bless Austin's family.

chawness
08-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by jcline
Was Austin's passing ATV related?

I have a son who rides and it can be very nerve racking to watch him at times.

GOD bless Austin's family.

He died on a 3 wheeler.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/search/atv/UnifiedSearch?query=atv

RIP little man

logangsxr998
08-03-2007, 08:23 PM
god Bless. Our prayers are with you.

hr15
08-04-2007, 04:49 PM
It was so sad to hear about Austin's accident.Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with his family.Any time we were around he and the family was a great experience.He was a great kid and competitor.God Bless.

The Harris'

racers
08-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Our Deepest sympathies your in our Prayers .

RedneckRacing18
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
this is something i noticed that was a lil odd to me as many of you know about austin miller passing away, back in May a friend of mine Ethan Gillim died racing now if youll look at this picture you will notice something. RIP AUSTIN MILLER RIP ETHAN GILLIM

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa149/Yamaha18_photos/imgPage_0.jpg

diangelo#67
09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
ride in peace bro

clarkymckrash
09-23-2007, 09:24 PM
im down for the memorial race,and im bringing a few friends with me

is there a charity set up or a memeorial fund of some sort,my company would like to donate....

i was seriously hurt almost3 years ago and the racing community came together and helped me out,i am more than obligated to give back.....

clarky