PDA

View Full Version : please help !!!!!

James Cornell
12-30-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a '97 300ex stock motor, full yosh system, K&N w/ modded airbox lid, i cant get this thing jetted right to save me, i have a 130 main and the stock 38 pilot, pilot screw is out 2-1/2 turns and the needle is in the middle, i had it close and the plug was papersack brown, but it still wouldnt go full rev's now i have played with the needle up one and down one and the plug is sooty black, i have tried the settings where it was papersack brown yet its still sooty black.
Please help as this is very frustrating.
James

2004exrider
12-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Well is it popping at all when you have it full throttle or does it have that sound to it that its just about to die when you have it pinned? If it pops a bunch then it is running lean go a jet or 2 sizes up. If it bogs down when you give it full throttle then you let off and it runs fine then you are running too rich on your main jet.

Jimmy

2004exrider
12-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Also by chance did you change around your gearing?

Jimmy

James Cornell
12-31-2005, 08:32 AM
no gearing change, and when i had it running ok, it would rev to full throttle in 1st and then shift to second it would fall on its face then rev right back up, and so on for 3rd,4th and 5th, so i dropped the needle on notch and tried it and the thing wont even start unless you gas it and then it just pops and farts and fouls the plug, if my floats are stuck open will this happen? they dont bounce up and down at all. i have a parts carb and those floats bounce when you push em down.
Thanks for all the help
James

2004exrider
12-31-2005, 03:17 PM
sounds way to rich on the main jet, easy way to figure out jetting...
no throttle- 1/8 throttle= Pilot jet
1/8 - 3/4= Needle Position
3/4 - full= main jet

Jimmy