PDA

View Full Version : Another cam question!!!!!!!!!

badass300ex
12-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I have an 03 300ex, I tried ordering a cam and piston today but everyone I talk to is telling me different things that I shound or should not do. So before I order I just want to get some more opioions. My quad has about 30 hours or so on it and there telling me that I should go with .20 over because my cylinder has some ware on it. I was trying to avoid machine work.and one shop told me it would be fine. All I want is alittle more power and a cam and piston is all I can do without major machine work . So will I be ok with a web drop in cam and a stock bore high comp piston and will it be reliable trail quad. I dont want to travel 5 hours away and be the one who has to sit back at the truck because my quad to a *****. So I appreciate any suggestions.

Cody_300ex
12-30-2005, 12:58 AM
I would go with at least an .060 piston....

300ex_#387
12-30-2005, 08:39 AM
You will feel a noticable difference with a 11:1 stock bore, and a new cam. Also you might want to look at getting a little bit of porting a polishing done too. This is the best sight I have found to buy a cam seperate. http://www.webcamshafts.com/honda-atv.html

Colby@C&DRacing
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
If you want to be sure you can use a stock size piston take your cylinder to a machine shop and have them measure the clearances if it is still in spec you can have it honed for a cross hatch and be just fine. Installing a std bore high comp piston and a cam will be a noticeable difference.