PDA

View Full Version : elka ?

clutt225
12-30-2005, 03:22 PM
I have the elka dual rate rear shock with the elka link. I am just wondering what is the benifit of the dual link set up over the one that I have.
thanks for your help.

450r51
12-30-2005, 04:27 PM
it allows u to run a longer shock.

12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by clutt225
I have the elka dual rate rear shock with the elka link. I am just wondering what is the benifit of the dual link set up over the one that I have.
thanks for your help.

the dual link offers more travel and a better shock angle, and allows use of a longer shock

if you run this setup over the setup you have now you will need to purchase a new shock and sell your old one, but id say its worth it :macho

12-30-2005, 10:15 PM
the dual link offers more travel and a better shock angle, and allows use of a longer shock

if you run this setup over the setup you have now you will need to purchase a new shock and sell your old one, but id say its worth it :macho

(sorry if i posted this 2 times, exriders is messed up)

FHKracingZ
12-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Ya im sure using a 3/8 longer shock is gonna improve your rear alot :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .. Keep your current setup , it dosnt get much better elka is always trying to make more money, Gurentee it dosnt perform any different.

12-31-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
Ya im sure using a 3/8 longer shock is gonna improve your rear alot :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .. Keep your current setup , it dosnt get much better elka is always trying to make more money, Gurentee it dosnt perform any different.

actually it does, it gives a better shock angle and allows you to take advantage of that, you will have more smooth travel on the shock at all times