PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Stolen!

whiteflash
12-30-2005, 08:47 PM
i was staying at a friends house in seattle for the night and parked outside his house on the street. When i woke up my friends mom said that their car had been broken into to. So i go to check my car and sure enough, somebody had gone through it. They stole my Dell DJ, a bag of Sunchips, and a sweatband, i dont know why they stole the sweatband and sunchips? .....so my question is, my brother, who bought the MP3, got all the extra warrienties, but do they cover theft by any chance? or am i out 250$? thanks

trx400exxracer
12-30-2005, 08:53 PM
that sucks if I found the person that would have done that to me they would be scared :grr:

but I dont see why not are you going to notify the store or company cause if you wait to long they may not believe you I would want to see about it asap:blah:

whiteflash
12-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
but I dont see why not are you going to notify the store or company cause if you wait to long they may not believe you I would want to see about it asap:blah:

ya i'm going call dell....

CannondaleRider
12-30-2005, 10:27 PM
I'd seriously doubt they'd cover theft, do to it having nothing to do with there company, or there quality of product.

No harm in trying though

hondarider2500
12-30-2005, 10:46 PM
well, two years ago i bought a dell dj, and a few weeks later it was stolen out of my backpack in the gym lockerroom. i ended up buying a new one because Dell did nothing to help me. so unless they have changed their policies within the last 2 years i think your out of luck.

Warnerade
12-31-2005, 10:00 AM
your out 250 bucks...

xx3003xrdrxx
12-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
your out 250 bucks...

crday98
12-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2500
well, two years ago i bought a dell dj, and a few weeks later it was stolen out of my backpack in the gym lockerroom. i ended up buying a new one because Dell did nothing to help me. so unless they have changed their policies within the last 2 years i think your out of luck. why in gods name would any of you expect the manufacturer to be responsible for replacement of a stoled item? would chevy replace my truck if it were stolen? would honda replace my quad if it were stolen? would sony replace my tv if it were stolen?
i can only imagine if every manufacturer followed the practice of replacing stolen products. what is to stop anyone from selling the product to a friend only to have it replaced by reporting it stolen?

if you didn't want your Dell DJ stolen, then you should have been responsible enough not to leave it in your backpack in the gym locker room. then you have the nerve to think Dell should be inclined to replace it because of your carelessness?
:rolleyes:

dangle
12-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Bling Bling is runnin around somewhere with your sweatband on jammin some tony tone and eatin sun chips...

Mike

KiethShwiggy300
12-31-2005, 03:15 PM
file a claim with your insurace company

coolex
12-31-2005, 04:00 PM
yup your out 250

hondarider2500
12-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by crday98
why in gods name would any of you expect the manufacturer to be responsible for replacement of a stoled item? would chevy replace my truck if it were stolen? would honda replace my quad if it were stolen? would sony replace my tv if it were stolen?
i can only imagine if every manufacturer followed the practice of replacing stolen products. what is to stop anyone from selling the product to a friend only to have it replaced by reporting it stolen?

if you didn't want your Dell DJ stolen, then you should have been responsible enough not to leave it in your backpack in the gym locker room. then you have the nerve to think Dell should be inclined to replace it because of your carelessness?
:rolleyes:

man i never said it wasnt my fault, because it was entirely my fault. but i still figured i would try.
you dont have to be a dick, i was just telling this guy about a similar experience i had.

mxdave28
12-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by whiteflash
They stole my Dell DJ, a bag of Sunchips, and a sweatband, i dont know why they stole the sweatband and sunchips?

Oh Oh i know who did it!!!! somebody give him the phone number to Richard Simmons:D cause he be sweatin to the oldies wit his new MP3 player

stc416rider
12-31-2005, 05:04 PM
i heard that the new dells can be traced when needed has n e 1 else heard this b 4

whiteflash
12-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by dangle
Bling Bling is runnin around somewhere with your sweatband on jammin some tony tone and eatin sun chips...

Mike

that's what i was thinking! LOL......there were two sweatbands a black one and a white one, but the person only took the black one.....i dont know why anyone would want a old sweatband?