PDA

View Full Version : ATVA National TT Rider Jenson Roberts has passed away.

TRXDresh
12-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Guys my heart is hurting. One of our brothers has passed away racing in the sport that he loved. Today at the Tulsa Shootout (An indoor TT race) A/Pro Am class rider Jenson Roberts was tragically killed in his first heat race of the day. Jenson had the outside starting position, and off the start, he got pushed high in turn two, and collided with the wall. He tried to bail from the bike when he saw that he was going to hit the wall, but it was too late. He hit his back and head on the concrete wall of the track. He was knocked unconcious, and taken off on a stretcher. I did not see it happen, but my dad did. He knew right after it happened that Jenson was hurt. I kept expecting him to pop up like we all do, but he didn't. He was pronounced dead at the hospital about 3:00 p.m. today. I am in shock. Jenson was around 18 years old and had a hell of a racing career ahead of him. He won a national championship in 2004, and had moved up into the top classes of the National TT series. I talked to him before the race and he was so excited about his Lonestar sponsorship. He was just getting ready to build his 06 450r for the TT series. He was so excited about racing and everything that goes with it. You never think about how lucky we are to get through a race weekend unscathed. I wanted to let everyone know in case you knew Jenson. We also need to keep the Roberts family in our prayers because they have a very rough road ahead of him. We also need to keep Lonnie Eubanks and the Sandtraxx racing family in our prayers because he was a sponsored Sandtraxx rider. I think Lonnie was a sort of father figure to Jenson. Lonnie was there as soon as Jenson came off the bike, and I know his heart is hurting. I will try to keep you guys up to speed on what is going on. I hope we can get a tribute to him on the site. Guys be safe out there. Always wear a helmet and chest protector because things can go wrong. Jenson had top of the line equipment on and it still was not enough. Jenson will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Godspeed everyone....

Josh

TRXDresh
12-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I found a good article on Jenson. Here is a picture too.

http://www.atvquadnews.com/article.cfm?id=138

LTR450_#67
12-31-2005, 02:55 PM
It sucks when stuff like that happens......tooo young.....

dirtmomma
01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Man what a sad story :( makes me thankful for my boys!! Sounds like a great loss my heart goes out to the family/friends :(:(