PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 help

TCracin440ex
12-30-2005, 01:00 AM
well i figured id post this in open forum but my buddy is having problems with his yfz 450...it will idol fine but when you hit the gas it cuts out, pops and sputters...ive taken it all down, cleaned the petcock out to make sure it wont trash in the gas....i tried to get the carb down but i couldnt even get it out....i dont kno what else to do far as this bike....some body shed some light on this bike

YZ400EX
12-30-2005, 01:09 AM
You are going to have to eliminate all possible causes and the carb would definately be one of them..you will need to pull the carb and check the jets and other things inside to make sure it is all clean. That possible problem will have to be eliminated before you can move on to other things..There could be many things to cause this, but start with the small stuff first..

XCRACER26
12-30-2005, 01:12 AM
tell him to get a HONDA . check the plug and the jetting.

Atkins
12-30-2005, 01:54 AM
That began to happen to me after I had a fierce wreck. My uncle who races cars and rides dirtbikes thinks that the coil is broke. $40 part i guess.

Ive also heard of this happening with aftermarket pipes with improper jetting.

popo
12-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by XCRACER26
tell him to get a HONDA . check the plug and the jetting.

Be quiet!

TCracin440ex
12-30-2005, 09:42 AM
well plugs and jetting everything was fine that we know of...we couldnt get the bowl off the carb them damn brass screws are a pain in the *** to get out and not only that they were starting to strip...so i just took the bottom piece off the bowl that goes right to the jet idk what its called...but that checked out ok...we took plug out and i hit it up with the wire brush....well i finally got pissed off and just put the damn thing back together and dude was like well im going to take the damn thing back to the yamaha shop tomorrow and let them work on it....so i put it back together and he was just putting it arround the yard...well it stalled out on him..then he cranked it again and it was fine....

it happened again tho...and i got on it and cranked it up...turned the choke on and rode it arround and i guess that blew what ever was clogging it up out the carb...turned the choke off and it was fine

KH426
12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Bypass the T.O.R.S system, mine did the same thing. If I remimber right unplug and jump the wires to make sure thats what it is.

TCracin440ex
12-31-2005, 01:54 AM
here is a pic of the bike....i got so sick of looking at that bioch after staying up all night working on it....then it started runnin right and i got to ride the hell out of it

TCracin440ex
12-31-2005, 01:56 AM

what is the T.O.R.S.....fill me in so if it happens again ill kno what to do or what to check

YZ400EX
12-31-2005, 02:49 AM
TORS is an electrical setup on most Yamaha's that is supposed to shut stuff down if say like the throttle is stuck open and stuff like that..its a safety device, but is known to malfunction most of the time and cause more problems then good..there will be 2 wires that come from the carb and hook into the wiring harness. you will need to unplug those and either cut the plug off and put the 2 wires together or jump the wire from one to the other however you would like..There is also a TORS connected to the parking brake I believe so if the park brake is engaged then it wont rev either..I dont know if its the same on a YFZ, but that how my banshee was..Hope this helps.