PDA

View Full Version : Internet & Racing

Johnny & Monica
12-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Whats Everyones opion on this ? Opions are like azzz`s everyone has one . Mines monica :devil:
When We first started racing in the 90`s We went to the races . You would make freinds with the people next to ya in the pit`s or on the starting line Race all year with them say hey at the races . An the race season would come to a end An you wouldnt see any of your buddys till next season . Now with the internet You can get on here an talk smack with your buddys from other states all winter long . Make new Buddys . An get your parts faster an cheaper with the options of shopping around. Scores results race reports an pictures are up asp no waiting to read Dirtwheels or other magazines Thats always a few months to late We never read the dirtwheels in my house as much as we use to . Harlen is always on the ball with the latest updates an pictures . The Internet & ATVRIDERS Have really stepped up to inform us for all latest news an updates :D

geogeorge
12-30-2005, 11:41 AM
true the internet has made it easyer and faster to get info, parts ect. It has at the same time made it harder on some. Cuz you can get this stuff so fast many have come to think they should get it fast.

use to be you got how you were doing race to race. Miss one and you just waited untill the next race. Now it seems that if the info is not up with in hours of the end of the race someone is crying about it.

as for the buddys. if you wonted to talk find out how they are doing you use to have to call. I kind of miss the calls, lost my phone book and don't need long dist on my phone.

So with every advance there is a price to pay. Some times I miss the old ways.

IOWAracer
12-30-2005, 11:59 AM
well i wasnt really around in the old days lol but i like the way it is now it makes stuff faster and easier only problem is i cant type worth a crap lol

jlhughes750
12-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I agree 100%..........The ATV sites are the greatest way to get info......

the only advantage dirtwheels has over the sites: I can't take my PC to the john.... always gotta have a dirtwheels in hand while on the hopper!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

geogeorge
12-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
I agree 100%..........The ATV sites are the greatest way to get info......

the only advantage dirtwheels has over the sites: I can't take my PC to the john.... always gotta have a dirtwheels in hand while on the hopper!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

wireless.....

IOWAracer
12-30-2005, 01:45 PM
always gotta have a dirtwheels in hand while on the hopper!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea i forgot about that, dont feel normal without it

yfz450xc
12-30-2005, 03:04 PM
I have to say it is nice that things are a tad faster if you want it or need to look up something or the latest tips ; but we used to see our results at a race posted somewhere and then at the end of the year and we never gave it any thought then. Computers have taken alot of time from all of us and me for sure as well, I know I used to spend alot more time in the garage than I do now and visit freinds as well.
Scott

sspalco
12-30-2005, 03:10 PM
We still read the mags and have movie night at the homestead. But the cyber world has really just taken off. It hasn't even reached its peak yet. I hear that in 2006 you will be able to download movies to your freakin iPod. So there goes movie night. It's a fast paced world and I don't forsee it slowing down any. So sit back, hang on, and enjoy the ride....try to keep up if ya can.-

Johnny & Monica
12-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Whats great about it is when your working on your quad an run into a problem you can go to the honda , suzui , yamaha , mini quad forum an post question an have a anwser or several answers with in minute`s .

dopeyferree
12-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Find out about all the different races that are not posted at your local dealer and meeting people online and then putting a face to the name at the track is great. Also the internet has saved alot of people alot of money, If your atv is acting up and you cant figure it out, most people would have to take them to a mechanic and end up paying alot of money for something very simple, now just post a question and you can fix it your self due to all the replies you get.