PDA

View Full Version : warranty

rooster400ex
12-30-2005, 10:53 AM
On the regular 6 motnth warranty for my 2005 400ex, does putting on a s/o void the warranty?

WheelerBob
12-30-2005, 12:15 PM
YES!!!:grr:

04TRX400EX
12-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Well, yes and no. Putting mods on the bike like an exhaust will not directly void the manufacturer warranty. The only way a slip-on will void the warranty is if something happended that was directly linked to the pipe, such as an engine running too lean and burning a ring or something crazy, idk. If you re-jetted the carb as well, than you warranty concerning the carb and that area of the engine is void. Do what most people do and hold on to your stock parts. That way, if you have any problems you can just put the bike back to stock and say "I don't know what happened."

fitethesystom
01-01-2006, 04:22 PM
you better lay low with modifications until your warrenties up. That would be really dumb to have warrenty work denied.

Mike,

wolffie
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
when i got my predator a couple months ago, the dealer told me bolt on parts would not void the warranty, but direct engine such as boring, or adding a high performance came would. i dont know if this is the same deal with the Honda warranty, but i figured it couldnt be that different!

NCexRider
01-01-2006, 05:27 PM
I just bought my '05 400EX in September and got the 36 month extended warranty. I put on a Big Gun slip-on, K&N filter, and had the dealership install a Dynojet kit themselves. They said that none of this would have any effect on my warranty, only internal engine mods will void it.

TRX400-06
01-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Thats what they told me. That only internal mods affect it. Yamaha is a little different. They was the put all the stock parts on and say I dont know what happened. Then they said I sank it in water and that its all my fault. Which didn't happened so I argued with them for a while before they fixed it under warranty.