PDA

View Full Version : kazuma atv no spark

danc
12-29-2005, 08:12 PM
brand new kazuma 110 atv. break in 30 min, kids ride for 30 minutes, now it wont start. No spark in plug, no spark from plug wire. I am a little frustrated since I am not having luck with the dealer who sold to me. 1000 bucks lot of money for something that sits in the garage. can anyone help? I have checked kill switch.

TheFontMaster
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
There should be some kind of dealer warentee on it. Take it back to them and say that you want them to fix it, and if they give you a rough time, give them hell right back. The other thing you coulf do is to go buy a multimeter, and check all the wireing yourself. Coil, CDI, kill switch, stator.

danc
12-29-2005, 08:25 PM
would like to ship it back but minnesota's a long way from Washington state.

Thanks for advise on the wiring and multimeter. That is what I will have to do and send parts back that are faulty.

pain in the but.

key4202003
12-29-2005, 08:35 PM
launch that fu*ker right threw the display window. that'll teach the basterdish fish from h*ll

Bound4Dirt
12-30-2005, 12:35 AM
I sell them, not that brand though. Check the wire connections in the front under the front handle bars. We had 1 that had a connection loose.
Second, the CDI should be in the rear on the left side. Make sure connections are fine too.
Did your son go through water? Maybe it got wet? Battery good? Lights work?

www.paylessquads.com

danc
12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Lights work, battery works, had to trickle charge after trying to start, son did go thru wet grass/little water spray, but no deep puddles. I have checked all connections, given the on off and all connections a shot of wd 40, and still no spark. got it from family go carts dot com and the emails I send get returned from postmaster.....fun....thanks for your input! appreciate anyone who has advice so my 8 and 12year old can get out and tear up the back yard!

Bound4Dirt
12-30-2005, 10:51 AM
How do you know there is no spark? Are you putting the boot to a ground and trying to start it? If so, then that is a good way. Did you test the CDI box? Does your unit have a coil (where the sparkplug wire goes too)? Is it connected good?
Also, what about the cut off switch? Some have one on the handle bars. Not sure how yours work. This could be off? Confirm 100% its on.

danc
12-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I have checked spark plug out, close to engine, and w/o plug, replaced w wire next to engine for arching spark, nothing there. the cut off is either on or off. that is confirmed. I have checked all the wires and connectors - this thing is brand new. everything is connected, and has been disconnected, and re connected. battery good. starter turns fine....must be cdi or coil. will have to get out the meter.....

wheeltrax
12-31-2005, 05:57 PM
personally, not to bash or anything, i have learned that the off brand quads suck. My dads friend bought one and has had lots of stupid stuff go wrong. (gas cap melted, carb fell off, chain skips, wont shift). I just have not seen too much quality in these machines.. Id check the cdi or coil and see what comes outta there.

m1ke
01-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Remove plug and secure it to the engine with the killswitch on. turn it over and look for spark, if that has failed you better think about a coil replacement. That's what it sound's like...

biddyxb
05-29-2006, 03:24 PM
check your fuel cut off valve it is probably closed and you need to open it up. it should be on the left side close to where your seat is and its a lever that needs to be either up or down and not sideways.

Sjorge450R
05-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by biddyxb
check your fuel cut off valve it is probably closed and you need to open it up. it should be on the left side close to where your seat is and its a lever that needs to be either up or down and not sideways.

you dont know how many times that I have done that. Also , check the kill switch(s).

biddyxb
05-29-2006, 04:55 PM
have you tried spraying engine starting fluid into the carb and if that doesn't work get a volt meter and see if you are getting any volts going to the blue wire on your cdi and also see if your getting any volts going to your ignition coil.

unhappycustomer
12-25-2006, 05:33 PM
We purchased two vehicles from PAYLESSQUADS for Christmas. 1 quad for my daughter for Christmas to replace her old one (which runs without a problem and was not purchased from PAYLESSQUADS) and 1 dirt bike for myself. This has been a nightmare since the moment we got home with our $1070 worth of equipment. Neither of these items are in any sort of running condition. The quad will not start nor run unless on the charger. Once taken off the charger it stalls (although we have only been able to start it once). The dirt bike has only been able to be started once by a male neighbor. I have tried calling these people to attempt to resolve the starting issues on both items. Last night (Christmas Eve) I was preparing the quad for the morning (Christmas Morning..she is only 11) and attempted to start the quad for the first time since it was put in my garage after purchase. The quad would not start!!!!!! The battery was dead. I attempted to trickle charge the battery and while on the charger attempted to start it. After almost an hour I called PAYLESSQUADS and was given the run around. It did start while on the phone, but as soon as the charger was taken off it stalled. It has not started since. It was left on the charger all night in hopes it would start this morning (no such luck). I called them back (they did not answer) and left a message saying I would bring both items to them the next day to figure out what was wrong, still trying to figure out how to give my daughter her NEW quad that is not running and can not be taken out on Christmas day! They subsequently sent an email stating that the NEW items are sold "AS IS." That is incorrect and will be sorted in court when I file a suit tomorrow! NEW items legally have an implied warranty of "working order." "As is" only applies to used vehicles. I have several emails proporting NEW and even had to send a deposit to begin its building. These people have been paid in full cash and neither of them are in working condition. Sounds like fraud to me. I would stay clear of them so you don't end up with a non-working item on Christmas and fighting it out in court. There are other dealers and maybe they will stand behind their products, but these guys don't!!!!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!

If anyone else has had similiar problems send me an email. We will be taking them to court filing as soon as the courts open 12/26.

Thanks

jerry-89-250R
12-26-2006, 05:54 AM
do a search for mini atv's, a couple i know of are miniatvs.com and atvposters.com, they have lot's of good info on all brands